Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gays march through Europe demanding right to marry

Novo

Your assumptions about our "grandparents" not knowing homosexuals are absolutely, incredibly inane. In fact, my grandfather's brother is a gay man. Marelene Dietrech was a lesbian, Rock Hudson was gay, Truman Copote, Joseph Foucault, Liberace, etc, etc, etc...these were all people our grandparents age that were homosexual. The society that was prevalent when our grandparents were growing up was a very different and much more repressed atmosphere. Our grandmothers weren't in college or given much in the way of career opportunities, either. If we happen to be of African descent, our grandparents weren't voting or drinking from the same water fountains. The people haven't changed one iota, it's the mentality of the culture that has evolved.

Ok.Let's go a few more generations back.

It DOES show that homosexuality can be repressed,I'm sure of it.

705399[/snapback]

i did'nt say anything about grandparents!!!

but i do however think its wrong, and having been in the forces alot of our history books are filled with "politically correct" lies.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnakeProphet

• Seraphina

• JennRose

• __Kratos__

Ok.Let's go a few more generations back.

It DOES show that homosexuality can be repressed,I'm sure of it.

705399[/snapback]

Yes, I agree with you. Homosexuality can be REPRESSED bc people can refuse their natural urges. Just like how teachers used to force left-handed children to write with their right-hand. Being left handed wasn't accepted, so the children were forced to go against their own tendancies. Many gay people have spouses of the opposite sex and even have children, they are just going against their inclination.

It shows that it used to be completely unacceptable, and homosexuals would be lynched. It does not prove that it didn't exist.

*Edit: JennRose, that's an awesome example.

Edited by Guest

i did'nt say anything about grandparents!!!

but i do however think its wrong, and having been in the forces alot of our history books are filled with "politically correct" lies.

705408[/snapback]

Sorry, BB, read the statements above. Snake and I were talking about the grandparents issue before you posted.

It shows that it used to be completely unacceptable, and homosexuals would be lynched. It does not prove that it didn't exist.

*Edit: JennRose, that's an awesome example.

705411[/snapback]

yes but it's not valid!

so now im eveil for having my say?

so sorry there starlin!!!

P.S just seen your pic!!!

CUTE! blush.gif

Edited by British Bootboy

Everyone can have their say, that is never a problem. It's just always a good thing to keep an open mind that others will have an opposite opinion, or facts that can invalidate a previously held belief. yes.gif

In my country, they are allready allowed to marry, and thats just fine with me..If they want to adopt kids, also fine with me..

Yes, I agree with you. Homosexuality can be REPRESSED bc people can refuse their natural urges. Just like how teachers used to force left-handed children to write with their right-hand. Being left handed wasn't accepted, so the children were forced to go against their own tendancies. Many gay people have spouses of the opposite sex and even have children, they are just going against their inclination.

so you would basically be forcing a straight kid to be gay.

So that basically means that statement is not "utterly ridiculous"?

so you would basically be forcing a straight kid to be gay.

So that basically means that statement is not "utterly ridiculous"?

705511[/snapback]

Wait, how in any of this does it show that a straight kid is going to be forced to be gay? That's an irrational leap of logic. The examples I were giving were that an inclination was being FORCED (ex: the teachers would whip and punish and scold the left-handed children to force the children to write with other hand) on a child. Do you really think the homosexual parents would want to perpetuate the same intolerance on their straight children that a straight-biased society had forced on them? Of course not, they would understand the importance of being able to be the person you are born to be.

I know of several instances of children who live with a biological parent and that parent's gay spouse and the child/teenager is not gay, nor forced to be that way.

And just considering hypothetically that your assumption is valid, is it preferable to have orphaned children grow up gay or have orphaned children grow up unloved and parent-less?

Wait, how in any of this does it show that a straight kid is going to be forced to be gay? That's an irrational leap of logic. The examples I were giving were that an inclination was being FORCED (ex: the teachers would whip and punish and scold the left-handed children to force the children to write with other hand) on a child. Do you really think the homosexual parents would want to perpetuate the same intolerance on their straight children that a straight-biased society had forced on them? Of course not, they would understand the importance of being able to be the person you are born to be.

