Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush thinks no WMD's are funny!

turbonium

You wanna talk about people who shouldn't be allowed to vote...tongue.gif

Apparantly, there was a study done in the US recently, where people were asked to sign a petition to "end women's sufferage."

Apparantly, a whole lot of women signed it, because they had no idea what sufferage meant blink.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• turbonium

• Seraphina

• SnakeProphet

• Kismit

How about a song about following a lying buffoon President?

"We guard the American border"

"We guard the American dream"

-Wag The Dog

and "Old Shoe" is great too! laugh.gif

Seraphina Posted Today, 02:20 AM

The difference between your country and mine, Mr twpdyp, is that the the governing body of the US actually effects the life of everyone on the planet. The blunders of Bush create ripples through the entire western world....if having an idiot in the white house effected only Americans, I might actually care about your song.

So what you are saying is that your government has little effect on the world. Ok so it is the United States alone that creates these ripples. In addition 51% of the voting public in the United States is wrong and you and the other 49% are correct. Interesting but not valid. Majority rules in this country 51% beats 49%. Now the position you take by saying that the United States has an idiot in the White House has its foundation in what facts. How did you feel about former President William Jefferson Clinton, and the ripples he created? I have a great idea Seraphina the next election I will consult with you prior to casting my vote that way I am sure to vote for someone who will not make ripples through the entire western world. 51% of the voting population voted for President Bush and that is a fact. While you may not agree with us idiots you will in fact have to endure President Bush and his ripples until 2008. I do wish that the 2 term limit had not been put into the constitution for if it had not you would have heard me yelling Bush in 2008.

You wanna talk about people who shouldn't be allowed to vote...tongue.gif

Apparantly, there was a study done in the US recently, where people were asked to sign a petition to "end women's sufferage."

Apparantly, a whole lot of women signed it, because they had no idea what sufferage meant blink.gif

689326[/snapback]

They did that on "The Man Show" with Jimmy Kimmel about three years ago and it was funny as hell.

Here is a link to a real petiton on the subject from petitions.com wich has hosted such important issues as "stop Ashlee Simpson now" and "no more boobs during the super-bowl".clicky

Edited by girty1600

How about a post from a soldier who did two tours in Iraq....me.

Branch, Rank, Unit, Number, and whether you were fighter or recon, please.

I didn't watch the video - I don't need to. Someone mentioned dead soldiers on there and I've seen more death than most should.

Once again...

Besides the fact that we did find wmd's in Iraq

What weapons? All I heard was that you found some old MIG 25 jets, a few Stinger missle shells in bunkers and some leftover Gas Cans from the 1980's. If those constitute as WMDs to you, then I would advise you to put the Tom Clancy down. Might help to quit playing MSG on your Playstation, as well.

Show me pics, explain to me what they are and what they do. Then explain to me why Bush himself said he doesn't believe they'll be found recently.

(though the media has manipulated that, by wmd they mean 'nuclear weapon,' since chemical weapons aren't dramatic enough)

Um, Earth to you- Bush and his whole admin were on the news talking about all three kinds of WMD all over the news... Sarin Gas, Tech Vehicle Weapons, Ocean Range Missles, and trained troops were all popular buttons. But thank you for reminding me of those people who watched Sum of all Fears and made a scare tatic out of that... such a good book, too- too good to be a Ben Affleck movie.

would like to point out to some of the armchair generals in the U.S., and the haters overseas - our country was attacked, and it's something you seem to have forgotten.

Our country was attacked by the TALIBAN, a radical group from AFGHANISTAN led by OSAMA BIN LADEN. Bush pulled roughly 85% of the troops looking for Osama out of their positions so that they could go after SADDAM HUSSEIN, a leader in IRAQ who has not been proven to have been involved in 9/11 and whom Bush has yet to validate going after. Not to mention that, for every time Bush has presented a case on Osama, he presented 109 cases for attacks on Iraq.

If anyone's forgotten that we were attacked, it's Bush.

