Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese Military is no match for US Army!

Dr. Strangehug

Sure, but do you understand what war really is?  It is nothing nice, nothing to joke about.  War changes people for life.  Maybe if we all understood what really goes on, we wouldn't be quick to jump in and support a war.

Having been in two of them, as both enlisted and as an officer, yes, I understand what war really is. There is nothing theoretical about my views. They are derived from my experience.

Now, let me ask you this: Have you ever had anyone hate you, truly, viciously hate you, for no other reason than because you were born in a particular country, or of a particular religious faith? Have you ever met anyone who regarded your life as insignificant as that of a blade of grass you step on leaving the house? It is all well and good to say that war is a terrible thing and it changes people for life, but as you attempt to ask others if they understand what it is they are talking about, are you entirely sure that you do?

Now what caused Tibet's problem?  China's military.

What would have prevented that problem? A strong Tibetan military. Let's not be coy. If you speak of a military being used for defense, don't flip the meaning around to that of an invading army.

The Iraq war is far from over.  It isn't like there are 5 Iraqis jumping around like jack rabbits over there randomly shooting off their AKs.

Actually, it is, for all intents and purposes, just that. There is no direct, coordinated, effort, no centralized enemy, no opponent with whom to have a war with, and therefore, the war is effectively over. Consider the proper war lasted only a few months, and years have passed since the end of major conflicts, yes, it would be expected that there would be more casualties now. Comparing the casualties to the time span, however, reveals that that the numbers are, slowly but surely, coming down.

I see no problem with having an interesting conversation about it.  Would you be making these objections if we were talking about chess scenarios?

Nope

Excellent, then you shouldn't mind when we speak of a different sort of war game.

Edited by aquatus1

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• SnakeProphet

• british_patriot

• Stixxman

thumbsup.gif Very good response and now I believe we can get back on topic.. thumbsup.gif

Wouldn't it be funny if the Chinese Military were taught in the ways of Bushido? laugh.gif

I wonder which army would win now...

Yes and they actually fought true Native Americans, Bushido agains bows and arrows?

The Japanese Naval Army were taught from the ways of the Bushido, and look how large their empire was. But yet, the US fought back. I think the Japanese were low on supplies, thats why.

I'm not convinced the ancient martial art philosophies would help them too much. The strategies and actions they promote are pretty much the exact opposite of what we consider successful tactics today.

I think ancient martial art philosophies would help but only mentally in preperation for battle.

• 2 weeks later...

A poorly equipped Chinese soldier trained in the arts of meditation and Bushido........calmy sits on the beach....awaiting the boat that will never show up.....because it was destroyed by an American torpedo made by Jimbo at the Raytheon plant in Texas..........who has no formal martial arts training what-so-ever............still waiting patiently for the boat to take him to the beaches of Taiwan where he can take his highly-tuned mind but poorly equiped body up the beach to get ripped to shreds by machine gun fire.....he is suddenly vaporized by a Tomahawk cruise missile.......shot from an F-18 hornet.......made in Texas by Jimbo....who has no formal martial arts training what-so-ever.........THE END

P.S.

The Tomahawk cruise missile was ALSO made in America by Jimbo in Texas.....who I REPEAT.......has no prior training in martial arts......

Jeez.........I guess it gets down to who can put the Missile, Bullet, Artillery Round, Death Ray, etc where he wants....whem he wants............THATS how you when wars....not through bushido...........I believe the Japanese Bushido warriors(Samurai) were wiped out by Japanese troops who had no formal martial arts training what so ever......they just had guns and cannons.....made by poor white dudes from the western world who had no prior martial arts training what so ever....LOL

Look who are the most powerful civilizations.........Its the Western Civilizations man!~

Where my eye goes.....the bullet goes!

If an army plans to take the offensive and make a preemptive strike, then they had better be technologically ahead of their enemies. If an army exists solely to defend themselves then their requirements are less. China obviously maintains a standing army for defense purposes only.

