Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Um...can ghosts kill you? Can Demons kill you to?

V for Vanity

Okay first of all, there is no such thing as demons. The whole concept of demonic spirits was established by religion to be used in their scare tactics. Modern day reports of demons are simply misinterpeted events of other paranormal activity.

Now to anwser your question. Yes spirits do have the ability to kill humans, and there is proof. First off, the Bell Witch.

The Bell Witch is a ghost that has been said to have taken up residence in an old house in Adams Tenesse. It supposedly haunted the house from 1817 to 1821. At the time the house was owned by John Bell, his wife, and his children. A female disemboided voice was reportedly heard regularly, and it was said that the voice constantly threathened John. In January of 1819, John Bell's eldest daughter was reportedly attacked by an invisible force that ripped out her hair and slapped her face. On Agust 12, 1821, John Bell's body was found on the floor of his study, his family claimed to have heard the witch bragging about how she killed him. Later, at Johns funeral, Laughing could be heard. The Bell Witch came back in 1828 to attack John's son, and again in 1935 to terrorize the house occupants. some say that she still haunts the house to this day.

Another report of a homicide caused by a spirit is the famous Amityville Horror. Which is a tale about how evil spirits in a house in Amityville, Long island new york caused a teen aged boy to murder his family members. However, there is a substantial amount of evidence that practically poves that the horror was an elabreate hoax.

Finally, in 1962 a woman baught a house in colorado despite the fact that is was supposedly haunted. She claimed that she did not belive in ghosts. Several days after she moved in, she was found dead in a puddle of human blood. The blood was not hers, and it is still unknown who's it is.

Just to add to that, No. 50 Berkley Square in London. That had reported people dying of fright in one particular room.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• SS79

• Barek Halfhand

• coldethyl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay first of all, there is no such thing as demons. The whole concept of demonic spirits was established by religion to be used in their scare tactics. Modern day reports of demons are simply misinterpeted events of other paranormal activity.

Now to anwser your question. Yes spirits do have the ability to kill humans, and there is proof. First off, the Bell Witch.

The Bell Witch is a ghost that has been said to have taken up residence in an old house in Adams Tenesse. It supposedly haunted the house from 1817 to 1821. At the time the house was owned by John Bell, his wife, and his children. A female disemboided voice was reportedly heard regularly, and it was said that the voice constantly threathened John. In January of 1819, John Bell's eldest daughter was reportedly attacked by an invisible force that ripped out her hair and slapped her face. On Agust 12, 1821, John Bell's body was found on the floor of his study, his family claimed to have heard the witch bragging about how she killed him. Later, at Johns funeral, Laughing could be heard. The Bell Witch came back in 1828 to attack John's son, and again in 1935 to terrorize the house occupants. some say that she still haunts the house to this day.

Another report of a homicide caused by a spirit is the famous Amityville Horror. Which is a tale about how evil spirits in a house in Amityville, Long island new york caused a teen aged boy to murder his family members. However, there is a substantial amount of evidence that practically poves that the horror was an elabreate hoax.

Finally, in 1962 a woman baught a house in colorado despite the fact that is was supposedly haunted. She claimed that she did not belive in ghosts. Several days after she moved in, she was found dead in a puddle of human blood. The blood was not hers, and it is still unknown who's it is.

as for demons i happen to agree . the bell witch on the other hand i note the fact you use the words reportedly .apparently. claimed to . maybe his own killed him and they claimed it was spmeone else as a cover up.. the use of all these words shows there isnt enough evidence to conclude the bell witch was nothing more than a story .

the woman in colarado could have been a homicide again there is no proof...

I'm gonna tell you soemthing which happened to me the other the day after reading these boards for a couple of hours .

