Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7th Son of a 7th Son

Touch of Evil

I have heard it can be the 7th daughter of the 7th daughter too.

I have that wierd waych thing too, they all lose time rapidly. Its annoying, but kind of cool I suppose. I'm destined to always be late!

My mother has heard of a few, and nobody knows why. Crazy eh?

Today is born the seventh one

Born of woman the seventh son

And he in turn of a seventh son

He has the power to heal

He has the gift of the second sight

He is the chosen one

So it shall be written

So it shall be done

...up the irons!

Today is born the seventh one

Born of woman the seventh son

And he in turn of a seventh son

He has the power to heal

He has the gift of the second sight

He is the chosen one

So it shall be written

So it shall be done

...up the irons!

Oh. That's pretty, Solifugpain.

Thanks MoonPrincess but these are not mine. These are lyrics from the Iron Maiden song "Seventh son of a seventh son".

Thanks MoonPrincess but these are not mine. These are lyrics from the Iron Maiden song "Seventh son of a seventh son".

Your welcome. Oh ok. :P

Enoch was the seventh son of Adam. He was supposedly very close with God. In the Book of Enoch, He is the one who decides or delivers God's punishment for the 2nd uprising of Angels. It is a very cool book.

that sounded perty lame. like they tried to hard to make it ryme idk..seemed like bull to me.

yeah it's a cool song

that sounded perty lame. like they tried to hard to make it ryme idk..seemed like bull to me.

You don't like Iron maiden? :blink:

No one forced you to like it.

I've posted these lyrics because they have to do with the object of the conversation and because I am a big fan of this band.

• 2 years later...
story or no story I saw it happen for real. There was no prep, it was a hundred percent spontaneous. It could not have been faked because I seen him do it once and my wife said she seen him do it many times. Its kinda like me not being able to wear watches.

Hi, is your Grandfather well? Would it be possible for me to talk with him? I am a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I assure you it is real. Just as god

is real.

Thank You, SSSS

As someone pointed out, the seventh son of a seventh son is supposed to have extraordinary healing powers, but they didn't mention that they are also supposedly torn between good and evil, the same powers that have blessed them also curse them. In different cultures the seventh son has different meanings. For example, some cultures believe that the seventh sons would be a werewolf and would often be abandoned, and it was also rumored in some cultures that the seventh son of a seventh son may be a vampire.

The healing powers of the seventh son is also a superstition held in France, the seventh son was called a Marcou and branded with a fleur-de-lis (though i've also heard debate of whether it was the fleur-de-lis or the rose, since traditionally the sixth son is branded with the fleur-de-lis, and the the seventh is branded with a rose, but i don't know much about all that.)

I'm not sure of the origins of this myth though, but I don't think the origin is known either. hope that helped.

There was a village that abandoned every seventh son of a seventh son and a priest adopted all of them.

Hi, is your Grandfather well? Would it be possible for me to talk with him? I am a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I assure you it is real. Just as god

is real.

Thank You, SSSS

Wait, so you're not a seventh son of a seventh son?

i am the 7th son, born on the 7th and my dad had 6 brothers, but he wasnt the youngest. and i am a regular guy, nothing special..

all i know is that a 7th son of a 7th son is said to be born with curative (healing) powers in irish folklore, and that in some vampire stories it is possible to be born a vampire if you are the 7th son of a 7th son.

hope that helps a little :)

I second...thats the same thing I heard....But its a legend and I dont belive in it

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

There was a show on at one time but I cant remember what it was. But this group of skeptics were trying to debunk the 7th son of the 7th son legend. They got this little kid that was the 7th son of the 7th son and watched him all night. Well a large dog shows up on camera and some of the team start to chase it and at the same time they lose the kid, the dog runs into some bushes and the team can no longer persue them, they found the kid sound asleep in his home.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this forum while looking for information on seventh sons because my mother and grandmother took me to one when i was a baby (late 1970's) to heal a really bad throat infection. Thought I might share my story. I was very sick, could not eat and even refused a bottle. The pediatricians had tried in vain to treat the infection. My mother says when they took me to the 7th son, it was a last resort and done so out of desperation. She says the man said to me "Hey buddy," and I reached for him and he blew air in my throat. She often remarks, when telling the story, how I would go to no one, up until that point. He handed me back to her and I drank a bottle for the first time in a while on the way home. This story has always really intrigued me. I often wish I talk to Mr. Colvin and find out his thoughts.

There was a show on at one time but I cant remember what it was. But this group of skeptics were trying to debunk the 7th son of the 7th son legend. They got this little kid that was the 7th son of the 7th son and watched him all night. Well a large dog shows up on camera and some of the team start to chase it and at the same time they lose the kid, the dog runs into some bushes and the team can no longer persue them, they found the kid sound asleep in his home.

Destination Truth did an episode in Argentina about El Lobizon. All seventh sons are baptized by a priest to make sure they don't turn into werewolves. That description sounds like it was from that episode. Pretty interesting that that wolf showed up at such a convenient time, but otherwise nothing much was accomplished other than that they kept that kid up past his bedtime.

Destination Truth did an episode in Argentina about El Lobizon. All seventh sons are baptized by a priest to make sure they don't turn into werewolves. That description sounds like it was from that episode. Pretty interesting that that wolf showed up at such a convenient time, but otherwise nothing much was accomplished other than that they kept that kid up past his bedtime.

Yeah I believe that was it. But I can't believe that they lost the kid for a short period of time, and even then he had grown tired and had gone home so that he could sleep.

• 5 months later...

