Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Religion

Boris the Spider

I am suggesting this with all honesty and sincerity.

We need a new religion.

Lets take all the new ideas about spirituality that we have learned recently, look at it logically and then write a book that is a guide for people to follow. It should contain wisdom and advice on all of modern lifes concerns.

It cannot condemn anyone for being different.

It cannot condemn anyone for their sexual preference.

It cannot be taught that people will go to hell if they don't follow it.

What to do with the Bible? Lock it up in a vault deep in the ground. Why? Because it is dangerous, it has caused confusion and conflict between humans so it must be taken away.

IMHO of course.

I now will hold my chin up and tense my muscles in preperation for the rebuttal. sad.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GodsMessenger

• TaintedDoughnuts

• Boris the Spider

• Sherapy

People need boundaries with religion, and without limits, what you have described isn't a religion. It's just being happy and secure with who you are. If you go to any bookstore, you will find books filled with "self-help" on accepting who and what you are, and how to live that life to the fullest.

Yup have to agree - unless you were going to call the religion Chaos lmao.

I think no one needs religion - we just need to believe in ourselves, do our best with what we have and avoid doing harm to others - and that will work. grin2.gif

But if you want a person to sit at the head of the religion and rake in the cash - I could do the job!!! w00t.gif

I saw a special on the Discovery Channel on Star Wars, and George Lucas said that he based the whole Jedi and the force things on a mixture of all religions. Maybe we could follow that? geek.gif

Check out The Conversation with God Books by Neale Donald Walsch they are aboiit that exactly, not that we should stop there, Great Idea, All the best to you. thumbsup.gif

I saw a special on the Discovery Channel on Star Wars, and George Lucas said that he based the whole Jedi and the force things on a mixture of all religions. Maybe we could follow that? geek.gif

687231[/snapback]

I want to be a Jedi Knight. thumbsup.gif

Edited by BFG

We need a new religion.

Lets take all the new ideas about spirituality that we have learned recently, look at it logically and then write a book that is a guide for people to follow. It should contain wisdom and advice on all of modern lifes concerns.

What to do with the Bible?  Lock it up in a vault deep in the ground. Why? Because it is dangerous, it has caused confusion and conflict between humans so it must be taken away.

IMHO of course.

I now will hold my chin up and tense my muscles in preperation for the rebuttal. sad.gif

687204[/snapback]

If only we could all happily conform to the "Right" religion, huh? Well, Christianity does the same thing; converts and saves. It could be Satanists doing it, it could be Hindus doing it, either way its the same.

It shouldn't really matter to you too much what others think, because there is no way to make everyone in the world agree and conform. Simply study philosophy and religions, learn a bit from each, and move on. Eventually you'll know so much that you can take an accurate stance without having bias.

We don't need a new religion, but people need to learn about religion. So many are uneducated and biased that it is there demise. A belief system I am currently learning about and find very interesting is Kabbalah. You may not like it, but it teaches about how the world works, how to get answers, etc. Very intersting. thumbsup.gif

I agree with Lila... its not about what religion you follow, because even athiests can be some of the best people. Its about treating others with the same dignity and respect as you would have them treat you. Sound familiar? Wonder why its the cornerstone to every religion? They all borrow them from Philosophy... as long as we respect each other, we WILL have a peaceful world. Its this stinking little bug called Intolerance that seems to have infected every religion, large or small world wide and is causing all the problems.

Yea we do need something akin to a new religon or classification.

Neale Donald Walsch has done a great job starting this as have individuals like Gregg Braden, Don Miguel Ruiz, Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, Graham Hancock, Robert Bavaul and many other author's. Its a new movement where there is tollerence for all people from different walks of life. Where spirituallity is greatly valued and no specific religon is followed, or a set of rules has been set. Its ideologies are loosely based on gnosticism, humanism, buddahism, hinduism, egyptian religon according to the hermetica, and also many other ancient and modern sources.

Its really as if a new universal paradigm in spirituality is being formed. What should we name ourselves is something I have thought over alot. But alas I cant think of anything. It would seem a great injustice to label this new spiritual paradigm. Its as if you were trying to put it in a box, and thats exactly what were trying to avoid. There will always be variation in thoughts and ideologies among the people of this new paradigm and thats what's so unique about this new spirituality. Thought and knowledge should be allowed to flow freely, and to constantly evolve. This new spirituality is not static but undergoing constant metamorphosis. It is a dynamic spirituality which matches are wonderful dynamic universe. w00t.gif

Bravo!!!! well said, take a bow!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

w00t.gif

Great!! Thanks to all for such insight. I am now thinking we are finally making positive progress toward a different society after all. Too bad it has to be so slow eh?

Respectfully,

Boris thumbsup.gif

Why make another one? We already have enough religions! I'll stay Christian though, thank you original.gif Anyways, if you think you can start a religion, be our guest! Make your own holy book! (but name one sub book in it Cornelius, ok? grin2.gif ) I'm sure you'll get a couple thousand followers if you make a website and go international.

P.S. Sorry if I sound sarcastic. I didn't mean to be. original.gif

Like Tainted, I'll remain Christian.

That aside, I thought I'd comment on this thread. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not dissing the idea, just commenting, k. The paradox with this is that when one classifies this as a new "religion" it becomes fundamentally the same as every other religion around, ie. set of doctrines, laws and beliefs, even if the doctrine is simply "there is no set doctrine". Even a loose society or gathering will eventually have to register itself as an organisation/business, or risk breaking the law of the land, thus leading to a set of beliefs again.

The only way which you can keep this from becoming like all other religions then is by keeping it solely in the heart of the individual (what some may consider to be Faith). And in today's society of tolerance and multiculturalism, isn't that what we're moving towards anyway?

All the best,

We need a new religion.