Im a young female 27 with three kids no paranormal activity occurs in my house at all ever it doesnt need to . i am open to spirits and can communicate with them at times but i dont iuse this for anything else ie proffesionally.. but i have never had any negativity from them whatsoever .

however the other night after reading the boards and all about demons bla bla bla i was lay in bed and trying to go to sleep an image kept poopping into my head and if anyone knows about mediumship they will know that this is how spirits communicate through thought . so all of a sudden im getting flashes of things that frankly werent very nice so i m thinkin oh maybe ive invited these in . geez what if it is true what if they do exist and now i have opened myself up too them . then i THOUGHT oh my god i have let those people on the boards influence me into thinking of demons and with that these thoughts come from subconcious not any where else . i got up made myself a cuppa TOLD MYSEF TO STOP BEING SO SILLY AND THE FLASHES DISSAPEAED SIMPLE AS THAT .. IT SHOWS HOW EASILLY ONE CAN BE TURNED TO THINKING THEY EXIST AND THEN ONCE YOU THINK THEY DO THE THOUGHTS OF THEM STArT COMING THE FEAR INSIDE BUILDS AND EVENTUALLY THIS WILL TAKE CONTROL OF YOU (THE FEAR NOT THE DEMON) I STILL THINK ITS all subjective reality and until anyone who thinks it isnt can prove it to me i dont believe it and never will..

now if this can happen to me (who has neve rhad any bad experiences whatsoever regarding spirits) . after reading these boards for a while lets take a moment to consider the people who come here with questions like this such as miss pirate . She admits herself this question comes because she just watched a film. Yet now in her mind what she saw in that film can and does happen so now shes even more scared now becasue of the answers she has recieved here now you may all disagree but i as an adult feel i have a responsibility when it comes to posting to children under 18 . had we all answered her with the line its just a film dont believe what you see her thoughts may then have been oh its all a load of rubbish and she could have gone away believing this. maybe now however miss pirates going to bed at night wondering if demons are gonna come in and kill her in her bed. dang thats gotta have some psycological impact hasnt it ?

blessings

spiritual_soul79

Edited by spiritual_soul79

There is absolutely no evidence of anyone, anywhere being killed by a ghost.

Not one single shred.

however the other night after reading the boards and all about demons bla bla bla i was lay in bed and trying to go to sleep an image kept popping into my head and if anyone knows about mediumship they will know that this is how spirits communicate through thought . so all of a sudden im getting flashes of things that frankly werent very nice so i m thinking oh maybe ive invited these in . geez what if it is true what if they do exist and now i have opened myself up too them . then i THOUGHT oh my god i have let those people on the boards influence me into thinking of demons and with that these thoughts come from subconcious not any where else . i got up made myself a cup...and TOLD MYSELF TO STOP BEING SO SILLY AND THE FLASHES DISSAPEARED SIMPLE AS THAT .. IT SHOWS HOW EASILLY ONE CAN BE TURNED TO THINKING THEY EXIST AND THEN ONCE YOU THINK THEY DO THE THOUGHTS OF THEM START COMING THE FEAR INSIDE BUILDS AND EVENTUALLY THIS WILL TAKE CONTROL OF YOU (THE FEAR NOT THE DEMON) I STILL THINK IT'S all subjective reality and until anyone who thinks it isnt can prove it to me i dont believe it and never will..

so your mind started broadcasting fear...THEN you started getting the flashes...right? .....B

halfhandshuffle:ramones-pinhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3pSfKHlGLo

so your mind started broadcasting fear...THEN you started getting the flashes...right? .....B

halfhandshuffle:ramones-pinhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3pSfKHlGLo

yes it seemed once i allowed myself to fear it the flashes came but as soon as i told myself it was my imagination and got rid of the slight bit of fear i had allowed to creep in they dissapeared so it was nothing paranormal just my subconcious mind throwing things up from what i had been reading is all, the fear came when i gave way to the possibility that they were more than just imagination . which in turn made the flashes stronger ...

yes it seemed once i allowed myself to fear it the flashes came but as soon as i told myself it was my imagination and got rid of the slight bit of fear i had allowed to creep in they dissapeared so it was nothing paranormal just my subconcious mind throwing things up from what i had been reading is all, the fear came when i gave way to the possibility that they were more than just imagination . which in turn made the flashes stronger ...
Why did you initially refer to them AS flashes? my imagination generally does not produce the type of imagery that I would describe as "flashes" ....

a flash is something that I consider as a recieved response to my broadcast...... think about it....those flashes BUG you for some reason don't they?...they don't seem to conform to the linear thinking patterns that you are used to ....do they? :no: ....B

halfhandshuffle:rob zombie-dragula

Why did you initially refer to them AS flashes? my imagination generally does not produce the type of imagery that I would describe as "flashes" ....

