Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chat Room Participation

Magikman

Several members have expressed an interest in the 'real time' chat room that Gareth has linked on his main page. Its a great way for groups of people to communicate with each other instead of using the instant message system. If you would be interested in chatting with the other members of this forum, respond to this post with your answer and include the best day and time for you. I'm thinking the best time would be the weekend, either Sat. or Sunday because of the time differences involved, we're talking about a 6 hour time variance between England and the Mountain time zone in the states. My best guess would shoot for 8:00p.m. at night in England, which would be 2:00 in the afternoon for Dalia. Or something similar. Any thoughts and/or ideas?

Magikman  :)

* - Of course weekdays are also a possibility, only those that work in the states probably wouldn't be able to participate early on.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Saru

• SpaceyKC

• Tommy

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like a great idea,  but I can't do the math!  I am on the east coast, so that's later than mountain time, right?  Around 2 pm on a Sunday would be good for me. Does the chat room have a place where people stopping by could see who's in there? That'd be helpful!

Take care,

NORA

Nora,

Yes, once you've logged on with a user name, the main 'chat' screen will appear. On the right hand side of the screen is a listing of all the users currently in the room. Tommy made a good suggestion, you might want to register your name as soon as possible for the chat room. I tried Magikman and Magik but they are already registered to someone else.  :P I was going to go with he who can do amazing illusions but that's too many characters.  ;) I was then struck by a revelation, and registered under Messiah. :D  

As to your other question, yes, the Eastern time zone would be 2 hours later than the Mountain. Just to be absolutely sure about the time, Gareth, if you are reading this post, is the time shown in the main title block the current time in Scotland and England, or is there some adjusting that I have to account for? Any feedback would be appreciated.

MAGIKMAN :)

Hi Magik,

The time in the top corner of the forum is GMT - 1.

I don't know why it's -1 but I haven't yet been able to work out how to change it.

Having a live chat in the chat room is a good idea, there used to be live chats a long while ago in the days when the forum was nothing more than a free board off of Bravenet.

Anyone who would like to take part can reach the chat room here :

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/chatroom.htm

If you have the mIRC chat client, theres details for logging in via that as well.

8pm tonight is ok by me also. To anyone who isn't in the UK, 8pm is 3pm EST and 12am PST. ( please tell me if I've got either of those wrong ).

Of course it depends on how many people are going to be available at that time.

To anyone who is interested in participating - let us know by posting to this thread.

Thanks. :)

See you there.  :D

8.00 sounds like a reasonable time to me. As far as weekdays go, I would say I have slight nocturnal tendencies, but we could stick to weekends.  

Whatever's easier. :)

Tommy  

Thanks, Magikman!

I think this would be a wonderful treat. 2:00 PM on Sunday would work great for me.

Hope to meet you all there.

Dalia