Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Book of Enoch

JayRob303

I have just started reading the Book of Enoch, and came across something interesting, and would like your opinion on it...

"And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they

were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjâzâ taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armârôs the resolving of enchantments, Barâqîjâl (taught) astrology, Kôkabêl the constellations, Êzêqêêl the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiêl the signs of the earth, Shamsiêl the signs of the sun, and Sariêl the course of the moon."

Does this mean that Witchcraft, Druidism, Shamanism, etc... were derived from the original teachings from the angels?

Once again...I just started reading it, so be gentle... original.gif

to thoughs of us here who take this book as the absolut.. yeah..

to those of use who buy nothing into that mythos.. no.

Then there are those of us who think everything religious is obsolete..

and then there are those of us who have just grown so flippin tired of this that we just don't give a ... what those who believe in that book thinks...

can you tell how bitter and fed up I am?

697193[/snapback]

No, but others might be fed up with you and your beliefs...

Edited by P4P3R T1G3R2

I think people are fed up because people label other peoples beliefs in a negative way....and that makes me fed up.

In my opinion, the Book of Enoch is somewhere very close to the Bible, Torah and Koran as to telling people what their higher power demands them to do or educate them as to whome created them. Its just to contradicticting in my opinion, and sometimes I refuse to believe anything proclaimed 'true' anywhere.

In effect...yes.

To recap on that all wicthcrap goes back to angelology (go look up how many angel names equate with spirits called in those books), and there IS a good and a dark side to it. The Hebrews were allowed to use this magic (Solomon used it, summoned up demons/Nephillim, etc) and were still using it until recently, but a Rabbi grossly misued it and from then on it was deemed 'bad'. Much of Egypt's culture and religion is based on the teachings of the angels, but THEY (the Egyptians) changed it to suit their culture, maybe even over time.

Even the 'gods' of ancient religions were the actual Nephilim. In the Dead Sea Scrolls it names Gilgamesh as a son of the angels, and Gilgamesh was a 'god' in a neighbouring region, no doubt the region he was actually in, as it says they went to 'every corner of the Earth'.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

697193[/snapback]

No, but others might be fed up with you and your beliefs...

697227[/snapback]

Oh snap.. GEE GOLLY WIZZ! You sure told me! Wow.. that really stung.. ouch ouch...

no.. wait... that was pethetic... But then again, I can't really expect any better from you.

There's a fine line between what people believe. Ashley firmly believes that Enoch is the living truth.. alright fine.. I'm not goin' to stop her.. heck I don't care what she thinks anymore. She could say the earth is a basketball for all I care anymore...

There's no point in discussions about these anymore.. It'll just breed more hostilities.. especialy from sour old werecougars like me who's been growing tired of defending herself and her beliefs.. especialy by oh so whitty and clever little kiddies like you who think he can pass by that zinger! *rolls her eyes*

Do I bieve that the old pagan ways stemmed from these angels? No.. why? Because paganistic religions have been along long before enoch was even a twinkle in it's author's eye... but then again, that's my belief. Am I going to let someone sway it? Nope.. Why should I? would they let me sway them? Nope...

But hey! Let's all just argue it out just for the sake of a rehashed topic.. ok?

I have just started reading the Book of Enoch, and came across something interesting, and would like your opinion on it...

"And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they

were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways......Êzêqêêl the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiêl the signs of the earth......

Does this mean that Witchcraft, Druidism, Shamanism, etc...  were derived from the original teachings from the angels?

Once again...I just started reading it, so be gentle... original.gif

697146[/snapback]

Interesting. So why didn't God want man to know about meteorology and geology?

Perhaps because we'd then see how he was really just a big con merchant: he didn't create the earth and didn't bring the rains? unsure.gif

It wasn't what was taught so much as it was the fact that they were secrets of Heaven, just as astrology was.

Azazel taught make-up eyeliner/mascara, eyeshadow, rouge, all coloring tinctures from hair dyes to clothes dyes, glass dying etc. People use these everyday, hell I love eyeliner and mascara, dye my hair, etc. But they can be abused.

In yet other early texts Azazel is accredited to inventing beer and taverns, getting basically getting everyone drunk, creating 'mixed choir music' and musical instruments, and in a Babylonian text, which is not at all of a religious nature Azazel is thanked for 'teaching the art of' various sexual practices (you'd read about them today in Cosmpolitan magazine, yes, they DID do that back then), forthright speech, etc. It's little wonder he got the majority of the blame....

Another angel taught medicines which abused became drug abuse.

That and that probably isn't the best translation. 'Fornication' was something the people were carrying out as a result of these teachings, and murder, sorcery....one angel also taught abortion....and the months of gestation a fetus grows hair, nails, that it can survive at 6 months gestation, but it's safe at 8 months, etc.

What's ironic is that their original job as 'Holy Watchers' was to watch man day and night (they did not sleep) and report their deeds, AND to actually teach man. When they fell, those teachings became the 'rejected mysteries', the became corrupt, enjoyed living like man a little too much, and once man got ahold of it, became teachings which would eventually destroy man, even though that was not it's original intent.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child
  • Like 1

• 9 years later...

Hello my name is Dave. I'm glad to see you have interest in the book of Enoch. That is where I started to find real answers to a lot of my questions about scripture. Witchcraft Druids and all that can be traced back to the Phoenicians but all that doesn't really matter. The truth is now being slowly revealed to the world and is a far cry from what men have said for thousands of years. If you are truly interested in truth go to *snip* It is groundbreaking and anyone who study's this will be able to break down parables using the scriptural keys, keys of David or keys to the kingdom as Jude put it. Good luck and God Bless

Edited by Paranoid Android
removed links.

Considering everyone in this near 10-year old thread no longer views these forums I don't think anything can be served by resurrecting it.