a flash is something that I consider as a recieved response to my broadcast...... think about it....those flashes BUG you for some reason don't they?...they don't seem to conform to the linear thinking patterns that you are used to ....do they? :no: ....B

halfhandshuffle:rob zombie-dragula

i do understand what your saying and yes in a normal sense i would have to agree. however these flashes* maybe the worng word there but i cant think of a better one to describe it . remember i am settled down for sleep when this happened . so i have my eyes closed and all of a sudden i see an image in my mind and it wasnt the normal things that enter my mind no i admit it was just that though a very short quick image that flashed through . the way that i gave power to it was by thinking it was something bad maybe if id have just let the image go by as a normal hypnogig image i wouldnt have thought anymore of it which i usually dont i accept them for what they are hypnogogic.. but what im saying is bacause i had been reading about demons and suchlike here i allowed myself for a moment to believe it was something more which it wasnt but becasue i allowed it and put so much tought into it i affectively gave those mental images too much thought bringing them about more often if you understand me ...

see once someone sees something in the mind they then recreate it by keep thinking about it my mum used to do this after she had kids she used to see visions bad ones of her kids in varying accidents bad situations and what not . rather than like most who would just srug this off as a bad experience she allowed it too manifest by worrying about it and because of this it eventually sent her a bit mad . she couldnt get rid of the images she was having them up too thirty times a day.she actually ended up ibeing diagnoses with bi polar and depression . i myself after my first child also had some images like this but i on the otherhand had learnt from what i saw as her mistake and when i got these bad images i used them to my advantage like a warning i didnt give them too much thought just took heed of the message ie if my kids in the image were falling from a woindow i would go round the house check the windows and then leave it there .. i did this with all of them and im fine so it shows me anyway that the way we percieve things individually can have an effect on the outcome ..

I sure hope not. Ghosts are supposed to be "dead people", right? If a dead person wanted you dead as well, then I'd have to say they have nothing better to do in the afterlife.

Just to add to that, No. 50 Berkley Square in London. That had reported people dying of fright in one particular room.

That can happen under other circumstances. For example last week in NY there was an explosion from and underground pipe, the one fatality was a woman passed away from a heart attack. That is FEAR and that is documented. I assume the poor woman thought it was another terrorist attack..JN

I believe in your case, you sort of imagined them, even tho I dont know what you mean by flashes? Do you mean flashes of images, or white flashing orbs? One cannot imagine a demonic, they are either around or they are not. One can however think they are being watched, or scare themselves silly once they begin to rest especially in the dark. However, one does not imagine being thrown across a room like a rag doll, OR imagine a disembodied voice talking, when several hear it. No one can imagine a Demonic after professionals have approached it. I wont go into any other details, however we all have vivid imaginations and many things including a forum such as this, a scary movie etc can influence their mind but only to a degree. JN

they can harm anyone they want to. yes maybe they could kill

Yes..When it comes to Demonics, their capabilities are way beyond anyone's imaginaton..JN

they can harm anyone they want to. yes maybe they could kill

For ghosts, there have been reports of people having welts or burns (extreme heat or cold?) an minor scratch marks. But no confirmed serious injuries or deaths that I'm aware. I did hear a story about an investigator alledgedly killed (hung) by a ghost in Boston. But have never been able to find any documented reports of this so I dismiss it as an urban legend.

As for demons, yes they could very much kill you very easily. And they very much want to. But the "rules" forbid it. We've gone over this many times here so I'm not going to rehash it all.

"as for demons i happen to agree . the bell witch on the other hand i note the fact you use the words reportedly .apparently. claimed to . maybe his own killed him and they claimed it was spmeone else as a cover up.. the use of all these words shows there isnt enough evidence to conclude the bell witch was nothing more than a story ." - Spiritual Soul79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason that I use words like reportadly, apparently, and claimed to is because I don't want to say that these events happened for sure. But I also don't want to say that they defenitly didn't happen. I want to let other people reading these boards to be able to decide for themselvs whether or not any supposedly paranormal event actually occured.

You see, while I belive that it is theoreticlly possiple for the collective energy of a deceased person to manifest itself as a ghost, I have yet to see any evedence that compells me to belive that it has ever actually happened.

Does that make any sense? :unsure:

P.S to Spiritual Soul79: Sorry about just "Taking" your post. The quoting system is doing somthing wierd.