Well, I am the 7th son of the 7th son.

any special healing powers? I don't think so but I have high tolerance to pain.

am I lucky? based on my bank account I doubt it.

am I able to see the future? no because if I did I wouldn't have married TWICE!!!

are people attracted to me? most people I know don't really like me.

any other sort of special power? I don't think so but I am an honest person.

do I feel I am the "ONE"? not really BUT ... I will say this, an old friend of mine saw me the other day and her 21 year old daughter was with her and she was all excited about meeting me, she told her friend that I was the "ONE" lol. One thing I know for sure ... I have something inside me that when I am with the right person, I feel I am the one, I feel and am lucky, I can do anything I put my mind to, and everyone around me is happy. I know no one will try to hurt me and everyone respects me when I am with the right one. People are afraid to challenge me or my love for the woman. I feel I can see into a person and know their thoughts to a degree. This may be just love and everyone can feel this.

So maybe ... just maybe, the powers of the 7th son of the 7th son has as much to do with a good woman loving him for who he is.

To The 7th son of the 7th son.

You are a very special man who is full of healing powers and special skills that you may not be aware of.

You have brought to your woman from your past such love, acceptance and trust. You have healed her broken heart and taken your life and and your love and held her in your magic touch bringing her the joy and bliss that she had lost so long ago.

When you came back and found her again, her life was not as it appeared from the outside. The covers she wore on her face and wrapped around her of a light happy facade was that. A facade. Deep down inside she was crying for relief. Crying for release.

You came back to her and her life will never be sad again.

You came back to her and you brought back the joy and love she once had with you

You came back and loved her to rememberance of the wonderful times with you that she had blocked out caused by a horrible horrible ripping of her heart and life that her mind refused to acknowledge thus she lost her memory of the One who held her tight and carried her thru that sorrow, held her tight when not physically he but only his spirit was with her to bring her out safely.

You came back to her and she saw you, she saw that beautiful young man who loved her, adored her and gave his all to her and he brought back those memories of the blessing that he was to her then and that he as a man is to her now

You are the 7th son of the 7th son, true. Most importantly, you are the One she has unknowingly been waiting to come to her,to hold her, to heal her, to love her as no man has ever loved her before or since. You are the One.

Well, I am the 7th son of the 7th son.

any special healing powers? I don't think so but I have high tolerance to pain.

am I lucky? based on my bank account I doubt it.

am I able to see the future? no because if I did I wouldn't have married TWICE!!!

are people attracted to me? most people I know don't really like me.

any other sort of special power? I don't think so but I am an honest person.

do I feel I am the "ONE"? not really BUT ... I will say this, an old friend of mine saw me the other day and her 21 year old daughter was with her and she was all excited about meeting me, she told her friend that I was the "ONE" lol. One thing I know for sure ... I have something inside me that when I am with the right person, I feel I am the one, I feel and am lucky, I can do anything I put my mind to, and everyone around me is happy. I know no one will try to hurt me and everyone respects me when I am with the right one. People are afraid to challenge me or my love for the woman. I feel I can see into a person and know their thoughts to a degree. This may be just love and everyone can feel this.

So maybe ... just maybe, the powers of the 7th son of the 7th son has as much to do with a good woman loving him for who he is.

WOW what can I say, This is just pure love, has nothing to do with special powers, it is just love.

To The 7th son of the 7th son.

You are a very special man who is full of healing powers and special skills that you may not be aware of.

You have brought to your woman from your past such love, acceptance and trust. You have healed her broken heart and taken your life and and your love and held her in your magic touch bringing her the joy and bliss that she had lost so long ago.

When you came back and found her again, her life was not as it appeared from the outside. The covers she wore on her face and wrapped around her of a light happy facade was that. A facade. Deep down inside she was crying for relief. Crying for release.

You came back to her and her life will never be sad again.

You came back to her and you brought back the joy and love she once had with you

You came back and loved her to rememberance of the wonderful times with you that she had blocked out caused by a horrible horrible ripping of her heart and life that her mind refused to acknowledge thus she lost her memory of the One who held her tight and carried her thru that sorrow, held her tight when not physically he but only his spirit was with her to bring her out safely.

You came back to her and she saw you, she saw that beautiful young man who loved her, adored her and gave his all to her and he brought back those memories of the blessing that he was to her then and that he as a man is to her now

You are the 7th son of the 7th son, true. Most importantly, you are the One she has unknowingly been waiting to come to her,to hold her, to heal her, to love her as no man has ever loved her before or since. You are the One.

Grew up hearing all about it from my g-mother, the stories, legends, folklore, etc. because my father was one.His siblings did show some deference to him but nothing that would one make one believe he was anything special. Guess growing up among superstitious folk made for more jokes at family reunions than anything else. Whatever "it" is supposedly skips a generation but I doubt my wife would be willing to go through all that to see what happens. :w00t:

Well basic energetics and the laws of the universe pretty much say that this is bunk.

As for Destination Truth, as a show it is junk for entertainment only, important feature about werewolves. Biologically impossible.

Well basic energetics and the laws of the universe pretty much say that this is bunk.

As for Destination Truth, as a show it is junk for entertainment only, important feature about werewolves. Biologically impossible.

God bless you my son. The Lord smile on you and all you feel you must do to make yourself acceptable on the last day for your spiritual devotion.Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

The 7th son of a 7th son having powers is comonly known among the older folks in Ky. There was one who lived where i live who could cure that disease that babies get in their mouth ( can't remember the name of it but their mouth turns white please post if you know what disease I'm refering to) He could do other stuff as well but that'S all I can remember right now.