I know of several instances of children who live with a biological parent and that parent's gay spouse and the child/teenager is not gay, nor forced to be that way.

And just considering hypothetically that your assumption is valid, is it preferable to have orphaned children grow up gay or have orphaned children grow up unloved and parent-less?

Well,I didn't say it will happen,but it surely can.Left-handed children were not only punished in school,there are many that turned right-handed because it was expected by their parents.The parents and the surroundings DO have an influence on children.Again I didn't say it will happen all the time, but to exclude the option is definatly not a wise a choice.

Edited by Snake_6024

Well,I didn't say it will happen,but it surely can.Left-handed children were not only punished in school,there are many that turned right-handed because it was expected by their parents.The parents and the surroundings DO have an influence on children.Again I didn't say it will happen all the time, but to exclude the option is definatly not a wise a choice.

705629[/snapback]

Fair enough. That's a valid point; there are unscrupulous people of all races, colors, creeds and orientations and some homosexual adoptive parents may indeed have unrealistic expectations of their children. But is that worth prohibiting a very large population of percentage of loving parents from being able to adopt? why not screen them like all other couples looking to adopt? A twist on what I asked earlier: is it preferable to have children grow up with a gay couple or have children grow up unloved and parent-less?

Fair enough. That's a valid point; there are unscrupulous people of all races, colors, creeds and orientations and some homosexual adoptive parents may indeed have unrealistic expectations of their children. But is that worth prohibiting a very large population of percentage of loving parents from being able to adopt? why not screen them like all other couples looking to adopt? A twist on what I asked earlier: is it preferable to have children grow up with a gay couple or have children grow up unloved and parent-less?

Well,it depends on wether the absence of one side has a bad influence on children and I believe it does.

They should have the right,but I think heterosexuals should be favored in the decision to let a couple adopt a child.

I thought this post was just about gays having the right to get married.

There is a thread on the board about gays having the right to adopt a child

Well, the article says the march is for "marriage, adoption, and equal rights", so I assume any of those topics are relevant.

Now that I'm back...

My internet cut out (again) just before I made a post last night, in which I was going to point out to the people who, for reasons known only to themselves, somehow think that a child with gay parents would be "forced" to be gay, because the parents would "force their lifestyle" onto them.

Sexuality is not a lifestyle. It's as simple as that. People no more choose their sexuality than they do their natural hair colour, or whether they're right or left handed. Sexuality, just like everything else, is something that is predetermined for us. A gay couple could not "force" a choice of sexuality on a child, simply because there isn't a choice to be made.

Quite frankly, as I stated earlier, if the poorly thought out arguement of sexuality being a learned responce was true, then there wouldn't be any homosexuals at all - they'd all have "learned" heterosexuality from their parents.

As has been pointed out, why the hell would anyone choose a 'lifestyle' that lays them open, even now, to the kind of comments that no one would dream of making (at least publicly) about black people? Do people seriously think a kid would think, "gee, it looks so cool being gay, hey, why don't I try it"? blink.gif

Exactly...it's an absolutely ridiculous assumption. Unfortunately, it isn't helped much by the fact that many of the most prominent members of the homosexual community DO promote the idea that they made a choice to be gay tongue.gif Which is unusual...I seem to remember, some time ago, there was a thread where that question was asked...every single one of our homosexual/bisexual members who posted there felt that their sexuality was simply the way they were born.

Why should they call it a marriage? Can't they just use another name such as union and see if they can get the governments to recognize that? My oldest sister is gay, but she is not too interested in getting married. Although, she would love to have the health benefits that her girlfriend has.

Now that I'm back...

My internet cut out (again) just before I made a post last night, in which I was going to point out to the people who, for reasons known only to themselves, somehow think that a child with gay parents would be "forced" to be gay, because the parents would "force their lifestyle" onto them.

Sexuality is not a lifestyle. It's as simple as that. People no more choose their sexuality than they do their natural hair colour, or whether they're right or left handed. Sexuality, just like everything else, is something that is predetermined for us. A gay couple could not "force" a choice of sexuality on a child, simply because there isn't a choice to be made.

