Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slaughter of Nairobi park lions highlights Kenyan

Althalus

NAIROBI (AFP) - They had come to see lions, but not like this, decapitated, pawless, bloody and spear-marked.

Visitors to the park saw the carcass of a beast that was speared to death and mutilated on the edge of Nairobi National Park, Kenya's oldest gazetted game reserve.

One can count on sightings at close quarters of the country's finest wild fauna, but not lions, which are rarely spotted in the park itself these days. Eighty percent of the tourists who visit it say they don't see their favourite beast, and if they do, it's only cubs and sub-adults.

To the dismay and disgust of those who went to the Safari Walk together with AFP last week, the only visible lion, a young adult female, was dead, the 10th lion to be killed over the last month and the 49th since 1999, park officials and wildlife activists said.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starlyte

• Althalus

• Sageghost

• Ladyspirit_guide

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this saddens my heart. crying.gif They really need to come up with some kind of permanent solution. The poor lions need to be better protected and fed. And the farmers need to try to come up with a more humane way to keep the lions away from their herds. This is just horrible....

• 2 weeks later...

this is so tragic.....isn't there something that can be done?

The greed, stupidity and ruthlessness of some humans will be the ruination of these and other beautiful creatures.

WHY DO WE NEVER LEARN?

I honestly am ashamed to belong to the same species as people like that. I'm disgusted.

mad.gif

I honestly am ashamed to belong to the same species as people like that. I'm disgusted.

As am I... crying.gif