Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gays march through Europe demanding right to marry

Novo

he`s ben gay for 5 years yet he was straight for 37,how is that predetermined

706940[/snapback]

Could well be that for those 37 years he was repressed, and only found the courage to come out as he felt that society was becoming less prejudiced? It's certainly far from unknown that people have married and brought up children, while never feeling that they were really fulfilled.

707034[/snapback]

I should have stated his two mariages fell apart as his wives done the dirty on him behind his back ,he was one of the guys you always seen with a big smile on his face ,wife ,kid ,house and love,then nothing.

I was waiting for the time to post the rest so know here it is,his two wives got custody of the kids and he was alowed to see them one on a saturday and the other on a sunday,he always said that he never had any feelings towards the same sex ever,it was only one day after his second wife left for good that he let it all out at a party,the only person there that gave him suport and a shoulder to cry on was this man ,well u know the rest ,they have had a good 5 years together so far,my point though is he has told me that for 37 years he only ever looked and had those dirty thoughts about females never males,

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnakeProphet

• Seraphina

• JennRose

• __Kratos__

In that case, it's quite possible that he's undergoing the same psuedo-homosexualty that you sometimes find in rape victims. After a traumatic experience involving men, some women lapse into a state where they turn to women for emotional attachments, because they no longer feel sexually comfortable with men. This is a temporary responce, and is purely psychological. Your friend may simple be experiencing the male equivilant.

Or, as is far more likely, he's simply bisexual, as I proposed earlier, and simply took some time to accept it.

In that case, it's quite possible that he's undergoing the same psuedo-homosexualty that you sometimes find in rape victims. After a traumatic experience involving men, some women lapse into a state where they turn to women for emotional attachments, because they no longer feel sexually comfortable with men. This is a temporary responce, and is purely psychological. Your friend may simple be experiencing the male equivilant.

Or, as is far more likely, he's simply bisexual, as I proposed earlier, and simply took some time to accept it.

707057[/snapback]

o........k i was about to say something along them lines lol

stealing my thunder! angry.gif

I didn't steal your thunder. I just borrowed it.

707057[/snapback]

Or could it be your words were wrong and you cant exept it,dont believe everything you read out a book or are told at school or uni,look at peoples lives around you and make up your own mind ,i have the proof from their mouths,someone you have never seen or spoken to but you can tell them and me what the score is.

Its okay to be wrong and admit it know and again,we are all human and prone to mistakes,its having the guts to do it

Or could it be your words were wrong and you cant exept it,dont believe everything you read out a book or are told at school or uni,look at peoples lives around you and make up your own mind ,i have the proof from their mouths,someone you have never seen or spoken to but you can tell them and me what the score is.

707065[/snapback]

A lot of times people are the last to know what is really going on within themselves, especially in a society that tries so hard to dictate our thoughts, actions and preferances. It often takes an outside and objective source to help a person come to terms with what's really happening. Seraphina's ideas seem very valid to me...and besides, they are just suggestions, not a professional diagnosis.

Edited by JennRose

707065[/snapback]

A lot of times people are the last to know what is really going on within themselves, especially in a society that tries so hard to dictate our thoughts, ations and preferances. It often takes an outside and objective source to help a person come to terms with what's really happening. Seraphina's ideas seem very valid to me...and besides, they are just suggestions, she's not trying to diagnose.

707214[/snapback]

yeah ur right

So you mean if I'm gay and want to be straight there is no chance for me,since my genes don't allow it?

If you were gay, why would you want to be straight?

I don't know any gay people who would ever consider wanting to be straight. It's just who they are.

I don't know any gay people who would ever consider wanting to be straight. It's just who they are.

707325[/snapback]

saying that i had a friend who hated himself for been gay and he begged me to help him be straight *god i was like a pimp that week*

It sure must be possible that gays want to be straight.

See example above.

It sure must be possible that gays want to be straight.

See example above.

707333[/snapback]

but i said to him "do what makes you happy" but he said im sure im gay but! im not happy about it

Likely because of the prejudice that still surrounds the gay lifestyle.

This thread is a perfect example that there are still a lot of people who don't like, understand or tolerate homosexuals.

Likely because of the prejudice that still surrounds the gay lifestyle.

This thread is a perfect example that there are still a lot of people who don't like, understand or tolerate homosexuals.

707350[/snapback]

as much as it hurts to tell YOU this maybe your right, h's a great guy tho. and i admit i used to have a big! problem with gays. but hey lifes too short to hold grudges. so i say be who you are cos u only got 1 shot at it.

So you mean if I'm gay and want to be straight there is no chance for me,since my genes don't allow it?

