Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spritual warfare

F. Mulder

I have seen Hindus who sincerely believed that only by bathing in the Ganghis River once a year could their souls be cleansed and they had the same zeal and certainty of any Christian.

I have seen Muslems take the trek to Mecca with the absolute conviction that their journey was the work of their god, Allah and it was a holy and noble honor to do so. They believed they were as right as any Christian, no matter how fanatic.

I have seen Chinese who see beauty in all things and the spirit of universal life in a single blossom and they were convinced that the simplicity of their belief was god-given and pure with the same or greater conviction of any Christian.

A religious bigot is worst than a racial bigot because the consequences of his bigotry are eternal. I believe that God has no interest in what we call him or by what methods he is worshipped. But I do believe he has a very special judgement for those who would insult the beliefs of others in order to enforce their own.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• FearLess !

• The Silver Thong

• iaapac

Not attacking you,but you cannot see past your own religion. What makes you think that your religion out of 10,000 is the only correct one and the only way we can keep ourselves from hell. That is arrogance.

788851[/snapback]

It is not arrogance. it is faith. Although i guess you can argue they are both the same thing

Regards, PA

And the topic is...... Spiritual Warfare.

Not War over religious belief. So please back on topic, don't make me quote the original post a second time....

There that's the original post... the reason using a name like Jesus works is because you believe it works. Sweeping and clapping work for the Balinese. Why? Becuase a clean bright noisy home is more positive than a dank dark quiet one. Casting a white light works for witches. Why? same thing as the Balinese.

I agree with this Kismit, if you believe something works chances are it will work. The greatest healer is within yourself. Depression can make someone act like a demon is in them. They can become hateful, violent, self destructive, and generally insane. A group of people laying hands and showing that they care could brake

the cycle of depressive thought.

As a witch I believe a spirit can enter a persons body, but I think any good shaman can help get rid of them, because it is not actually the shaman, but the person who effects the healing.

I would like to say something on the matter if Kismit will allow it.

I think demons are not that powerful. They are people who have died and for whatever reason, will not leave the earth plane and move on. They may be mean and they may be desirous of causing us harm, but I don't think they can.

Just keep a positive belief in God and they can't affect you.

That PC enough for ya Kismit?

I think demons are not that powerful. They are people who have died and for whatever reason, will not leave the earth plane and move on. They may be mean and they may be desirous of causing us harm, but I don't think they can.

Just keep a positive belief in God and they can't affect you.

That's fairly similar to the way it's been viewed, it works becuase you don't believe they can hurt you, you belive there is something more powerful than them.

Warding away demons? Hmm... Not too hard... Demons may scare some, but to me they are nothing to fear... Even lucifer himself does not make me cower...

For if I am in the hands of God, who should I fear?

Jesus gave me and everyone more then just salvation, he also left us some of his power through his name... The phrase "In the name of Jesus Christ" has more power then most would believe...

There have been times I honestly believe I was being attacked by a demon, or something... It did frighten me, but I held strong to my beliefs and I spoke aloud, "Go away you are not welcome here in the name of Jesus Christ". Almost immediately it was gone.

God is on our side, believe it or not... We can turn to him...

Just my humble opinion...

LBD

The fact that demons don't actually exist (and are only another bit of mythology) helps. You need no protection from the make-believe - CD thumbsup.gif

Incidentally LBD, good to see you back! - CD thumbsup.gif

why do christians think that if a spirit is in their home its bad. why not learn to live with them around you as i have. i think people can be posessed but i think its EXTREMELY rare and all the little churches on tv where people are rolling around on the floor its all an act for attention i watched one one time it was hilarious i couldnt believe how they were acting they were even good at it. now the haunting in conneticut that one was more serious than the other one. besides isnt the whole famliy in georgia psychic or something its something theyll have to live with if they are if you are a medium you cant just make spirits go away they will go away anad other ones will come (just my opinion sorry if i offend)

why do christians think that if a spirit is in their home its bad. why not learn to live with them around you as i have. i think people can be posessed but i think its EXTREMELY rare and all the little churches on tv where people are rolling around on the floor its all an act for attention i watched one one time it was hilarious i couldnt believe how they were acting they were even good at it. now the haunting in conneticut that one was more serious than the other one. besides isnt the whole famliy in georgia psychic or something its something theyll have to live with if they are if you are a medium you cant just make spirits go away they will go away anad other ones will come (just my opinion sorry if i offend)

793527[/snapback]

Your right you create your own Demon's so live with them or get some help and I don't mean the church.

One thing I love about the stories are how many people stay in their home after this scary stuff happens. I would be gone. Don't care if I had to sleep in a tent somewhere.lol

There have been studies indicating that "possessions" happen to those within severely religious families. Perhaps the "victim" of this event is not deeply religious but is affected by the atmosphere of religious fanaticsm. At the same time, the less religious or non-religious interpret the same experiences as paranormal but the events expressing the presence of a spirit does not "enter into them" as it seems to do with the more religious.

There was a little known writer in France (Claude d'Voire) who wrote that the things we fear most feed upon our fear and use that energy to make those worst fears come true.

I think he unintentionally described possessions and demons.

Personally, the only demons I believe in are living and doing the things that worsen the lives of humanity. I cannot accept the demons rising from hell or representing any evil force.