This then give the lie to the Butcher's percieved threat from the famous "Axis of Evil". If the Rand Corporation knows that China cannot mount a serious offensive then the Butcher knows it too. His accusation against China is only political terrorism of his own people.

By the Way, while much of China's military is "out of date", they do possess ICBMs capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to Los Angeles and in fact there are at least 12 of those aimed there.

The Chinese have the biggest army in the world, the USA have the best equipped, the British have the best trained

697673[/snapback]

i'd put the us marines against the royal marines,or any other fighting force in the world.they are the last group you want to have looking for you!!!

697681[/snapback]

US Marines... we are talking about troops with minimum training even teh US senior Military officials are asking for longer and more intensive training programs for them... these are troops that were shooting helicopters down in Iraq only recently.

697697[/snapback]

I just got on this topic thread, so I don't know what all has been said after this, but here is my comment about the quotes above:

I don't know how the U.S. Marines would stack up against the British Royal Marines.......but I do know that the U.S. Marines could mop the floor with the best of the Chinese Army.

I did an extensive study on one of the battles of the Korean War for my military history class......the battle I studied was the battle of the Chosin Reservoir.

This battle pitted a force of only a few thousand U.S. forces against some odd hundred thousand Chinese. The Chinese ambushed the American forces, their whole purpose for the ambush was to destroy the U.S. Marines because they had heard they were America's elite fighting force. Well, the Chinese surrounded the U.S. forces, cut each of them off and decimated most of them, it took around 2 weeks or more before all the U.S. forces had successfully retreated to safety.

The Chosin Reservoir itself is separated by a river, on one side was the regular army forces and on the other side were the Marines.

The regular solders were almost completely wiped out. None of their military vehicles survived. But the Marines, even being cut off from each other, and surrounded, survived 3 Chinese Division in succession.....and that was only on day one!!!!

The Marines fought their way through the Chinese and took the same path the other Americans took to escape, and they didn't loose a single vehicle.

In essence, even though the Americans had to retreat........ The Marines who were extremely out numbered, cut off, and without any food or supplies mopped the floor with the Chinese.

That battle alone proves that the Chinese army is no match for the U.S. Marines, at least in my view anyway.

Member No.: 17507

"90% of all politicians,give the other 10% a bad name."-Dr Henry Kissinger

QUOTE(british_patriot @ Jun 25 2005, 02:01 PM)

The Chinese have the biggest army in the world, the USA have the best equipped, the British have the best trained

i'd put the us marines against the royal marines,or any other fighting force in the world.they are the last group you want to have looking for you!!!

the us marines are s*it compared to the Royal Marines

Yeah I heard about that they also took all their dead and wounded with them. Didn't it eventually lead to the bugout at yalu, and that was the end of McArthur after giving his speech about the chinese not likely coming in. They had intel reports that a force of over 300,000 chinese was massing at the boarder and willoughby told McArthur they wouldn't come across. But they had a kill ratio of like 25-1 in that engagement.

....good to see an impartial veiw...

The US army does have something of a reputation of being...how to put it delicately....'trigger happy'? I believe friendly fire incidents from US troops actually killed more allied troops during the initial conflict in Iraq that Saddam's troops did huh.gif

However, it should be stated that such incidents involve the regular soldiery...probably not career soldiers, and certainly not their elite special forces. America's worst military habit is probably not the lack of training in its special forces (who are probably as well training as the elite of any given western nation), but instead it's annoying habit of giving guns to toothless rednecks, who'll shoot at anything not flying an American flag.

I believe that the UK and Israili hold the record for the best training administered to the standard, rank and file troop.

Having been in two of them, as both enlisted and as an officer, yes, I understand what war really is.  There is nothing theoretical about my views.  They are derived from my experience.