If you think American foriegn policy is to rape women and put a McDonald's on every street corner, you have been lied to by your local dictator

Yeah- They're so brainwashed into believing those lies... the US never rapes anyone, they just sodomize prisoners with broom handles and send pictures of them doing it out all proud of themselves. Other than that, the only thing we do is parade around snuff photos of the sons of an enemy we haven't validated going after yet. And show off a lot of footage of us blowing up churches, schools and historical landmarks without showing any confrontational combat. I'm sure they're misinterpreting that...

Do you know what America is? A scapegoat. An excuse for the suffering of others (this was before the war in raq, which has unforunatly become a reality). It's easy for them to blame us for their problems, because we are sucessful, and because we are a symbol for what they despise - freedom.

Thank you for showing me the real reason people hate America- since you're one of the people who don't know, allow me to explain:

America has a bad habit of just storming into other countries and giving the problem a "Texan Solution"(shoot first, ask later). Then they mock their culture, look down their nose at the people who didn't want(or ask) for their help, manipulate US puppets to lead their "rebirth", then take a large portion of the country's import before they leave. Cuba, Korea, Tibet, Syria, Kuwait and Iraq can all apply. However, if a country does need help and asks the US for it, we sit on our asses and whatever help we send(if any) is a joke- England, India, Indonesia, Columbia... we blow them off. It's not our problem because we're already getting what we want from them- or they have nothing we want.

And to add insult to injury, we got all these braindead rednecks badmouthing the rest of the world and leaving out that for every "Dumb American" joke, Americans have made hundreds of slurs against the rest of the world. Think of every American slur you know, and compare it to the slangs WE made against Germans, French, British, Hindu, Buddhist, Mexican/South American, Asian, Canada, Austrailia, etc.

You know the bad friend you had in school who you eventually noticed he was a two-faced ass? That's what America's being to the rest of the world. The sooner we realize this, the sooner it stops.

I'm not defending Bush, but he's better than the womanizing ass in office before him, who many forget downsized the military, causing massive intelligent lapses.

WRONG! If you'll pull your lips off Sean Hannity's ass and check the dates, you'd realize that all this happened between 1986 and 1991... wasn't Shrub Senior VP for the first half of that, and POTUS the second? Hmmm...

I seem to remember a first attack on the WTC, an attack on the USS Cole, and various attacks on embassies, which all had links to Bin Ladin, and Clinton did nothing.

Clinton tried several times to issue millitary police action against Osama, as well as other members of the Bin Laden family. He was blocked by Congress when he proposed it. All he could do is the pitifully lame last resort of telling the CIA and FBI to make Osama into a priority manhunt, which is about as desirable a resort as watching Barney.

Why aren't more people talking badly about the Muslim Extremists throughout the world, who kill innocent people daily?

Same reason no one talks about Marylin Manson anymore- because it's old hat. They just want attention, and we finally figured out to not give them what they want- at least, we did until the news and Bush both saw terrorism scare tatics as a goldmine for ratings and PR points.

Islam's been at war with itself and other middle eastern religions for thousands of years. In the past 20 years alone, we've had Kadaffi, Omar, the Bin Ladens, Saddam Hussein and his sons, Alyman Al-Zawahari, the last three leaders of Pakistan and so forth. The saddest part is that they're just barely beginning to make progress on achieving a lasting peace.

So where are those famed weapons of mass destruction?

He used them all up on the Kurds, the Iranians, the Kuwaitis, the Shiits... did I miss someone? The lunatic should have been gotten rid of back in the 80's when he gassed the Kurds and still had some WMD left, but back then he was everyone's sweetheart, including the two superpowers of the time and they prefered to help and watch him use them without any shame, and now; all of a sudden, people wage wars because of weapons that don't exist anymore! ohmy.gif

How about a post from a soldier who did two tours in Iraq....me.

I didn't watch the video - I don't need to.  Someone mentioned dead soldiers on there and I've seen more death than most should.

Besides the fact that we did find wmd's in Iraq (though the media has manipulated that, by wmd they mean 'nuclear weapon,' since chemical weapons aren't dramatic enough)

689168[/snapback]

The video shows death juxtaposed with the Bush "comedy" slideshow of "Can't Find Those Darned WMD's". It's no comedy, my friend. It's a disgraceful display by Bush. I'd like to wipe that smirk off his face. It's more disgusting than his Flight Suit PR sham.

