Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This happens if you don't confess...

_hAiLO_

A Christian Confession would be when a person would enter a Church and confess all his or her sins to God through a man opposite a covering so you don't see his face. The point is to make you repent your sins.

1 paragraph of strange occurences, 2 that tell the consequences of people who don't confess.

I got a story, you can walk out now or read. Its long, but I hope its good. I am in this meeting in someones house with people I know and friends I've always met. We are having a meeting or a discussion of what we will do for our next BLD, or Youth Encounter #4. I was in Youth Encounter #3. It was this weekend long session where you spend the weekend developing a relationship with God by telling stories, crying, hugging each other, singing, and 'connecting with the Holy Spirit'. Strange happenings occured in there to my friends in the seminar and church. The occurences, I was told, was that they successfully connected to the holy spirit. However none occured to me.....my first Skeptical Joint.

Now during the meeting, the wife of the BLD Administrator told a story if you don't go to confession. She said it all happened in a church after the communion for the kids was wrapping up. All the kids in the Church did not go to confession, you know how kids these days are, lazy. So when things were being final, the kids started doing strange things. She said that one kid had blood red eyes and was banging on the Organ with his hands. Two kids were slithering around the church floor, literally like snakes. One kid was hopping around just like a frog would do, and another girl was on the floor on her back, kicking and screaming. And as expected, everyones eyes were blood red. --so this happens when you don't go to confession?

She goes on to tell us that one day in church, everyone was going to pray for this one man for his problems. Everyone stood around the man and set their arms high in the air, palms faceing the man. Now when one man set his palm to the dierection of the person they were praying for, he instantly flew backward and hit the wall that was behind him...yup, she said he literelly 'flew'. The woman who told the story said that some people went over to him and said if he was okay, the woman said she went over to him and asked him if he ever went to confession, she claimed he said 'no'.

I'm sorry to be so skeptical, but I gotta be honest and speak my mind. I trust people and everything, but I can't believe a story that preposterous. I think that everything she said was a dump druck <explicit> load of bull<explicit>. I was so skeptical.

But then I said to my self, "What intentinos does she have to tell this <explicit> load of lies?". I felt like she had no reason to lie to us. And if she were to drag us deeping into Christianity, I would think that she wouldn't do it because it was full of lies, or tell a story even she woulnd't believe in. I'm Christian enough, thank you...I don't want to fall for what I perceive as a scare tactic.

So what do you all think? I welcome responses from everyone with various beliefs, Believer, Agnostic or Skeptic.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _hAiLO_

• Sherapy

• Nxt2Hvn

• isis-999

Hailo I would tell you that your internal guidance system is working very well, if you sensed this was a scare tactic story, would you want a relationship with God that is based in fear?????? I say trust trust trust your intuition because thats the part of you that is closest to God and theres a darn good chance it'll never steer you wrong, I can tell you this you do not I repeat do not need religion to have a relationship with God, I am walking living breathing proof of that. Ask God yourself which is the best way for you to get to Him/her and let me know what happens, Namaste Sheri berri

Thanks for the input Sheri berri, I'll think it over. Sometimes I think what got this woman lying, or if she is even lying. My sensors tell me that she is, but your still right. People don't need religion to live a great life and a great relationship with God (the Christian one in this matter).

I admit I do not know exactly how religion and things are in the U.S, but the whole dependence on the Holy Spirit thing (crying, hugging, hands in the air) is very Charismatic. While confessional is solely Catholic (at least in Australia).

That aside, no one at my Anglican church goes to confessional, and I admit I haven't really looked for it, but I haven't seen any snake slithering and head bashing going on grin2.gif

I personally do not believe confessional is needed, and like Sherri ask you to use your common sense.

All the best,

Hailo, that is a classic scare story. Its great to throw that one at a group of young impressionable people who have just gone through an emotionally draining experieince, like your 'youth encounter'. The crying, hugging, evangelistical atmosphere lends credence to these supposed horror stories of what could happen to you if you'don't follow the rules'.

In other words, she was lying through her teeth.

