Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

South African wrestles leopard to save youth's lif

Althalus

GOTTENBERG, South Africa (AFP) - A villager in South Africa saved a young boy's life after wrestling a leopard to the ground by jamming his fingers in the beast's mouth, local media reported.

The 52-year-old braveheart of Gottenberg village in eastern South Africa is recovering in hospital after his arms, hands and feet had been savaged.

Abner Mokone was taking a nap in a field Friday afternoon when he heard a commotion, The Star newspaper reported, quoting the local African Eye News Service.

"I went to investigate and found a group of people who said the dogs were barking at a leopard. Suddenly a youth came running out of the bush, screaming, with the leopard hot on his heels," Mokone said.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Halo_Jones

• Lillian416

• LittleL

Top Posters In This Topic

What a brave guy, most people would turn and run if they saw a big cat come running out of the bushes, I know I would.

I would!!! I would tackle the big cat to the ground, and not think twice! That is if iwasn't probably one forth of the big cat's weight.

The only time I would be doing that is if the cat caught me, and let me tell you I can run!! If I ever were caught, I would literally jam my thumbs in it's eyes and do what this guy did, anything to break free. Sounds cruel, but I don't want to die!! wacko.gifunsure.giforiginal.gif

I think it is a very brave thing that this guy did. My only concern is why did the cat start chasing the boy in the first place? And why did the boy stab the poor cat to death? At least the man didn't try to kill it when he stopped it by putting his thumbs in the cat's mouth.

You'd like to think you'd do the right thing. It is not likley to happen in US. That was a man amoung men though.