Now, let me ask you this:  Have you ever had anyone hate you, truly, viciously hate you, for no other reason than because you were born in a particular country, or of a particular religious faith?  Have you ever met anyone who regarded your life as insignificant as that of a blade of grass you step on leaving the house?  It is all well and good to say that war is a terrible thing and it changes people for life, but as you attempt to ask others if they understand what it is they are talking about, are you entirely sure that you do? 

Yes, I have lived in many places around the world. Some places don't particularly care for white Americans. I know what it feels like, big deal? Were you out killing people in the war? My dad was in Iraq during the war and his take on it is quite different than those who were running around killing people and getting shot at.

Now what caused Tibet's problem?  China's military

What would have prevented that problem?  A strong Tibetan military.  Let's not be coy.  If you speak of a military being used for defense, don't flip the meaning around to that of an invading army.

You can look at it either way. Tibet would have been just fine if China didn't have a large military giving power to the emperor to take over other countries. Tibet could have had a military and tried to fend off China. It's location served them well for many years prior though. You could call that a good defense. Two wrongs don't make a right do they?

Actually, it is, for all intents and purposes, just that.  There is no direct, coordinated, effort, no centralized enemy, no opponent with whom to have a war with, and therefore, the war is effectively over.  Consider the proper war lasted only a few months, and years have passed since the end of major conflicts, yes, it would be expected that there would be more casualties now.  Comparing the casualties to the time span, however, reveals that that the numbers are, slowly but surely, coming down.

If the war is over, why haven't we left? Isn't this Al Zarkawi guy the head of the insurgents? Is there not one person or one group of people they are going after now? Are we not fighting the war against terror? Haven't they classified these "evil" insurgents in Iraq as terrorists? The war may not be against Saddam's regime anymore but there is certainly a war going on in Iraq.

I see no problem with having an interesting conversation about it.  Would you be making these objections if we were talking about chess scenarios?

Nope

Excellent, then you shouldn't mind when we speak of a different sort of war game.

705989[/snapback]

I don't consider talking about the ability to kill mass quantities of people a game. How about we talk about the best way to kill your family in their sleep with out you hearing? After all, it is all just a game since we are only talking about it.

The US army does have something of a reputation of being...how to put it delicately....'trigger happy'? I believe friendly fire incidents from US troops actually killed more allied troops during the initial conflict in Iraq that Saddam's troops did huh.gif

However, it should be stated that such incidents involve the regular soldiery...probably not career soldiers, and certainly not their elite special forces. America's worst military habit is probably not the lack of training in its special forces (who are probably as well training as the elite of any given western nation), but instead it's annoying habit of giving guns to toothless rednecks, who'll shoot at anything not flying an American flag.

I believe that the UK and Israili hold the record for the best training administered to the standard, rank and file troop.

721372[/snapback]

Put a gun in your hand and throw you in a war zone. You will more than likely shoot at anything that you even slightly think has a chance of killing you. This is probably why so many civilians have died in Iraq since this war has taken off. It is sad but understandable. Same with killing your own troops.

I thought this discussion was about the "Chinese Military is no match for US Army!, World's largest army, but not best" Not a comparison between teh UK and US military training progam?

the us marines are s*it compared to the Royal Marines

the yanks are complete cowards when it comes to war th chinese would beat them anyday

im an ex soldier and the training we got was good and what i think the best in the world

As an ex soldier myself I have to say that I have serious doubts about your claim to be a fighting man. Most professional soldiers would not stoop to such vile remarks except perhaps in a pub, face to face. And even then it would likely be good natured and/or to blow off steam, and not be literal. I am not going to post links or sources to the near limitless examples of the American fighting man's courage and self sacrifice. Your clearly immature, maladjusted attitude relating to US soldiers speaks for itself. And if you truly are a soldier then I feel sorry for the British military.

Glad to see someone jump on the anti-US inflammitory bandwagon you mean?

