Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Right to Bear Arms

Guest Lottie

Guest Lottie

Debate suggestion by UniversalParadox.

The Right to Bear Arms-

Should this Amendment still be in place and is it justifiable or should it be revoked?

This will be a formal, 1v1 debate. Each team will post a total of one introduction, five body posts and one conclusion. Showing countering of the opponent, good style, persuasive arguments and information relevant to the topic, and a conclusion. Remember to quote all your sources, no flaming or offensive langauage.

Also please try try to keep to the time limits of the rules which are 7 days per post otherwise points will start to be deducted.

Any questions feel free to contact myself or AztecInca

Edited by AztecInca

• 7 months later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• dan-o

• robbieb

• 1 month later...

I would love to debate this topic. I'm against the that out dated amendment in every way. =)

will be debating for the right to bare arms and preserve the amendment.

dan-o will be debating against the right to bare arms and to revoke the amendment.

Just quickly this will be formal, 1v1 debate. Each team will post a total of one introduction, five body posts and one conclusion. Showing countering of the opponent, good style, persuasive arguments and information relevant to the topic, and a conclusion. Remember to quote all your sources, no flaming or offensive langauage.

Also their is a 7-day time limit to post so please post within the time-frame. Otherwise points will be deducted.

Good luck! :tu:

Edited by Lottie

• 2 weeks later...

Introduction

The right to bear ours is an amendment that was made at a time when our country was still young, our military still in it's infancy. The second amendment was basically made to protect said country. The simple fact is there is no need to own a firearm in our country. Some of the most common reasons pro-second amendment people use to defend owning firearms in their homes are; To protect the country from tyranny, protecting one's home and of course...hunting.

During the course of this debate, I will provide reasons on why this amendment must be changed, if not totally removed from the constitution. I will highlight several points including topics such as : Our military and local law inforcment, the dangers of weapons in the home, what measures must be taken to insure proper safety and regulations if not complete banning of non-law enforcment/military owning firearms.

These are modern times. It's time the constitution was changed to go with a new century.

Edit by Lottie: removed name of previous opponent.

Edited by Lottie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lottie

Okay still looking for someone to debate for the right to bare arms and preserve the amendment.

(Note: I have tidied up this thread as it was getting very confusing...)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks robbieb, I will just check with dan-o to make sure he is still able to compete and then we can get started.