Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For Talon

Kismit

Subby, I'm glad you feel shame....Talon ...please tell me you really do know who Jimi hendrix is, I know it's not a crime not to know, but that's like saying you don't know who Chuck berry or Elvis was.

Also I know not of this Baker's Street music, you speak of, it sounds Fatherishly frightening.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Talon

• Nxt2Hvn

• Michelle

Top Posters In This Topic

Music has such an influence on artistic ability…

Kismit, you're 11 years younger than me.... crying.gif

I had an advantage when it comes to music. My oldest sister was 12 years older than me and I can sing word for word most of the rock fifties music. I have a wide variety of avenues to draw from.

Too bad, I can't remember the names of the songs or most of the artists. blush.gif

Chuck berry

....er... hmm.gif

or Elvis was.

I know who he is grin2.gif I just don't know his songs, except for The Hound Dog one huh.gif .... and that famous one were he keeps on going on about 'uh, hu' blink.gif Its weird what people called music before Linkin Park unsure.gif

Talon... Have you seen Back to the Future..... the Song Johnny B. Good is by Chuck Berry (the one with Michael J Fox playing it at the dance)

ahhh, Michelle I didn't like most of the music that was popular when I was a kid. In the 80's I was listening to the Kink's, 'well respected man', the Beatles ' Helter Skelter', Cat Stephens ' Teaser and the firecat' and The Cure's , 'Standing on a beach' the original with All of the b sides on it..

Ahhh....remember B sides.. laugh.gif

Lord, the lost art of the B-side! Does anybody do singles like that anymore?

Talon... Have you seen Back to the Future..... the Song Johnny B. Good is by Chuck Berry (the one with Michael J Fox playing it at the dance)

I haven't seen that movie since I was 13, so I don't remember the song sorry.

disgust.gif Subby, get away from my shoes...or are you licking my toes... wink2.gif

It boggles the mind that you guys don't know these people. The collection of albums ( ohmy.gif what are those) I have you wouldn't believe. cool.gif

disgust.gif Subby, get away from my shoes...or are you licking my toes... wink2.gif

It boggles the mind that you guys don't know these people. The collection of albums ( ohmy.gif what are those) I have you wouldn't believe. cool.gif

676605[/snapback]

My hubby is 24, and he knows all of these people... and I of course should be shot if I didn't... Since I am 34... tongue.gif

Kismit, you have excellent taste in music. thumbsup.gif

MMMmmmmm... I wonder where that lock button would be if someone else posted a topic like this...?

Just playing Devil's Advocate ... tis my job ya know! f

Why Nxt? Is it in the wrong section? Is somebody offended by it? I apreciate devils advocate but not so much the judgement thing. I don't lock peoples threads becuase they are dicussing on topic and or being pleasant to each other, But thank you for your in put any-way.

P.S. If I have done something which has offended you recently, or at all, please let me know

Edited by Kismit

Lol talon, you have as I said in my p.m. many years to learn about music. original.gif

Why Nxt? Is it in the wrong section? Is somebody offended by it? I apreciate devils advocate but not so much the judgement thing. I don't lock peoples threads becuase they are dicussing on topic and or being pleasant to each other, But thank you for your in put any-way.

P.S. If I have done something which has offended you recently, or at all, please let me know.

676617[/snapback]

Kismit.... unsure.gif It was a Joke dontgetit.gif

(plus the fact that some mods .. in the past I will admit... have locked threads because in 'their' opinion, a topic like this would had been better as a PM)....

Seriously though... I did not mean any offense! mellow.gif

<<<Hi.. my name is Nxt2Hvn... there was a day... when I thought I was funny>>>> hmm.gif

...the B sides... tongue.gif

My Mother kept every record all the kids growing got tired of and I bet they are worth a fortune now. She has well over 20 thousand. blink.gif

Nxt, that's why I was surprised. I'm glad we cleared it up. I thought that we had allways been friends. original.gif

So what your take on Janis then?

Nxt, that's why I was surprised. I'm glad we cleared it up. I thought that we had allways been friends.  original.gif

So what your take on Janis then?

676629[/snapback]

Janis was a very talented woman... and I really never got in to her really big, but I always listen to her if one of her songs comes on the radio.

Lol talon, you have as I said in my p.m. many years to learn about music.

Problem is I have a particular taste and tend to switch off when I hear anything else. The Beetles, Elvis, Rolling Stones just don't do anything for me.

Creed's 'What If' however, is one of the greatest songs of all time... well, in my opinion laugh.gif

Ahh Creed, I like Creed. I knew we could find something in common when it comes to music. original.gif

Ahh Creed, I like Creed. I knew we could find something in common when it comes to music. 

Yeah, most of Creed's stuff is good like 'With Arms Wide Open' and Six Feet From the Edge', although the lyrics for 'One' just made me laugh, but 'What If', 'Higher' and 'My Sacrifice' just blew me away. Seriously, 'My Sacrifice' is breathtaking.

Edited by Talon S.

Being a Christian Faith band.. i am surprised tht Talon likes them huh.gif

Being a Christian Faith band.. i am surprised tht Talon likes them

Oh I don't know them, they could have been Nazis for all I knew. tongue.gif I just DL their music from Kazaa after hearing 'My Sacrifice' grin2.gif

Er... also Creed music is great for turning into Dragon Ball Z music videos wacko.gif

Being a Christian Faith band.. i am surprised tht Talon likes them

Oh I don't know them, they could have been Nazis for all I knew. tongue.gif I just DL their music from Kazaa after hearing 'My Sacrifice' grin2.gif

676658[/snapback]

LOL Talon... but you are correct.. they are a GREAT band... one of my favorites..

And although I wouldn't expect you to agree with me .. but Scott Stapp (the front man - lead vocals)... IS SEXY!!! tongue.gif