Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman Wins $1M Lottery for 2nd Time in '05

__Kratos__

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A woman who won $1 million playing a Pennsylvania Lottery scratch-off ticket earlier this year won another million on the same game Thursday.

Donna Goeppert, 55, of Bethlehem said it was "just unbelievable" after filing her claim Friday at lottery headquarters. "What are the odds of that?" she asked.

The odds of winning just once are 1.44 million-to-1, according to the lottery. Lehigh University engineering professor Bob Storer placed the odds of winning twice after buying 100 tickets at 419 million-to-1.

Goeppert's winning tickets both came in the lottery's $1 Million Blockbuster game. A lottery spokeswoman confirmed that a claim was filed but has not yet been validated and said it typically takes four to six weeks before a check is issued.

Goeppert purchased the most recent winning ticket from Lump's Deli in Bethlehem for $20.

Her win in January allowed her to pay off her mortgage and her children's mortgages, buy a new Cadillac and put away money for her grandchildren's education.

Lottery officials said other winners have experienced lucky streaks. A Carbon County man won four times, collecting over $2.5 million in the late 1980s and '90s; and a husband and wife separately won replica Pocono pace cars in the Pocono Race for the Riches game in 2000.

Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't this happen to me? sad.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• warden

• V for Vanity

• nou

• __Kratos__

Lucky for her, I don't do lotto its a suckers bet and only old people who are about to die win.

Good god, that seems a little greedy to me. tongue.gif

Why do I have the feeling that there were some cheating involved in this 'lottery'

Apparantly i'm not trustworthy

She's clearly one of Gods favorites.

674361[/snapback]

I agree innocent.gif she's a very lucky woman, just imagine what you could do with that money rolleyes.gif

Lucky woman, it's nice to hear that she took care of her family as well.

We had a case in Australia where a man won a huge amount of money and gave his daughter millions. She in turn built her 2 daughters a new house each for their families.

The woman now is demanding rent from her daughters and has threatened to evict them. wacko.gif

She should give the second win to charity mad.gif

laugh.gif Who am I kidding. I wouldn't tongue.gif

Keep it all and have the time of your life without thinking about others devil.gif

Is she needing a toyboy i wonder devil.gif

Wow, lucky.

There was a case here (again, in Australia) where a man bought a scratchie and won the first "Win for Life" game (fifty thousand dollars a year for the next twenty years). I think it's that scratchie, but don't quote me. It could be another scratchie game.

Whatever the case, the media all went crazy, taking photos and such. He went to the newsagent to do a photo simulation of him scratching the win for life. During this photo shoot he scratched up a thirty thousand dollar car.

Now that's luck

I wish I was that lucky!

user posted image

Lucky for her, I don't do lotto its a suckers bet and only old people who are about to die win.

674268[/snapback]

How true!! rolleyes.gif I'am not greedy but I would like to win it once to pay our place off we just bought and buy a new car and pay for my daughters college when she's older. thumbsup.gif

She must have a horseshoe up her bum. SO JEALOUS!!!

682592[/snapback]

By the sounds of it she had the whole bloody horse