Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is scientology?

Dr1273

I don't even know the first thing about it. It was said it is it's own religiong but you can be catholic, prodistan...ect. and still be a scientologist. So what is it? A way of living? A different way of thinking about your own religion? Please explain. Thank you.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Irish

• Afrogirl_001

• Dr1273

Top Posters In This Topic

The Secrets of Scientology

The Church of Scientology is a rich and vengeful religious cult, or as one critic puts it, "a cross between the Moonies and the Mafia." But it would be a mistake to dismiss its underlying technology as harmless or ineffective. Scientologists know a great deal about thought control, social control, rhetorical judo (defeat by misdirection, deft use of logical fallacies) and high pressure sales, though as victims of their own technology, they wouldn't characterize it that way.

Despite its extensive advertising campaign, including half-hour TV infomercials for Dianetics, the Church has been careful to maintain a veil of mystery about its teachings, in part by outlawing any meaningful discussion or analysis of them. (See the policy bulletin prohibiting verbal tech.) To learn the inner secrets of the cult requires years of strict obedience and large monetary donations.

In return, Scientology promises its adherents "total freedom". The Internet, through sites like this one, is going to make good on that promise. This web site is dedicated to exposing the various technical tricks behind Scientology, until all its secrets have been laid before the public at no charge.

Link:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/

The aims of Scientology are a world without insanity, without criminals, without war, where the able can prosper and where Man is free to rise to greater heights.

And if you were to ask any Scientologist they would tell you it is a practical religion, with practical answers — tools that can be applied to achieve greater awareness and purpose in the here and now.

Or, as we say it, when you have the answers to life's questions — there is virtually no part of existence it cannot be applied to for the betterment of life itself.

What people need are real solutions, real tools to deal with and effectively overcome human problems.

Every one of us has experienced it.

Think back yourself and you'll remember when you tried to help a grieving loved one, a struggling child, a friend overcome by addiction.

And where you have failed, it's only because you lacked effective answers to accomplish what you desired.

source

its a religion for hollywoods elite, its just something to set them apart from us, i'd say their the aliens. they are just as stupid as ever.

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dolars, the best way would be to start his own religion".

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, 1949, then just a writer

I would guess that anwers your question!

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dolars, the best way would be to start his own religion".

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, 1949, then just a writer

696003[/snapback]

thumbsup.gif noted and now I undertand!!

Yes, my me fine Irish friend, I agree with you 110 percent! That has always been my take on Scientology too. I'll probably start dying now that Kabala has all of Hollywood going gaa gaa. After all they were the ones that gave Scientology the big push up! Incidentally I hated Ron's scifi.

Yes, my me fine Irish friend, I agree with you 110 percent! That has always been my take on Scientology too. I'll probably start dying now that Kabala has all of Hollywood going gaa gaa. After all they were the ones that gave Scientology the big push up! Incidentally I hated Ron's scifi.

696063[/snapback]

Yes his scifi was not much better than his religion. I am amazed how far he took it though. It was funny that John Travolta (a Follower of Hubbard) made a movie out of his first novel Spaceship Earth; it bombed pretty quickly at the box office. blink.gif

I had an opportunity to investigate the organization back in the 70’s the entire concept was based around a machine called an e-meter a fancy computer thingy attached to two empty bean cans on strings. For a hefty fee you would hold on to the bean cans and the scientoligist would regress you into past lives to correct errors that you made back then that were affecting your life now. To reach a state of “Clearing” would often cost your entire life’s savings. no.gif

Irish

I can't believe what I'm reading here. This site is threaded by mostly believers/christians and I am hearing the most horrible things come out of you people. I thought your book says not to judge others and you tell everyone this is what you believe. I say shame on you for condeming someone elses belief. It makes me wonder what you think of islam, judism and other faiths of the world. This is one of the very reasons I turned away from your ideologies. They are so narsasistic and self serving. This is INTOLLERANCE of the highest order, it's no wonder we have so much violence and upheavel in this world. angry.gif

I can't believe what I'm reading here. This site is threaded by mostly believers/christians and I am hearing the most horrible things come out of you people. I thought your book says not to judge others and you tell everyone this is what you believe. I say shame on you for condeming someone elses belief. It makes me wonder what you think of islam, judism and other faiths of the world. This is one of the very reasons I turned away from your ideologies. They are so narsasistic and self serving. This is INTOLLERANCE of the highest order, it's no wonder we have so much violence and upheavel in this world. angry.gif

696121[/snapback]

It is one thing to respect another’s religion and belief system. L Ron Hubbard by his own admissions started Scientology purely for his own financial gain.

I could not without conscious sit back and watch people suckered into spending their life savings on such a ridiculous notion. He even called it a church to gain tax exempt status only. Fortunately the US court system saw it otherwise.

I don't know how popular (if at all) John Saffran is outside of Australia.... come to think of it, he's not that popular here, either tongue.gif ..... but he created a show called "John Saffran vs. God", and the episode dealing with scientology basically says it all.....

http://www.spirituality.com/ is a website if you want to learn more.

There is a young man named Earom on here that goes to a christian science church. He is nice and I am sure he would answer some of your questions.

He gave me this website just to check out what it was all about. It was interesting. Some just a little different. But pretty much you can heal your body type thing. I am sure.

Cult? That is mean. Why do you call them a cult? Is it because they are different?

i heard bad stories on that sciencology stuff! so i dont have good opinion on it!

Edited by greattenchim

http://www.spirituality.com/ is a website if you want to learn more.

There is a young man named Earom on here that goes to a christian science church. He is nice and I am sure he would answer some of your questions.

He gave me this website just to check out what it was all about. It was interesting. Some just a little different. But pretty much you can heal your body type thing. I am sure.

696184[/snapback]

Just a note 101 christian science is entirely different than Scientology.

Oh okay thanks I thought they were the same. That is why I didn't know why she would call it a cult. Because I looked on the website and it seemed okay to me.

Thanks Irish. original.gif

When we come from a place of love, we try to live lifes that are beneficial for everbody, We actually make sure that everyone benefits from our having been around. Kindness becomes a very important word, kindness is not only goodness its sameness, we realize that all others are brothers and sisters We may not understand anothers path but we would honor and allow them to walk it any religion at its highest expression would not say alot of the things that are being said, Love is the arrow that allows us to see the truth and that truth is we are all connected and what you say about another you are saying about yourself, If I might make a suggestion why not be open to leaning about Scientology maybe there is something you could learn that could change everything. Namaste Sheri Berri

'chuckle" I am sure that if Jim Jones had a website (few to none in those days) it would have made his little deadly cult look ok! wink2.gif

All religions are cults if you think about it just some are bigger and older then others and are called religions. tongue.gif

I don't even know the first thing about it. It was said it is it's own religiong but you can be catholic, prodistan...ect. and still be a scientologist. So what is it? A way of living? A different way of thinking about your own religion? Please explain. Thank you.

695963[/snapback]

HA HA , my mom was re-searching this on the net one day cause alot of celebrities are into it. apparently from what she told me cause we were having a good laff bout it..was taht they believed that humans evolved from clams w00t.gif ever since that ive always wanted to go to one of their churches and see wat their religions like. Apparently its not even a religion, its more like a cult

Afrogirl

695963[/snapback]

HA HA , my mom was re-searching this on the net one day cause alot of celebrities are into it. apparently from what she told me cause we were having a good laff bout it..was taht they believed that humans evolved from clams w00t.gif ever since that ive always wanted to go to one of their churches and see wat their religions like. Apparently its not even a religion, its more like a cult

Afrogirl