Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why panic?

AlienSama

Why even bothering panicing? most people already have the assumption that UFOS are real. Thats what I don't get. The government is just afriad people would panic but in reality, people already know.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadyLady

• reese2

• Renegade

• Blood Angel

I agree to but people dont like change and it would take time for them to trust the goverment to keep us safe from something that maynot be a threat

Yes, they do control us ultimatly, because at any time they can pull the plug and cause poverty and death. But I will die before I ever submit to them or trust them.

I trust the Grays. alien.giforiginal.gif

Do you want the truth ... wink.gif

I believe in Aliens ... but if the leaders of great countries admit it ... I might get freaked scared.gif

Shady Lady, because the gov't has their hand in the pot of virtually everything, you really are submitting to them everyday, already, in various ways... wink.gif

I think you are right DJ, if the gov't was to actually admit something, I think that would scare me, just because then it turns from it being a possible imagination thing, into reality. That would be scary. unsure.gif

Reese

I think that I might have to disagree here. I don't think that most people believe that "UFO's" are extra-terrestrial in origin. Heck, in my office of ~30 people, I am the only one who is even willing to listen to other theories of "UFO's", and I am not even a die-hard believer! I believe that if these 30 people were confronted with the "facts" about "UFO's", there would be a great deal of panic, especially if these "facts" come from a authoritarian source (i.e. the government). So I can clearly understand that if "UFO's" are extra-terrestrial, the government (any government, not just USA) would want to keep a lid on this information. It would be in their best interests to keep their nations stabalized, and I tend to agree with them.

Until there is a Clear and Present danger to their citizens, I would expect no disclosure.

PH, I think you are right. I think that if people REALLY believed in extra terrestrials, then they would really freak out, it is a pretty heavy reality check. I think most people chalk UFO's up to being man made, after all, almost anything we imagine can be done...

Reese

• 2 weeks later...

True , I would not panic I think because I would be too busy being absolutely thrilled grin.gif . I don't know , you can't really know how you or others would react until it actually happens .

If the government ever admitted the existance of aliens from space, or that they have been using alien technology to advance our civilization I would be thrilled, but at the same time terrified. After all, the governments of the world do not tell us everything on anything, so it they adimitted it I beleive it would be because the world would be in jeopardy or something like that. I do beleive UFO's exist, I have seen them. The government will never tell anything they are not made to tell until and unless they have no other alternitive. That's one reason why you have to really look between the lines when they do tell you something. As far as UFO's are concerned, I think they beleive that if they keep denying the existance of them, and try to play it off that people will ignre or forget what has been seen. In the age of computers, internet, and technology that we have today this is increasingly difficult for them to do. Wonder how much longer the denial will go on?

i think thing is is with goverments especially the US goverment is that they simply do not wish to appear weak against "advanced alien species", if the population is told that there are spacecraft whizzing about in their air space with no way to stop them then it also leads the population to believe that anyone can just waltz in whenever they feel like it it also could put the country into a negatve standing with other countries, they simply do not wish to appear weak to another hostile country, although yes public hysteria is another aspect of it i think the military strength theory is more of a reason to hide the truth. ph34r.gif

here in america for all you britts, we got guns. lots of guns. gunsmilie.gif we should be able to hold them off (but in reality we'll be doing this all the time notworthy.gif ) wait, is the usa and america the same country? shoot, there goes our closest ally. disgust.gif

If your goverment uranium can't shoot down a few unknown flying objects, what makes you think that you and a group of mates can stave off a invasion with spud guns.... ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

I just have to say that i very much believe in aliens and that there is other life out there. We would be selfish not to with all the other stars and galaxies... I have one question for those that dont... Look around the world, we are the only beings that are able to think, reason etc. Why not cats or any other beings... It is proven that many of the animals and reptiles have been on this planet for many more years than us... Look at the crockadiles and alligators... They have been here since dino times and havent changed a bit... I do not believe that we evolved from apes into what we are today... I do not see how... Life evolves for reasons... What reason would an ape have to evolve to the point where they can reason and think? there is not a reason to evolve to that point... They have everything they need. I myself believe that we are alien to this planet. Look how we are using it up...

Damion - i disagree, all the animals you mentioned have evolved over time just like we have and it is well reseached how this all happened. Humankind evolved because it needed to survive. The evolution of the cat (for example) has taken place over the same period of time that the evolution of mankind has taken place. Some animals like the alligator haven't changed as radically as we have over time, but that is because they didn't need to, they had reach their peak quicker than we have and the circumstances didn't require them to evolve in such leaps to survive. What sets us apart from the other animals is imagination - not thought, as all animals think to various degrees.

Yes, PS is right. Evolution is a mechanism of the old axiom survival of the fittest. In that sense, this question...

What reason would an ape have to evolve to the point where they can reason and think?

...is moot. The point of evolution is evolution itself.

I myself believe that we are alien to this planet

If we are alien to this planet why do we just look so much like evolved apes? Why do we share so many of their characteristics ? Was this judiciousness on the part of the aliens ?

I presume that when you say...

Life evolves for reasons

...that you agree with the theory of evolution as a general concept...and if this is the case, I don't see how you can't apply it to humans; it makes perfect sense.