Yeah, my gut feeling says so. I feel dissapointed in two ways. These people think they got me shakin in my shoes, that dissapoints me. Then there is the part where I wish it actually did happen to me, but you know...you can't believe it until you see it. Unfortunatly, it has to 'happen' to you, hell it even happens to Skeptics and they are still skeptical.

I smell a scheme going on, but I guess its best not to poke at it, but to go your own way and your own gut feeling, eh? laugh.gif

Hail O I used to hear these amazing stories from people I knew and respected about miracles , One friend went to a holy site and her rosary beads turned gold, My son spoke to an angel, another friend had an angel talk to him in a laundry mat, etc... I was envious I wanted somthing like that happen to me and a friend told me the only thing standing between me and a miracle was my beliefs,( I believed in the possibilitie of miracles just not happeneing to me) I was athiest at the time so praying was out, but I prayed anyways and lets just say my prayer was answered and I don't even recognize the person I once was I would suggest that you ask and have that " Faith of a mustard seed" and you'll be writing a topic called Hail O's miracle story. Namaste Sheri

A Christian Confession would be when a person would enter a Church and confess all his or her sins to God through a man opposite a covering so you don't see his face. The point is to make you repent your sins.

I'm sorry to be so skeptical, but I gotta be honest and speak my mind. I trust people and everything, but I can't believe a story that preposterous. I think that everything she said was a dump druck <explicit> load of bull<explicit>. I was so skeptical.

But then I said to my self, "What intentinos does she have to tell this <explicit> load of lies?". I felt like she had no reason to lie to us. And if she were to drag us deeping into Christianity, I would think that she wouldn't do it because it was full of lies, or tell a story even she woulnd't believe in. I'm Christian enough, thank you...I don't want to fall for what I perceive as a scare tactic.

So what do you all think? I welcome responses from everyone with various beliefs, Believer, Agnostic or Skeptic.

702668[/snapback]

People are very suggestable.

A doctor went back to check out the voodoo thing. He said the witchdoctors used a drug similar to the blowfish poison to make a person appear dead. After they bury the guy, the witch doctor digs him up. SInce the person wasn't really dead, he recovers conciousness... here is the interesting and relevant part. Because of the conditioning of superstition and suggestion the victim actually believes he has to do what the witchdoctor tells him.

We believe what we want to believe. Mesmerism and hypnotsim use the same methods as faith healers. There certainly is a power in FAITH which is why placebos work.

Some people use "fear" to control other people. My God is a God of love though. Jesus taught that. But we should fear the consequences of doing evil. People do reap what they sow. If you do good things with your life you become a good person. If you do bad things you become a bad person. The results are reward and punishment enough in terms of self esteem and respect of others.

Who wants to live a life of being the "fastest gun" always watching your back for the next fastest gun, meaner badder person just waiting to stab you in the back and take your place? Rule in hell ? For how long? I love serving in heaven. The joy on the faces of the people you help. their thanks and appreciation for services rendered. To love and be loved , sound great to me.

Sheri berri, one of these occurences happened to you? Sometimes I also pondered that your beliefs mattered if something 'holy' were to happen to you. Well, I still believe in my God. But lets just say I had eye witnessed a mild occurence....I guess thats one of the only things that hold me up to my faith, and the fact that almost everyone I befriend (including my family/relatives) shares the same faith. But the only thing that keeps me skeptical these days are the lack of evidence I seek sad.gif .

GodsMessenger, I sort of understand what your saying. Is it like a good person does good things, a bad person does bad things, and a spiritual person does spiritual things, and maybe witness spiritual occurances? I do however understand how it feels good to love and be loved (maybe laugh.gif ).

The way I believe is that you confess all your sins to GOD and GOD alone.. not through a man.... confess your sins and ask for forgiveness... and you can do it anywhere not just in church.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)

this story sounds like a classic Catholic church "scare tactic". You can talk to God yourself, I do it all the time! thumbsup.gif plus everybody has things that they wouldnt want to tell the rev. , thats why talking to God personally is much easier, better, and God is allways available thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the input Sheri berri, I'll think it over. Sometimes I think what got this woman lying, or if she is even lying. My sensors tell me that she is, but your still right. People don't need religion to live a great life and a great relationship with God (the Christian one in this matter).

