Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Celebrating summer solstice

sublime_serenity75

June 21st is upon us, and I'm pondering what I will do to celebrate the solstice with my family. I've found innumberable sites on the net regarding it's history and various other names, but I'm looking more towards ceremonies that people carry out.

This is from Selena Fox & the website Circle Sanctuary

Stay up all night on Solstice Eve and welcome the rising Sun at dawn. Make a pledge to Mother Earth of something that you will do to improve the environment and then begin carrying it out. Have a magical gift exchange with friends. Burn your Yule wreath in a Summer Solstice bonfire. Exchange songs, chants, and stories with others in person or through the mail. Do ecstatic dancing to drums around a blazing bonfire.

-Source

Do you practice any of these? What other things do you do to celebrate the solstice? grin2.gifgrin2.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• Link of Hyrule

• TaintedDoughnuts

• sublime_serenity75

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pagan group is going to have a noon time celebration. I am not exactly sure what we are doing other than it is African. I wanted to do it at dawn but for some reason nobody want to do that. sleepy.gif

i never really thought about celebrating the solstice... maybe ill spend some time with my family original.gif

i never really thought about celebrating the solstice... maybe ill spend some time with my family original.gif

673561[/snapback]

It's a natury pagan celebration called Midsummer or Litha...

http://members.tripod.com/ladyshadowfeather/id30.html here's some info on it.

As for me, depending on the day before is... I might see about seeing some friends. Good news of bad... I'll try very hard to see some friends...

It's winter down-under. No summer solstice for us.

But there is a festival known as "Winter Magic" out in the Blue Mountains on the outskirts of Sydney, held during the winter solstice. I normally go there. It's basically one big festival where people try to sell you stuff at highly inflated prices, but I have friends out that way, and it's an excuse to go and see them.

Besides, who can pass up the chance to get drunk, pass out in sub-zero temperatures and die of hypothermia

Edit - grammar

Edited by BFG