Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Saru

Host Changeover Notice

Saru

Unexplained Mysteries will be switching web hosts in the very near future - I have registered an account with what is regarded to be a highly reputable web host, which offers everything that I need as well as an excellent customer support service.

There will however he some forum downtime, mainly due to the time it takes for all ISP's to update their domain name servers. This may take only a few hours for some, and possibly a day or more for others, it all depends on how fast your internet service provider updates the DNS servers.

The whole process should begin today or tomorrow, but it will take at least 12 hours before there will be any forum downtime. Once the domain details have updated on my ISP ( which is usually very quick ), I will transfer the forum database across and post a note to say whats happening. You should all have full access to the site hosted on the new server within a day or two.

During this time, you will still have access to the rest of the site, it's only the forum and front page news that won't work until everything's moved across.

Please let me know if you have any queries/concerns - I'll be happy to answer any questions raised in regards to the changeover.

Saru

Most of the site has now been set up on the new host, so I'm about to change the domain name settings to point to the new server.

There will probably be no change until tomorrow, however remember that not all ISP's update their domain name servers at the same time, so some of you may have to wait slightly longer than others before you are directed to the correct site location.

Bizarro

good luck with this one, Saruman wink.gif

Saru

Thanks ds, lets hope it goes better than last time.

original.gif