Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The French Thread

Erikl

With all the recent threads mentioning France and France's role in the EU, I decided to open a thread that can't go off topic unless you don't talk about the French or France, this can range from their contribution to WW2, to France's role in Europe today. Commence.

P.S.

please refrain from any use of offensive words and respect others' opinions original.gif.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Erikl

• SnakeProphet

• Blackleaf

My view is that the French or great.

Anything that gave us such culture has to be applauded.

Whatever their contribution in WW2 - which was great by the way - thanks a lot.

I like French artists, French films, French music - so I'm grateful for that too.

Vive le France!

... not sure this is a good idea because what if we open a thread for EACH country? no.gif

The French Revolution plays an important role in how the world is today! A great moment in History that should not be taken for granted.

Edited by Super Pancake

Well that guy has opened about 50 about Britain and it's OK so far.

Plus France is a major country so it's not like we're gonna open one for a country with a population of 12.

thats a good idea kratos.

673839[/snapback]

Since there is a French one already, I guess I will get to work on the other 192 countries in the world. rofl.gif

france has one of the most interesting and amazing history's on earth.

Yes - I know more than a few French. My disdain comes from thier hatred of the US and Britian who have done nothing but try to help them throughout history. Its not personal against the normal French citizens. I have visited France as well as most of Europe and by far they were the rudiest to travelors.. And my wife and I were nothing but outgoing and kind (not ethnocentric Americans).. It was obvious many French just resent all Americans. We were traveling with Brits who were treated badly as well..

Right here's my piece:

I'm not very fond of France for number of few reasons (mainly political but few cultural as well), but what I do admire are their great wines and ofcourse much appriciation for Napoleon - a fascinating leader original.gif.

have visited France as well as most of Europe and by far they were the rudiest to travelors.. And my wife and I were nothing but outgoing and kind (not ethnocentric Americans).. It was obvious many French just resent all Americans. We were traveling with Brits who were treated badly as well..

ive heard many people , including our friend fluffybunny and american himself , describe americans that way.

oh and ive been to france and i was treated brilliantly.

as long as u try and fit into their culture. not the other way . the way ot should be .

EDIT: Educanale, if you have nothing intelligent or inoffensive to contribute to this thread then do not post in it at all

REDIT: I post my distate for France with humor. If you dont get it. Too bad.

RE-Edit also.......Educanale, that really was not very clever, should you repost that picture and comment again you may expect to be taking a break from this forum

Edited by Thistle

I know for a fact, the "ugly american travelors" are out there giving us all a bad name. I admit that. But to treat everyone bad instead of judging people as individuals is not right. Like I said, its not personal, Im quite sure many French are very nice and dont treat everyone rudly.. I guess it rubs me wrong because living in Los Angeles we get alot of foriegn travelors many French and myself and family go out our way to help them when the ask directions or want advise on where to go and what to see.. But that was not reciprocated when we were there. I admit Paris is one of the most astecially beautiful places to see. I wish the people were as nice.

oh and ive been to france and i was treated brilliantly.

as long as u try and fit into their culture. not the other way . the way ot should be .

673880[/snapback]

LOL not to mention Scots are probably the only Europeans who don't have a grudge against France rolleyes.gif.

j/k.

Long live the Auld Alliance! tongue.gif

here here

long live the auld alliance.

i like the french

ForRizzle you got treated that badly, well when I was their they pretty much loved me, except for my politics, philosophy, and soccer then it got ugly, it was expected, but besides that the common curtesy was excellent. Anyway any of you been to the E tower, "overrated."

Another great thing about France is Paris - just been reminded about that.

I would love to go there.

I might go in the summer. Now that I'm old enough I can just pack up and bugger off - I would love to do that, just go somewhere for a couple of nights unplanned. And France would be the place I'd go.

I'm not sure I wanna go on my own though - a bit scary.

What do you think to this?

I plan on crossing all of Europe when I'm out, including ofcourse, France.... I think the entire trip will take about a year... but that's only three years from now sad.gif.