Jesus Christ is lord of all !   WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

788817[/snapback]

" WOW nope won't go there "

John 1 - The light of God shines in the darkness, but the darkness does not want the light.

They who are in darkness, hate the light lest their evil ways be brought to the light and

they be saved from that darkness.

Again, Just stating what's written in the Word.

Even Jesus said " Satan, it is written " you shall worship the Lord God only.

The word of God is the highest Power and authority.

Hmmm,..Maybe that's why He calls Himself the Most High God.

I don't know how you consider any of this extreme ?

Unfamiliar to you, yes, extreme,..no.

It appears you're just mad because all you can do is throw bad comments instead

of using knowledge, wisdom and humility in your posts.

Does this make you feel in some way...?

It actually makes you appear quite foolish.

Proverbs - Speak not in the self confident ears of a fool !

I believe i'm done here. no use arguing with those that only seek to attack.

sleepy.gif

788845[/snapback]

Again wow did my little post sound like I was mad, I was not mad,upset or even miffed. What you want to believe in fine with me, but when you come across as an extremist and try to push the word of God down my throat, I will call as I see it.

As far as me feeling superior because I do not feel the same way you do makes me wonder about your superiority complex. Are we not so sure anymore are we doubting ourselves, ask yourself.

Who is more foolish? the fool that leads or the fool that follows? You speak all the proverbs you want,and go knock on someone elses door.

788932[/snapback]

"If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit." grin2.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Thats what I was looking for. You chrisitians think that everyone else's religion is bogus except yours. Such ARROGANCE. Most of the world would be going to hell considering that two thrids of the population of the earth is not Christian.

788781[/snapback]

i hate to tell you this but uhhh the whole thing about christian faith is that it envolves umm uh little thing called FAITH, faith that we wil go to heaven or hell and that there is only one god so how could we beleive that other people are right too

not arrogance just logic, you should really try it

793527[/snapback]

793527[/snapback]

first of all we belive that there are only 2 kinds of spirits if you even wanna call em that. Demonic (demons) and Angelic (angels) angels usually only come in a time of need or something as such as that unless you belive in guardian angels and demons moreso come to places as such to christians because satan hasnt won theyre soul and he wants to take whomever he can to hell with him and weaken theyre faith in believing that god protects them, or that its gods fault because he hasnt stopped them for tormenting them when its really just a test of faith but theyre are many different ways that demons try to torment christians and come at them anyway they can usually not so much as demonic activity in houses and around them but it does happen more often than people think and the only other reson demons come around wich as i said before is usually the spirits people see (if its a negative feeling when you belive you are with spirits otherwise its angels) then people usually invite them around such as satanist because of course they believe in demons and satan, or just people that wanna try to play with something they shouldnt, like witchcraft wich to christians is basicly inviting demons around you....

and also demon possesion is very real but yeah alotta preachers are fakes, especialy some on tv, theres almost as many "fake" people of god and preachers and much as there are "true" christians and preachers. like the guy from india or were ever hes from, alotta christians knmow this, that hes in it for attention in order to get money, people have died after he supposedly had "cured" them.

• 2 weeks later...

It is an interesting fact that there is virtually no mention of demons possessing people in the Old Testament, the scripture Jesus himself endorsed as "authentic". The demons of the New Testament are part of Pagan Greek mythology, which proliferated through Judea after the conquest of those lands by Alexander the Great. And it is no coincidence that most of Jesus early followers were Pagan Greeks, this is why there is also a fiery Greek Hades in the New Testament that isn't in the Old. Jesus cured many sick people during his ministry, including those with mental illness. So when Jesus cured these people, his ignorant pagan followers assumed he was "driving demons out of them". It is unfortunate that here in the 21st century, these ignorant pagan myths are still perpetuated by supposed "christians". And when some christian mother drowns all her kids because she has been terrified by these Christian fairy tales, lets hope we have some "heavenly retribution" in store for these idiots who perpetuate this mythology.

I posted a similar response somewhere else, can't remember where though.

Anyway, I was once in the presence of someone posessed so.  They were screaming (and when I say scream, it was unnatural; not human).  Three Christians were praying for the spirit to leave her body.

After the event, this girl was a totally different person.  Not prone to violence, or outburst of rage, like I knew her before, but calm, generous, caring.

So yeah, I believe that evil spirits can possess people.  But i also believe it takes more than just chanting Jesus' name to exorcise them.  It takes true faith in our Lord and saviour for this to happen.  If one does not believe, then one cannot call on Jesus' name.

683859[/snapback]

i agree with u PA. u have to believe in him to call on jesus. im catholic/ christian. i should know. i go to church every sunday.

Warding away demons? Hmm... Not too hard... Demons may scare some, but to me they are nothing to fear... Even lucifer himself does not make me cower...

For if I am in the hands of God, who should I fear?

Jesus gave me and everyone more then just salvation, he also left us some of his power through his name... The phrase "In the name of Jesus Christ" has more power then most would believe...

There have been times I honestly believe I was being attacked by a demon, or something... It did frighten me, but I held strong to my beliefs and I spoke aloud, "Go away you are not welcome here in the name of Jesus Christ". Almost immediately it was gone.

God is on our side, believe it or not... We can turn to him...

Just my humble opinion...

LBD

793363[/snapback]

so true, so very true. but who is this lucifer guy you are talking about lightbeyondthedark?