Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

XIAN TIME SCALE

GIDEON MAGE

so explain hopw weeks are years.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDEON MAGE

• Amalgamut

• hyperactive

• Paranoid Android

once again, science and logic win.

The bible... like good poetry... IS A METAPHOR!!! stupid people dont ever realise that and they just blindly follow their religion... like sheep. Like stupid fluffy white sheep, who at the end of the day get eaten by wolves... i would rather be the wolf. Not the stupid sheep.

679408[/snapback]

"Ignorance can be forgiven, betraye cannot" Book of Matthew.

The sheep have a chance in the end, the wolves do not.

Why else would Jesus refer to us as his flock?

Not all of "us" believers in God are nuts. so please have pity on those who are.

I have never understood why scientists and creationists both refuse to accept that maybe, just maybe - god made the universe by the big bang.the catholic church, for all it's faults, is actually open to this concept...

679548[/snapback]

As am I.

all we need is the speed of light, to disprove the xian notion of a 6000 year universe.  It doesn't mean there is no God!

681343[/snapback]

Exactly (except for that not all xians believe the 6000 year old earth)

I ALREADY REFERRED TO THIS. It is based on ignorance of the changes in the hebrew language. There are thousands of examples of the same words with different plural or other endings. It doesn't always change the meaning. Guess what? The books of the tanach were written at different dates! Languages change from time to time! They evolve!

omg! not that word!languages change, sometimes from year to year!

your site is just poor apologistic scholarship, but nice try.

I ALREADY REFERRED TO THIS.  It is based on ignorance of the changes in the hebrew language.  There are thousands of examples of the same words with different plural or other endings.  It doesn't always change the meaning.  Guess what? The books of the tanach were written at different dates!  Languages change from time to time!  They evolve!

693871[/snapback]

You asked again, so I told you again. I don't know exactly what the word "day" is meaning here. It could mean anyone of the deffinitions I gave you. Each is just as posible as the other.

omg!  not that word!languages change, sometimes from year to year!

693871[/snapback]

There is one word here, not an entire paragraph. Even so, has the Hebrew word for "day" radically changed that much over the years?

your site is just poor apologistic scholarship, but nice try.

693871[/snapback]

This is "Strongs" dictionary. Probably the most credible dictionary you can find. This IS the best dictionary to use for this matter! Hands down!

no, he posted another link to a xian apologist site that claimed that daniel's usage of a variant plural for shavua meant 70 years. sorry. that is what i was discussing.

your other xian dictionary sit about yom is very close to what i was saying, though.