Quite frankly, as I stated earlier, if the poorly thought out arguement of sexuality being a learned responce was true, then there wouldn't be any homosexuals at all - they'd all have "learned" heterosexuality from their parents.

705932[/snapback]

Predetermined for us blink.gif Why was it that one of my friends who has been gay for about 5 years was married twice and has one kid to both wifes only became gay (in his words )when he thought about all the years he has wasted on the females ,19 years to be exact ,he said after his second mariage fell apart that he would be better of being gay,look at him know,he`s ben gay for 5 years yet he was straight for 37,how is that predetermined

So what about all those people that were forced to be straight most of their life then one day the just left their wifes and children to have a gay mate?

You can greatly INFLUENCE a child into thinking they are not straight just as you can have them think they are straight. Why do you think gays where so mad at that zoo for talking about FORCING the penguins straight? Cause, they know it can be done. I'm just not spewing off here, I'm for gays but not for children being adopted and raised by gays. Seems greatly unfair to a straight child to be forced to live that way and influenced into the gay culture. Yes, I'm talking about the CHILD'S welfare, not the emotions of the gay couple.

Why should they call it a marriage?  Can't they just use another name such as union and see if they can get the governments to recognize that?  My oldest sister is gay, but she is not too interested in getting married.  Although, she would love to have the health benefits that her girlfriend has.

705979[/snapback]

Why should they have to re-name a commitment to their partner and not call it a marriage, hell we give rights to Criminals and Terrorists why can't a gay couple enjoy the same rights as any other married couple?

Well, the article says the march is for "marriage, adoption, and equal rights", so I assume any of those topics are relevant.

705726[/snapback]

Equal rights?

Wheres mine! I served in Iraq twice, when i left the Royal Marines i returned home without my friend who was killed trying to help an iraqi wounded civilian! who turned out to be an insurgent and shot my best friend in the head, chest x 2. so when i return home the local council have given my MY HOME! to an iraqi refugee!

and as soon as i dare challenge the "mighty goverment" i was branded a Racist! so the people would not side with me. now i have a stupid civi job earning just enough to pay my mortgage. homes fit for heros? no.....heros fit for homes!

he`s ben gay for 5 years yet he was straight for 37,how is that predetermined

At a guess, your friend is probably bisexual. Although there have been cases of people living "in denial", cases where this actually extends into adulthood, with wives and children coming into play, are few and far between. Your friend almost certainly must have been attracted to women, at least a little, for that to have happened.

On the other hand, if he was one of those few exceptional cases...that doesn't make him straight. In fact, the fact that one marraige had already failed may indicate how unhappy he was being with women when he didn't really feel that way inclined. Being in denial didn't make him straight...he was still gay, was born gay, and always would be gay (or, as I am assuming, bisexual).

And Bootboy, as much as I do find your situation rather disgusting, and worry about the state our country is in even more after hearing it, it isn't really relevant here. If you'd like to discuss it, by all means start another thread about it.

Seems greatly unfair to a straight child to be forced to live that way and influenced into the gay culture.

Kratos, would you then propose that all children who are gay should then be taken away from their birth parents, and placed in the care of homosexual guardians, because you feel that it is "unfair" for those homosexual children to be "forced" into a "straight culture"?

Edited by Seraphina

705726[/snapback]

Equal rights?

Wheres mine! I served in Iraq twice, when i left the Royal Marines i returned home without my friend who was killed trying to help an iraqi wounded civilian! who turned out to be an insurgent and shot my best friend in the head, chest x 2. so when i return home the local council have given my MY HOME! to an iraqi refugee!

and as soon as i dare challenge the "mighty goverment" i was branded a Racist! so the people would not side with me. now i have a stupid civi job earning just enough to pay my mortgage. homes fit for heros? no.....heros fit for homes!

706928[/snapback]

BB, I am sorry to hear about your situation and understand what your saying but this has no relevence to this discussion.

Edited by XSAS

he`s ben gay for 5 years yet he was straight for 37,how is that predetermined

706940[/snapback]

Could well be that for those 37 years he was repressed, and only found the courage to come out as he felt that society was becoming less prejudiced? It's certainly far from unknown that people have married and brought up children, while never feeling that they were really fulfilled.