Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woah? Whats is this?

JohnnyBoyC

I agree with Mako on this one. We are debating on stories that are shown to be myths really. The Genesis story can be found, slightly different but definitely as the source, in Mesopotamia many centuries before the Bible was written.

If you follow man made dogma then you will not find the truth in your life time.

IMO of course.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jodie.Lynne

• JohnnyBoyC

• TaintedDoughnuts

why do you come into this forum and start trying to debunk our religion?

My intention is not to debunk your religion but to correct the inaccuracies that have crept into it over the centuries. I can back my statements up with strong evidence. Incidentally TD, have your figured out when Jesus was born yet?

Thanks Boris, for the support yes.gif

why do you come into this forum and start trying to debunk our religion?

My intention is not to debunk your religion but to correct the inaccuracies that have crept into it over the centuries. I can back my statements up with strong evidence. Incidentally TD, have your figured out when Jesus was born yet?

Thanks Boris, for the support yes.gif

696503[/snapback]

My 2 cents worth. Jesus died what when he was in his mid-early 30's. Thousands of people were their to witness this event. Why then did it take so long for someone to write about it. One would think that there would be hundreds of written scriptures? but there is only one book that tells of this ever happening why dontgetit.gif

My 2 cents worth.  Jesus died what when he was in his mid-early 30's.  Thousands of people were their to witness this event. Why then did it take so long for someone to write about it. One would think that there would be hundreds of written scriptures?  but there is only one book that tells of this ever happening why  dontgetit.gif

697861[/snapback]

Not a lot of people were able to write back then i suppose.

But i have to side with Silver thong and Mako on this one.

Maybe by image God didnt mean physically, maybe he ment mind and spiritually.

What if we might have the same abilities as god if we figure out how to use 100% of our brain? blink.gif just a thought though

My 2 cents worth.  Jesus died what when he was in his mid-early 30's.  Thousands of people were their to witness this event. Why then did it take so long for someone to write about it. One would think that there would be hundreds of written scriptures?  but there is only one book that tells of this ever happening why  dontgetit.gif

697861[/snapback]

As diminisch says, it's not like everyone had the ability and the means to write it all down.

But the reason for this post is to point out that the Bible is not "one book" as you claim, but rather a collection of many books and letters and manuscripts (the word "Bible" is a generic term for a collection of works and has only popularly been used to describe the Biblical canon). We have four accounts (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) which document the life of Jesus. And there are 23 other pieces of writing all in regard to Jesus which comprise the rest of the new testament. 27 different books/letters, and I haven't even included the writings not generally accepted as part of the biblical canon.

Until next time,