WMD's found?? Where? There are five classes of WMD's defined in the Biological Weapons and Terrorism Act: biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical and explosive.

Whether it is or isn't a "reportable, dramatic" WMD is a red herring. The Bush and Blair Gov'ts would he shouting from the rooftops if there were WMD's found!!

689224[/snapback]

All I can show to back up my claims are photos. Why the media ignored this is beyond me, there is more than enough evidence that there are WMD's.

user posted image

This photo is from a site near Fallujah.

+ You want my name, rank, and serial? That is a joke, right?

And also First of Two, I agree with some of your responses, but you didn't have to insult me - I consider myself to be quite well-travelled and experienced when it comes to foriegn policy. And I'm not talking about some politicians, I'm talking about us interacting with the people. It also makes me sad that the actions of a few morons lead to the stereotype that American soldiers treat the locals poorly - my unit always went out of it's way to learn about the customs and courtesies of the host nation, to treat the locals with respect.

Edited by hechtal

This photo is from a site near Fallujah.

If you look up the word proof in a dictionairy you will find that photo next to it.....

Edited by Snake_6024

Ok, what am I looking for on the picture? I fail to see any proof in that pic. For all I know, "DMS Chemical" is a pesticide packaging building that some vandals scrawled that by one of the entrances...

You want my name, rank, and serial? That is a joke, right?

Nope... I've had so many Bush supporters lie about having been in Iraq online that I want to know their cred when they say it now, or I can't believe that they're not just another Bush supporter who's trying to say they're in the war, and they've seen proof that the media refuses to show us.

And also First of Two, I agree with some of your responses, but you didn't have to insult me - I consider myself to be quite well-travelled and experienced when it comes to foriegn policy.

I'm not trying to insult you, but in case you missed it on the first post, I'm a severe cynic that could rival Dennis Leary- sometimes I go too far. I'm also a severe skeptic- I want people to elaborate on things like this. When you say you're millitary Iraq, I want your Branch, Rank and Unit. When you say you're travelled in foreign policy, I want elaboration. I'm a b**** that way.

I'm not talking about some politicians, I'm talking about us interacting with the people. It also makes me sad that the actions of a few morons lead to the stereotype that American soldiers treat the locals poorly - my unit always went out of it's way to learn about the customs and courtesies of the host nation, to treat the locals with respect.

Good for your unit- but the fact remains that "a few morons" is putting it lightly. And that the good people who are honestly trying to help and understand them don't realize that a large percent of the millitary is propagated to see it as "us and them", and that to not "get too chummy" with the locals who aren't enemy.

To further the problem, how many Americans are swayed to believe in the "great enemy"? How many people hated Russia for years because of Cold War propoganda? Cubans? Columbians? Then how many of them join the millitary with these pre-concieved biases?

Think about that...

The difference between your country and mine, Mr twpdyp, is that the the governing body of the US actually effects the life of everyone on the planet. The blunders of Bush create ripples through the entire western world....if having an idiot in the white house effected only Americans, I might actually care about your song.

So what you are saying is that your government has little effect on the world. Ok so it is the United States alone that creates these ripples. In addition 51% of the voting public in the United States is wrong and you and the other 49% are correct. Interesting but not valid. Majority rules in this country 51% beats 49%. Now the position you take by saying that the United States has an idiot in the White House has its foundation in what facts. How did you feel about former President William Jefferson Clinton, and the ripples he created? I have a great idea Seraphina the next election I will consult with you prior to casting my vote that way I am sure to vote for someone who will not make ripples through the entire western world. 51% of the voting population voted for President Bush and that is a fact. While you may not agree with us idiots you will in fact have to endure President Bush and his ripples until 2008. I do wish that the 2 term limit had not been put into the constitution for if it had not you would have heard me yelling Bush in 2008.

689332[/snapback]

BRAVO.. JUST BRAVO!!!!

There is nothing I could add to this twpdyp... Simply brilliantly put!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

How did you feel about former President William Jefferson Clinton, and the ripples he created?

I felt sorry for his family...

George Bush however has inspired me to feel sorry for a lot more families.