Pretty much. Being straight or gay is very much like being right or left handed (although, stictly speaking, there is a difference in that sexuality is the result of hormines, rather than anything that's actually written into your genetic code). A vast majority of people are right handed....some are left handed...and some are ambidextrious tongue.gif

There`s confusion and there`s confusion ,i think im starting to get confused blink.gif do you think im turning gay sad.gif

Pretty much. Being straight or gay is very much like being right or left handed (although, stictly speaking, there is a difference in that sexuality is the result of hormines, rather than anything that's actually written into your genetic code). A vast majority of people are right handed....some are left handed...and some are ambidextrious

Ambidextriousity can be learned if I remember correctly?

And I'm rather sure that left-handed people can turn right-handed and the other way round.If you can get rid of the habit by constantly,counciously watching yourself,then you effectivly turned left/right-handed ,right?

Warden, as I have attempted to explain, you cannot simply "turn" gay. Nobody wakes up one morning and says "hey, I know. I'll be gay." Anymore than someone (except Michael Jackson) wakes up and says "hey, I know, I'll be black/white/asian."

If you can get rid of the habit by constantly,counciously watching yourself,then you effectivly turned left/right-handed ,right?

It is possible for a left handed/right handed person to use their other hand, yes...but they would never learn to do so very effectivly, and would still find it awkward and uncomfortable. Having a dominant hand has nothing to do with muscles, or something that can be trained or switched off...it's actually something that involves the manner in which your brain operates, whch is evident in the fact that left handed people often show higher right brain activity than left, and vica versa (insase you're unaware, the left side of the body is controled by the right side of the brain, with the right side of the body controled by the left of the brain tongue.gif).

It's much the same with homosexuality. It is possible to live "in denial"...but very few people are able to keep up such an act for long. At the end of the day, if you're gay you're gay...it's not like turning off a light switch. The taboo that still exists against homosexuality does cause a lot of people to stay in the closet, sometimes even into their adult lives...but they often still indulge in homosexual activities behind closed doors.

What on earth is your problem with homosexuals anyway? huh.gif Are you so prejudiced that you can't bear the fact that they're not going to magically convert to being straight? huh.gif

Edited by Seraphina

Warden, as I have attempted to explain, you cannot simply "turn" gay. Nobody wakes up one morning and says "hey, I know. I'll be gay." Anymore than someone (except Michael Jackson) wakes up and says "hey, I know, I'll be black/white/asian."

707374[/snapback]

cant you see a joke when it is running half way up your a-se Ser tongue.gif

I dont want to burst your bubble but when you use the word (nobody) are you refering to the gay people you have met and asked or are you refering to every gay in the world ,you are starting to speak for every gay in the world,

Could it work the other way round: does anyone think it's possible for a kid to grow up thinking, or at least wondering if he might be, gay, but then for the 'right woman', if you like, to come along and convince him that that's where he's happiest?

are you refering to the gay people you have met and asked or are you refering to every gay in the world ,you are starting to speak for every gay in the world

I'm refering to every gay in the world. You see, science has known the exact cause of homosexuality for some time now. Saying "you can't apply that to every individual", is like saying I can't say that black people were born black, some of them might have instead magically shifted skin colour during the night.

I think in some situations homosexuality CAN be a choice, but that it's also genetic on others. I know many lesbains who have been so all their lives, but I also know a few that, for many reasons, only developed these tendancies when they couldn't find a satisfactory love with men. It is human nature to want to be loved so I think you will find it wherever you can sometimes.

It is possible for a left handed/right handed person to use their other hand, yes...but they would never learn to do so very effectivly, and would still find it awkward and uncomfortable. Having a dominant hand has nothing to do with muscles, or something that can be trained or switched off...it's actually something that involves the manner in which your brain operates

Is it possible to change the manner in which your brain operates?

What on earth is your problem with homosexuals anyway? Are you so prejudiced that you can't bear the fact that they're not going to magically convert to being straight?

It has nothing to do with homosexuals.We can use the left/right-handed issue if you're more comfortable with that.

are you refering to the gay people you have met and asked or are you refering to every gay in the world ,you are starting to speak for every gay in the world

I'm refering to every gay in the world. You see, science has known the exact cause of homosexuality for some time now. Saying "you can't apply that to every individual", is like saying I can't say that black people were born black, some of them might have instead magically shifted skin colour during the night.

707385[/snapback]

We all know what science has shown us,but not every gay that is gay or became gay after some years contains the x or y factor,as every gay in the world has not been tested ,so back to your point ,you say everyone in the world,are you sure