Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

was the site down today?

Bizarro

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin6th

• Saru

• Kira

• Bizarro

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope not at all it seems it affected most people I'm sure SaRuMaN will give you the techie version tomorrow or later today whistling.gif

Wow! It's good to be back!

I seriously thought it was my pc! whistling.gif

That is right KC ... I also thought it was my PC ... but thank God everything is back to normal ... It was a very boring day yesterday with out this website and you guys and galls on it rolleyes.gif

Yes, I have been away to for the last couple of days, and it's good to see everythings up and running, good timing wink.gifgrin2.gif

I also faced difficulties in reaching the forum yesterday...

Morevover I'm having problems in uploading a new avatar...

The whole site was effectively unreacheable for most of yesterday. Although the site itself was actually working perfectly, there was a domain name server routing problem, which prevented anyone from actually reaching the site via 'unexplained-mysteries.com'.

Fortunately the problem has now been resolved. original.gif

Ronin - make sure the avatar isn't too large, it has to be under 20k in size otherwise the forum won't allow you to upload it.

Well if it hadn't been for the chat I had with Celti yesterday, my computer would almost certainly be dead or at least severly maimed. grin2.gif

When you've made time to spend on the forum, then find you can't get there, it's like torture w00t.gif < me this morning laugh.gif

I checked this the files that I wanted to upload are under 20k...

It just says : "The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem "

Looks like the access permissions on the uploads directory were set wrong.

That should be it fixed now, have a go at uploading your avatar again and see if you still get the same error message.

It's ok Ronin, it's good thing you pointed this out because it would have prevented anyone from uploading any images to the forum until it was fixed.

It's not a big job anyway, only took me a few seconds to change the access permissions to what they should be.

original.gif

Halo wrote

Well if it hadn't been for the chat I had with Celti yesterday

Awww blush.gif well I'm inventing a new thing now, it's called : Celti's maling list if there is something wrong with the forum. Email addy's to me and I'll put you on the list... w00t.gifw00t.gif