In addition 51% of the voting public in the United States is wrong and you and the other 49% are correct
Ahhh....51% of the people who actually voted.

I do wish that the 2 term limit had not been put into the constitution for if it had not you would have heard me yelling Bush in 2008.

I worry, who will clean George's mess?

Oh and yes, that's a great job the Kiwi S.A.S. troops are doing for George in Afgahnistan don't you think? or is that not big news in the States?

689332[/snapback]

BRAVO.. JUST BRAVO!!!!

There is nothing I could add to this twpdyp... Simply brilliantly put!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

690508[/snapback]

LMFAO!! w00t.gif Brilliantly put false info and propaganda!! 51%!!! Even BUSH doesn't believe that number! rolleyes.gif Not even with his little helpers at Diebold cooking the numbers!

But really, who wouldn't want Shrub as US Emperor For Life?!?! thumbsup.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifrofl.giflaugh.gif

In addition 51% of the voting public in the United States is wrong and you and the other 49% are correct

Well-said.

I hate how Bush supporters make it sound like 100% of the country voted, and Bush took 51% of that. Not everyone can vote, not everyone who could wanted to.

Also, do the voting machines in any way ring a bell? Bush lost quite a few states that the tally says he won. People in Texas, California, Arizona, Wisconsin and Tennessee protested the "glitch", and I can't help but laugh. With five states saying that an "error"(notice I'm saying error to be nice, but emphasizing the words) was putting one in every, what- between 20% and 33% of Kerry votes down as a vote for Bush, and he still only won by 2%?

You can't tell me that's not funny!

I'll tell you this right now, before we get on track- It's Governor Bush. There ain't a torture in hell that could make me call him the President.

P.S.- I heard recently that Bush has made both official lists of 10 worst world leaders in recorded history- both the list for most incompitent and the list for the most monstrous. Anyone care to help me find it posted online to see?

Edited by First of Two

That is what I said, if you did not have the gumption to get up and vote then you have no right to complain. Of the folks who had the gumption to get up off of the sofa and actually vote 51% voted for George W. Bush. Facts are facts. Why does the minority always seem to think that just because they are vocal that they are right. We are not discussing right or wrong we are discussing who won the election. How many terrorist attacks occurred under the Clinton administration? World Trade Center parking garage, Marine Barracks, the USS Cole ETC ETC.....

Clinton made a few speeches and rattled his sabre but did nothing. Like it or not President Bush went well past just rattling his sabre, he pulled it out of the scabbard and used it. Was he right or wrong only time will tell. At least he did something. He made a stand, drew the line in the sand and defended it.

Edited by twpdyp

I hate how Bush supporters make it sound like 100% of the country voted, and Bush took 51% of that. Not everyone can vote, not everyone who could wanted to

Not everyone who could wanted to. What a hypocritical statement!!!!!!Then those who could and didn't have absolutely no rights to complain. Read my signature, "you must play the hand you are dealt and if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently" If you could have voted and choose not to then you must remain silent. If Senator Kerry had the least bit of evidence of vote fraud don't you think he would have used that information.

P.S.- I heard recently that Bush has made both official lists of 10 worst world leaders in recorded history- both the list for most incompitent and the list for the most monstrous. Anyone care to help me find it posted online to see?

"Official lists" wow well then I retract everything I have ever written in support of President Bush and bow to your greater intellect. What official lists? Ohhhh you mean an opinion poll. Most likely an opinion poll taken on some college campus where it is known that the majority are of the liberal persuasion. Listen you can scream vote fraud, and Diebold complicity all you want but the truth is that if the Democrats or Senator Kerry or Senator Edwards had the littlest tidbit of information about vote fraud or vote rigging they would have been screaming at the top of their liberal lungs.