Edited by Mr. Spaceman

oo i was wondering when someone was going to mention that!

Yes people has died of fright in the....was it attic? but the stories also mention that a couple of them died because their throat was slashed. I think that that was the first reported case of a ghost that killed?

There are many explainations for the death of Mr. Bell as no one had actually seen him die. I believe they found some sort of poison in him, and I think even the bottle next to him. He could have just simply committed suicide and a voice being heard in a house can be explained as someone elaborately making an illusion that would seem as if they are speaking from beyond the grave.

The Ammittyville horror's original story of how a young boy had killed his parents was not ever proved to be a possession, and if it had been, then the son would have still been the one doing the killing, not some spiritual force. Even if he was possessed, there are ways to stop it. If you watch a documentary by the history channel on it, you'll find he was a very disturbed kid even before they had moved in and that his father was very physically abusive.

As for the last story, this is not one I've heard, but still, lacking the proper evidence, anyone could have killed her, especially since she had never mentioned anything about a ghost.

I believe in your case, you sort of imagined them, even tho I dont know what you mean by flashes? Do you mean flashes of images, or white flashing orbs? One cannot imagine a demonic, they are either around or they are not. One can however think they are being watched, or scare themselves silly once they begin to rest especially in the dark. However, one does not imagine being thrown across a room like a rag doll, OR imagine a disembodied voice talking, when several hear it. No one can imagine a Demonic after professionals have approached it. I wont go into any other details, however we all have vivid imaginations and many things including a forum such as this, a scary movie etc can influence their mind but only to a degree. JN

okay then instead of the word flashes im gonna say an image appeared of a demonic face is that better . the kind when you get sunconcious images being thrown at you in hypnogogrory . I think my use of the word flashes as being overstated here rather than the message i was trying to get out . it wasnt anything paranormal just a subconcious image from the days information being taken in and as usully happens when were drifing off to sleep these images and thoughts can be replayed which is usually why we dream .. again nothing paranormal ..

darn i sound like a right skeptic dont i ............ i do believe in some paranormal stuff lol just not demons sorry :P

blessing spiritual_soul79

"as for demons i happen to agree . the bell witch on the other hand i note the fact you use the words reportedly .apparently. claimed to . maybe his own killed him and they claimed it was spmeone else as a cover up.. the use of all these words shows there isnt enough evidence to conclude the bell witch was nothing more than a story ." - Spiritual Soul79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason that I use words like reportadly, apparently, and claimed to is because I don't want to say that these events happened for sure. But I also don't want to say that they defenitly didn't happen. I want to let other people reading these boards to be able to decide for themselvs whether or not any supposedly paranormal event actually occured.

You see, while I belive that it is theoreticlly possiple for the collective energy of a deceased person to manifest itself as a ghost, I have yet to see any evedence that compells me to belive that it has ever actually happened.

Does that make any sense? :unsure:

P.S to Spiritual Soul79: Sorry about just "Taking" your post. The quoting system is doing somthing wierd.

yes makes perfect sense to me . it wasnt a dig at you personally or your post that i picked out these words it was merely to highlight that these stories use words like this because as you say there is no real proof :D i havent figured out how people get bits of quotes in myself yet either i have to quote the whole thing or nothing lol guess ill learn over time :rolleyes:

Not that i know of but maybe

okay then instead of the word flashes im gonna say an image appeared of a demonic face is that better . the kind when you get sunconcious images being thrown at you in hypnogogrory . I think my use of the word flashes as being overstated here rather than the message i was trying to get out . it wasnt anything paranormal just a subconcious image from the days information being taken in and as usully happens when were drifing off to sleep these images and thoughts can be replayed which is usually why we dream .. again nothing paranormal ..

darn i sound like a right skeptic dont i ............ i do believe in some paranormal stuff lol just not demons sorry :P

blessing spiritual_soul79

LOL Its okay you have the right to believe as you wish. I just wasnt sure what flashes you meant. I see flashes with the naked eye, but they are tiny white orbs flashing about, and sometimes leave little trails or tails, whatever word you prefer. But I have seen those for a very long time..They are pretty cool little things, but I have learned not all are friendly. JN-- :no:

LOL Its okay you have the right to believe as you wish. I just wasnt sure what flashes you meant. I see flashes with the naked eye, but they are tiny white orbs flashing about, and sometimes leave little trails or tails, whatever word you prefer. But I have seen those for a very long time..They are pretty cool little things, but I have learned not all are friendly. JN-- :no:

OKAY PHEW thought you were gonna beat me with a stick there :P

seriously though i used to see the lights too so i do believe you there . but fortunatly mine were all good :yes:

have a nice day

spiritual_soul79

i do understand what your saying and yes in a normal sense i would have to agree. however these flashes* maybe the worng word there but i cant think of a better one to describe it . remember i am settled down for sleep when this happened . so i have my eyes closed and all of a sudden i see an image in my mind and it wasnt the normal things that enter my mind no i admit it was just that though a very short quick image that flashed through . the way that i gave power to it was by thinking it was something bad maybe if id have just let the image go by as a normal hypnogig image i wouldnt have thought anymore of it which i usually dont i accept them for what they are hypnogogic.. but what im saying is bacause i had been reading about demons and suchlike here i allowed myself for a moment to believe it was something more which it wasnt but becasue i allowed it and put so much tought into it i affectively gave those mental images too much thought bringing them about more often if you understand me ...
why did you start considering "energy distribution" to ward off images... bad wording? ;)

see once someone sees something in the mind they then recreate it by keep thinking about it my mum used to do this after she had kids she used to see visions bad ones of her kids in varying accidents bad situations and what not . rather than like most who would just srug this off as a bad experience she allowed it too manifest by worrying about it and because of this it eventually sent her a bit mad . she couldnt get rid of the images she was having them up too thirty times a day.she actually ended up being diagnoses with bi polar and depression . i myself after my first child also had some images like this but i on the otherhand had learnt from what i saw as her mistake and when i got these bad images i used them to my advantage like a warning i didnt give them too much thought just took heed of the message ie if my kids in the image were falling from a window i would go round the house check the windows and then leave it there .. i did this with all of them and im fine so it shows me anyway that the way we percieve things individually can have an effect on the outcome ..
Some worry nonstop about their kids getting hit by a car (me) walking to a friends house etc...this seems a little more OCP than bi polar but if that runs in the family please do not ignore the symptoms :no: ........ BUT the "images"about the kids are alot different than the "flashes" from last evening right?...

Are you wondering if some members here at UM are "pinging" you? ........B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

why did you start considering "energy distribution" to ward off images... bad wording? ;)

Some worry nonstop about their kids getting hit by a car (me) walking to a friends house etc...this seems a little more OCP than bi polar but if that runs in the family please do not ignore the symptoms :no: ........ . BUT the "images"about the kids are alot different than the "flashes" from last evening right?...

Are you wondering if some members here at UM are "pinging" you? ........B

OMG okay here goes i have said this in a previos post and im gonna say it again lol it was just a random image nothing serious coulda let it go normally it didnt even last half a second it was bad wording i used flashes yes you are right.. ive slapped myself to save you all the effort :P my main point was i let my thoughts rest on it and made it more than it was .. mountain and molehill spring to mind !!!

yes you are right she has ocd also ... i however do not . i dont know how my mother saw these images of us she just did and freaked herself out big time ...

NO the images of the kids and the images of last night were similar in every way just a little flash like when you think of buying a car you automatically see one in your mind kinda thing hard to describe same message again how i saw it is of no importance really the important part is again i gave the image too much thought and that was the problem not the image itself . hpnogig images are the norm on falling asleep . it was nothing more than this nothing less.

i dont get what you mean by pinging me ... :rofl: is it good or bad ?? he he

ps i have no symptoms of bi polar to ignore lol these images of the kidswere not long after i had the kids and like i said i didnt allow them too manifest so all is well .... i had them mostly after my first so think it was the overwhelming sense of responsibilty that brought them on and my inner need to protect ..

... these images of the kids were not long after i had the kids and like i said i didnt allow them too manifest so all is well .... i had them mostly after my first so think it was the overwhelming sense of responsibilty that brought them on and my inner need to protect ..
What about postpartum depression? ....anybody ever consider that a possible outside influence?.....B

halfhandshuffle:TALKING HEADS once in a lifetime

Edited by Barek Halfhand