I believe friendly fire incidents from US troops actually killed more allied troops during the initial conflict in Iraq that Saddam's troops did huh.gif

721372[/snapback]

Wrong. 35 out of 148 died from fratricide. Modern weapons are fast and leathal. I helped bury a good friend that was killed by friendly fire in 91. Friendly fire is a sad fact of warfare. It happens to all armies in war, not just the US as you so gleefully like to point out. You seem to have some serious pathological issues, and frankly your constant incitive comments concerning the US are sad, offensive and atrocious. Do these nefarious remarks make you feel better somehow? I am not really sure why I need an explanation on your ill-mannered callowness, anti-US rhetoric. Perhaps I just expect more from someone that has obviously gone beyond a few primary grades.

I am not even sure why this thread is in "World Events & Current Affairs". I guess being a toothless redneck I just don't know no betta...

And besides if you don't want to die before your time don't join the military, its not like they promise sunny beaches and furlows all day. People die in the army thats a fact, I watched a friend die during a live fire exercise. It shouldn't have happened of course but how else do you train to go to war?

The chinese army is s#$$, they have an officer core that can treat their enlisted men like garbage, they have a large standing army because its mandatory military over there.

I'm not trying to be overly patriotic, but to say US Marines aren't S#!T is laughable. America is the military leader. No matter what. America spends the most money on military research, training, equipment in the world. Not to start a riot because I believe the English military has some very well-trained soldiers, but having a bigger budget to spend means the better the training is.

When it comes to the Chinese. It isn't about more people equals more power. Perhaps if we were fighting with swords and muskets, but we're not. Stealth bombers, and smart missiles all cost money, something the US has plenty of. Like the article says they are out of date. In my opinion, the quality of life determines much of a person's patriotism. Many Chinese are not happy with their quality of life. Many Americans are, and are willing to die for it. America has patriotism that is unmatched.

I am 19, I am not going to fight war, nor have I joined the army. I have registered for the draft, and you can believe if any aggressive force stepped foot on American soil I would be more than willing to die defending my way of life. Basically I don't believe America will go picking a war with China, but if they were to ever attempt an invasion. They would lose horribly.

I don't think the chinese are unhappy in the military their just ambivilent. Your right their quality of life does affect them, but not in a nationalistic sense. The chinese culture is very prideful of the fact that they were one of the first advanced human societies. All chinese are proud of their heritage and history its their mothers milk.

I'm not trying to be overly patriotic, but to say US Marines aren't S#!T is laughable. America is the military leader. No matter what. America spends the most money on military research, training, equipment in the world. Not to start a riot because I believe the English military has some very well-trained soldiers, but having a bigger budget to spend means the better the training is.

When it comes to the Chinese. It isn't about more people equals more power. Perhaps if we were fighting with swords and muskets, but we're not. Stealth bombers, and smart missiles all cost money, something the US has plenty of. Like the article says they are out of date. In my opinion, the quality of life determines much of a person's patriotism. Many Chinese are not happy with their quality of life. Many Americans are, and are willing to die for it. America has patriotism that is unmatched.

I am 19, I am not going to fight war, nor have I joined the army. I have registered for the draft, and you can believe if any aggressive force stepped foot on American soil I would be more than willing to die defending my way of life. Basically I don't believe America will go picking a war with China, but if they were to ever attempt an invasion. They would lose horribly.

722368[/snapback]

Which part of this is not a discussion on comparisons between who has the best trained Military don't you understand, firstly don't comment on something you don't understand and secondly try to keep this discussion on topic.

Edited by XSAS

Wouldn't some of the advantage over the Chinese military be because our military requires you to have a High School diploma or GED before you enter? Our men and women just sat through roughly 12 to 14 (Adding in pre-school) years of problem solving and working together. You also need to pass the ASVABS before you can even enlist even if you have a Diploma or GED. Not to mention our meical testing after the ASVABS. Making sure all your joints work, eyes are good, hearing is decent and body is healthy.