What to do with the Bible?  Lock it up in a vault deep in the ground. Why? Because it is dangerous, it has caused confusion and conflict between humans so it must be taken away.

IMHO of course.

687204[/snapback]

I found this looking up Christ Consciouness

http://www.plotinus.com/moral_code.htm

That was beautiful Godsmessenger, thankyou for taking the time to share that, Namaste Sheri Berri innocent.gif

Like Tainted, I'll remain Christian.

That aside, I thought I'd comment on this thread.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm not dissing the idea, just commenting, k.  The paradox with this is that when one classifies this as a new "religion" it becomes fundamentally the same as every other religion around, ie. set of doctrines, laws and beliefs, even if the doctrine is simply "there is no set doctrine".  Even a loose society or gathering will eventually have to register itself as an organisation/business, or risk breaking the law of the land, thus leading to a set of beliefs again.

The only way which you can keep this from becoming like all other religions then is by keeping it solely in the heart of the individual (what some may consider to be Faith).  And in today's society of tolerance and multiculturalism, isn't that what we're moving towards anyway?

All the best,

687800[/snapback]

But what is the difference between a religion and a... a... a... social club where people who share the same interests, ideas, philosophy get together and socialize and share with one another?

They key is finding those people who do share your common belief system. I think more and more people are becoming disenchanted with the mainstream standardized christian denominational creeds and doctrines. Christians do not necessarily have to be against homosexual marriages in order to be a christian. In fact the biggest criticsm of christianity is it's tendency to be judgemental of those who engage in activities they have deemed evil ungodly and unchristian.

The very thing Jesus told us to stay away from, judging others.

And what do you do when those who have decided to join your social club insist on doing the things which as a group you have decided are not the things you want within your social club.

If you have decreed that we must all be nice to one another and someone joins your club and starts insulting other members and doing unkind things, what do you do?

I agree with Lila... its not about what religion you follow, because even athiests can be some of the best people.  Its about treating others with the same dignity and respect as you would have them treat you.  Sound familiar?  Wonder why its the cornerstone to every religion? They all borrow them from Philosophy...  as long as we respect each other, we WILL have a peaceful world.  Its this stinking little bug called Intolerance that seems to have infected every religion, large or small world wide and is causing all the problems.

687352[/snapback]

That is because we all have our own opinion of what is good and what is evil. And when we see people doing what we think is evil, it brings in that "us vs them" division.

That is why Jesus said do not judge.

And that is why Jesus said forgive one another.

And that is why we need to be tolerant of those who we might consider one of "them". Jesus did not agree with prostitution or cheating people, but he also did not condemn or judge them. He loved them. He had dinner with them. He supported them and encouraged them to do the right thing, without casting judgement and condemnation upon them.

I found this looking up Christ Consciouness

http://www.plotinus.com/moral_code.htm

687905[/snapback]

That's pretty cool! if only everybody would act like that. hmm.gif

687913[/snapback]

I read your reply and thought to myself ... maybe that should read ...

"That's pretty cool! if only I could be like that. If only all of us could say if only "I" could be like that. That problem is so often we think when seeing someone doing what we think is wrong "if only THEY could be like that".

It is that judgementalness that so easily creeps in. Why can't THEY act right? Sigh.

Why can't "they" act the way "I" think they should? The judgementalness of religion and the judgementalness of people in general.

I didn't mean everybody as in everybody else, i meant as in all of us. sorry for that confusion. thumbsup.gif

I have read the Enneades all six of them. Took me a long time, but it was worth the read. Thanks GodsMessenger. That was a great site. I don't think we need another religion. We just need to let everyone follow their own Path.

I have read the Enneades all six of them.  Took me a long time, but it was worth the read.  Thanks GodsMessenger.  That was a great site.  I don't think we need another religion.  We just need to let everyone follow their own Path.

688931[/snapback]

I agree but ..... It would still be nice to be able to get together with people in your city who think the same way you do about these things. Obviously there are those even on this message board who do not appreciate the idea of god and his goodie goodie followers.

SO how do we identify ourselves to each other and find places where we can get together and engage in praise and worship of the spirit of love and joy and peace we feel?

Why do you need such places? Can't you commune with your god in private?

Can't you engage in spreading peace, without trying to convert others? Not that I am stating you do try to convert.

Isn't the purpose of religion to be loving and joyful to ALL, regardless of their own beliefs?

Or, is it acceptable to be loving, joyful, and peaceful ONLY to those who believe the same dogma and follow the same rituals as yourself?

Why do you need such places?  Can't you commune with your god in private?

Can't you engage in spreading peace, without trying to convert others?  Not that I am stating you do try to convert.

Isn't the purpose of religion to be loving and joyful to ALL, regardless of their own beliefs?

Or, is it acceptable to be loving, joyful, and peaceful ONLY to those who believe the same dogma and follow the same rituals as yourself?

689677[/snapback]

Religion is just a tool in explaining how things work. People being nice, accepting, and not wanting to put their religion first as the "Right" religion or not wanting to tell others their cause is an EXTREMELY rare byproduct. no.gif

Why do you need such places?  Can't you commune with your god in private?

Can't you engage in spreading peace, without trying to convert others?  Not that I am stating you do try to convert.

689677[/snapback]

Reread my message, what I was saying is I would like to gather with people with the same interests and beliefs. Like baseball fans do at a game, or trekkies, or scrabble players, or bridge players, in this case with people who share the same spiritual beliefs to talk and sing and maybe have dinner or a party with and basically have a good time. SO why should we not have a NAME that indicates what our interest is and a place where we can meet people with the same interests and the right to ADVERTISE so that people who share our interests know where we are so they can come and join us. And why cant we ask others to join us. I dont complain if someone asks me to come along to karaoke, or to play bridge or to go bowling with them.