Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the incentive for greatness?

Sherapy

There have been some very great people Jesus, Buddah, Martin Luther, etc..... What was the incentive for this greatness? Was it that these people saw life as a spiritual encounter-a journey of the soul? That possibly they responded to all of life within that context? Their struggles seemed to involve searching for God ,fulfilling the self and expressing the truth? Instead of working your whole life to aquire material things you worked your whole life to aquire heavenly things (i not referring to getting into heaven) Love, peace, joy that sense of gratitude that is present all ways. A common theme amoungst the truly great is they saw others plights as their own and dared to do something about it, I wonder if we all weren't created to mirror the deity with our lifes lived?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as a Christian I try to model my life according to his. To live holy. We all have faults and weaknesses. But to be like God is the right way. Sometimes we seem to fall because getting up is the struggle. Falling is the intial pain but getting up broken and bruised. This is awful. But we all have to get up and face life. To obtain holiness we must crucify the flesh and become one like Christ.

It is hard but it is what I try to do.