702813[/snapback]

Hailo_ all god wants if for you to believe and be a good person accept the fact his son died for your sins as well as mine,you do not need to go to church to know GOD that is a personal relationship, we each have our own way of loving him for me , i am not afraid to say see i believe even if others say they do not, i even had a cross tatt. on my back that was personal for me, so you do what you feel is right and do not let anyone tell you that you are wrong, its whats in you heart and soul that matters! original.gifwink2.gifinnocent.gif

Why would you have to confess to god when god knows your sins already? If you actually repent your sins it will come from the heart and god will know you are being truthful. If you go to a confessional you can confess all the sins you have committed but if it doesnt come from the heart what good would it do to confess to a preacher. Alot of people confess and then they go right back to doing the same sin they just confessed about i dont think thats what god wants. I think its more important to repent your sins and not do them again then to confess to another man. Preachers are no more holy then u and I so why confess to another sinner.

The way I believe is that you confess all your sins to GOD and GOD alone.. not through a man.... confess your sins and ask for forgiveness... and you can do it anywhere not just in church.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)

704712[/snapback]

Amen and Amen thumbsup.gif

Sheri berri, one of these occurences happened to you? Sometimes I also pondered that your beliefs mattered if something 'holy' were to happen to you. Well, I still believe in my God. But lets just say I had eye witnessed a mild occurence....I guess thats one of the only things that hold me up to my faith, and the fact that almost everyone I befriend (including my family/relatives) shares the same faith. But the only thing that keeps me skeptical these days are the lack of evidence I seek sad.gif .

GodsMessenger, I sort of understand what your saying. Is it like a good person does good things, a bad person does bad things, and a spiritual person does spiritual things, and maybe witness spiritual occurances? I do however understand how it feels good to love and be loved (maybe laugh.gif ).

704701[/snapback]

Hail O yes an occurance did happen to me. A very big occurance I might add God talked to me ( or something of a divine nature) If your interested I'll share the story if not thats kool too, the point is this can happen to you also you don't need to do anything except ask, thats all I did I barely if at all had the faith of a mustard seed (that whole thing) that idea came after I was very skeptical and Atheist to boot, I'm a very humbled beautiful person now but i still don't do religion its not God, This is the truth I hope you get that if nothing else, so ask and tell me what happens.

Hailo_ all god wants if for you to believe and be a good person accept the fact his son died for your sins as well as mine,you do not need to go to church to know GOD that is a personal relationship, we each have our own way of loving him for me , i am not afraid to say see i believe even if others say they do not, i even had a cross tatt. on my back that was personal for me, so you do what you feel is right and do not let anyone tell you that you are wrong, its whats in you heart and soul that matters! original.gif  wink2.gif  innocent.gif

707571[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice, the more I get the better. Right now, I think a lot of the topic you and others have mentioned above. Right now, i'm in a dilemma figuring out if Christianity is really for me hmm.gif . I will stay spiritual, but the religous factor has been thought about in my mind a lot these past few days because YE4(religous seminar) is coming.

Why would you have to confess to god when god knows your sins already? If you actually repent your sins it will come from the heart and god will know you are being truthful. If you go to a confessional you can confess all the sins you have committed  but if it doesnt come from the heart what good would it do to confess to a preacher. Alot of people confess and then they go right back to doing the same sin they just confessed about i dont think thats what god wants. I think its more important to repent your sins and not do them again then to confess to another man.  Preachers are no more holy then u and I so why confess to another sinner.

707606[/snapback]

You have a point there, I was thinking about this the last time I went to confession with my friends. I felt like even though I prayed for forgiveness from all the sins i've commited in that day, and yet I still have to go to a Church and tell this man my sins.

Scriptures on confessing and forgiveness...

Psalm 103:8 (King James Version)

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy

Psalm 32:5 (King James Version)

I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

hailo_ do what is in your heart do not worry about what people call it just love and believe in GOD you will be ok and peace will come to you ISIS wink2.gif