LOL! From your first link is this....(red text added for my amusement!) laugh.gif

Bush himself later was quoted directly by the Dallas Morning News as admitting he missed some weekend drills while in Alabama, but saying he made them up afterward "You betcha, no lie sir. I didn't really do all those drills. I made it all up afterwards!" thumbsup.gif :

"I was there on a temporary assignment and fulfilled my weekends at one period of time," he said. "I made up some missed weekends." "All in one weekend!" wink2.gif

"I can't remember what I did "I was heavy boozin' back then, so It's all one big blur!" w00t.gif , but I wasn't flying because they didn't have the same airplanes. "I only knew how to fly them, uh, what're they called, um... Stimulated Flight Planes " I fulfilled my obligations." "Yessur, I did! I remember spending plenty enough time doing whatever that I don't remember doing...done did!" laugh.gif

Records are lacking for that period "Nothing that would increment, er incinerate me, I can assure you!" innocent.gif . However, The Associated Press quoted two friends who worked with Bush in the Blount campaign as saying they recall him attending Air National Guard drills in Alabama blink.gif . Joe Holcombe, described as a former Republican county chairman in Alabama, was quoted as saying, "It was pretty well-known that he was in the Guard while we worked on the campaign.""I mean, we heard he was around here somewhere" And Emily Marks, who said she had dated Bush during the campaign, was quoted saying, "He told us that he was having to do his Guard duty in Alabama while he worked on the campaign."By 'us', I mean he had to tell everybody, 'cause none of us ever seen him around here!" thumbsup.giflaugh.gif " (Note: The AP originally gave the woman's name as Emily Martin, but later corrected that to Emily Marks.)

Bush returned to Houston after the campaign, but never resumed flying. He spent 36 days on duty back in Houston in May, June and July of 1973, the Globe reported. Spokesman Bartlett told FactCheck.org that Bush made up for weekend drills he was too busy to attend in Alabama. "The bottom line is he met his minimum requirments for that year,"And we have proof - look at all the meticulously kept records, and you've heard countless eyewitnesses who saw him around all the time.... well, so they were told he was around from other people, anyway" Bartlett said. grin2.gif

Bush requested and was granted special permission to end his six-year hitch eight months early. He was released in October 1973 to to allow him to attend Harvard Business School."My poppy really turned in some favors on that one - I mean, he got me out of going into a real war, like I heard they had going on in Vietnam or Canada somewhere. I booked out of all my duties, so then he had his pals "misplace" my records. And THEN, I got out with a honorababable discharge!!" rolleyes.gifw00t.gif

Edited by turbonium

I prefer to use whole quotes from the sites.

Bathory, I understand your frustration. It is a fight you have argued intelligently for a long time...

here are the quotes from the first link I preffered...

But the Globe said Bush “began to disappear from the Guard’s radar screen” with two years still to run on his six-year commitment, giving up flying for good in 1972. Bush moved from Houston to Alabama in May of 1972 to take part in the unsuccessful Senate campaign of Republican Winton Blount. Bush was supposed to report for duty at the 187th Tactical Recon Group in Montgomery Alabama. But the unit’s commander at the time, retired Gen. William Turnipseed, was quoted by several news organizations as saying he had no recollection of Bush showing up. "I had been in Texas, done my flight training there. If we had had a first lieutenant from Texas, I would have remembered," the Globe quoted him saying.

It's time to set the record straight . . . . *Bush may have received favorable treatment to get into the Guard, served irregularly after the spring of 1972 and got an expedited discharge, but he did accumulate the days of service required of him for his ultimate honorable discharge.

Quotes taken in full, make what you want of them.

Of course the topic here is that George Bush found the whole, Oops, no WMD's thing, funny. When in truth there is no humor in War or the death of Soldiers and civilians.

*After graduating from Yale in 1968, Bush escaped conscription and possible combat duty in the then-raging Vietnam War by getting into the Texas Air National Guard.

It may not be true that he was a deserter but it's hardly accurate to claim he was a loyal and patriotic soldier. In my own opinion it almost looks as though many strings where pulled by Goerge's friends and or family, to get him out of combat in a time when conscription was unavoidable.

Many people have argued that connections are more important than knowledge and ability when it comes to becoming a political party member, and it appears that there is evidence everywhere that George is well conected.

If oil and energy cartels got Bush in, and they have manipulated the courts and congress then what chance is there short of a revolution to get checks and balances back in the system?

