Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Climate and the collapse of the Mayan civilization

4 posts in this topic

UM-Bot
mayan.jpg
With their magnificent architecture and sophisticated knowledge of astronomy and mathematics, the Maya boasted one of the great cultures of the ancient world.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: American Scientist

ROGER

This was a long article, but the last line about seeing how past cultures reacted to major climate changes and learnig from them was a good lesson. I have said before that it would not take much to destroy the North Americans way of life as it is now. Rising sea levels, volcanic action, and earth quacks could wipe us out in a generation or less.

They say there are some Government built sanctuarys built in the mountains some where, but that is for the upper level government people. The rest of us are on our own.

AztecInca

^Thats great to know Roger, those with power and money will be ok while the rest of us are left to perish in the event if a catastrophic event.

ROGER

grin2.gif The first 18 years of my life I lived and worked a farm. I have had many jobs over the years since then, but one truth still holds true, no mater what social environment you live in. Or what your job is.

Some One Still Has To Shovel The Manure! The Rich and Powerful still need a few Sheep, Slaves, Manual laborers or what ever you call us.

If you keep your expectations LOW, you will always have a Job. thumbsup.gif