"Official lists" wow well then I retract everything I have ever written in support of President Bush and bow to your greater intellect. What official lists? Ohhhh you mean an opinion poll. Most likely an opinion poll taken on some college campus where it is known that the majority are of the liberal persuasion. Listen you can scream vote fraud, and Diebold complicity all you want but the truth is that if the Democrats or Senator Kerry or Senator Edwards had the littlest tidbit of information about vote fraud or vote rigging they would have been screaming at the top of their liberal lungs.

I love it when I strike a nerve grin2.gif . especially when it's like this.

Let's elaborate:

I heard that there's an officially compiled list of the worst world leaders in history, living or dead. This is rated by compitency, monstrousity, how much the people approve of them in retrospect, bla bla bla... I'm wondering about if Bush's name is really on there, and suddenly, it's been taken by Democrats on a college campus and it's nothing but a smear tatic. Don't bow to my logic, I'll bow to yours- at least until Wapner hmm.gif .

Should this list exist(I'll emphasize IF for you, definitely, definitely IF), then I would like to see it. Nothing more. But, if you feel the need to get totally butt-hurt at the concept that George W. Bush could appear between Machaveilli and Stalin, then allow me to point and laugh at you, because the only time I laughed as hard as I did at this little temper tantrum of yours was at Dennis Leary's Lock and Load album (pictures someone trying to p*** me off saying Dennis Leary sucks now).

-OR-

If the mere concept of Bush being placed on a list of bad world leaders -by compitence or by motives- drives you that nuts then perhaps you should refrain from participating in any conversation involving him, because you're obviously too biased. Every post you've put has been "Bush can do no wrong because Clinton did nothing but wrong and all Bush can do is fix the mess". That's not facts, nor is it relevant opinion- it's propoganda.

Bottom line:

Bush made a lot of mistakes, some of these mistakes caused a lot of damage. He never fessed up to any of them, and a lot of people wonder whether or not he even won either of his elections legitamtely. Regardless of how the rest of his second term finishes, this is how many people -even a good deal of his own supporters- percieve him at this point. There is no liberal plot against George W. Bush- live with it.

What are you 10? What temper tantrum are you refering to?

After graduating from Yale in 1968, Bush escaped conscription and possible combat duty in the then-raging Vietnam War by getting into the Texas Air National Guard.

the thing is though, the unit he joined had people fighting in Vietnam, there was the possibility of his unit getting shipped out.

LOL! From your first link is this....(red text added for my amusement!)

thanks for your carefully constructed, logical and well thought rebuttle rolleyes.gif

Edited by bathory

the thing is though, the unit he joined had people fighting in Vietnam, there was the possibility of his unit getting shipped out.

Yes, could have. But in all likely hood the men further down the politcal pecking order would have been sent first. He was shown preferential treatment according to the two links provided, Why do you think this was? Was it what he knew , who he knew or who he was related to?

I have allways stood by the arguement that allthough George and perhaps Cheney have never appeared to make money out of buisness deals brought about via the Iraquie war, they have most certainly lined the pockets of people who where once known to them. Wether or not these people were/are friends or associates, is of course un-provable, but there is most certainly a greasy hand shake culture amongst all politicians.

Also I'm not a huge fan of Micheal Moore, I found 9/11 to be over dramatised and re-re-re edit out of time context for pure sensationalism. I just work with what I see, so I'm prepared to be wrong on occasion.

After graduating from Yale in 1968, Bush escaped conscription and possible combat duty in the then-raging Vietnam War by getting into the Texas Air National Guard.

LOL! From your first link is this....(red text added for my amusement!)

thanks for your carefully constructed, logical and well thought rebuttle rolleyes.gif

691541[/snapback]

OMG! His unit MIGHT have been shipped out!! Bush would then have gone to.......gone to.....poppy, and "a deal would have been worked out". Bush "could" have gone to Vietnam? Get serious - who are you trying to fool except yourself?rolleyes.gif

(Rebuttle?)

You mean a "rebuttal", I assume - and you are 100% correct, it takes no thought whatsoever to parody Shrub - I had fun doing it, so if you are unimpressed leaves me really without giving two lumps! thumbsup.giflaugh.gif

Edited by turbonium

Actually turbonium, I'm sure that had it gotten seriuos enough, George would have been shipped out.

However, he was certainly in a postion of priveledge for what ever reason that may have been.