Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Bush's Speech

__Kratos__

Did you think Bush's speech was good?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did you think Bush's speech was good?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Didn't Watch It

I found it was one of the best speechs that man has ever given to the American people. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• First of Two

• Commander CMG

• jeceris

• I am me

Top Posters In This Topic

``Sending more Americans would undermine our strategy of encouraging Iraqis to take the lead in this fight,'' Bush said.

Does Bush have ANY idea what that wording suggests?????

``And sending more Americans would suggest that we intend to stay forever.''

And yet, continually saying it's time to go and not leaving- doesn't. I dealt with Bush as a Governor and a president and I still wonder if he's capable of getting the hint...

He also said Iraqis must be reassured that ``America will not leave before the job is done.''

In other words, Bush is planning to not send in new troops, but has not presented a timetable for when the troops already there are getting out... Anyone seen Platoon?

In an evening address from an Army base that has 9,300 troops in Iraq, Bush acknowledged the toll of the 27-month-old war. At the same time, he aimed to convince skeptical Americans that his ``clear path forward'' to victory needs only time - not any changes - to be successful.

Ok, we haven't won yet? What is there left to win, anyways- Bush lied about weapons, never found them... but he caught Saddam, successfully elected a new leader, avoided being tried as a war criminal, and blinded so many people that we were stupid enough to re-elect him. WHAT CHALLENGE IS THERE LEFT FOR HIM TO CONQUER?

Bush said he knows Americans are questioning whether the heavy sacrifices in Iraq - more than 1,700 Americans dead - are worth it. ``It is worth it, and it is vital to the future security of our country,'' he said.

Why does it not occour to Bush that these people have been asking him to back-up this statement for the entire 27 months, as well as most of the pre-war? Someone get him to answer!

``The terrorists do not understand America. The American people do not falter under threat - and we will not allow our future to be determined by car bombers and assassins.''

Is this coming from the same man who introduced the Patriot Act, TIPS, homeleand security, the repeal of every tax that promoted class equality, gas price gouging... god dammit, I just depressed myself.

``The only way our enemies can succeed is if we forget the lessons of Sept. 11 - if we abandon the Iraqi people to men like Zarqawi and if we yield the future of the Middle East to men like bin Laden.''

Once again, wording- read this again, and tell me and tell me what this sounds like...

``For the sake of our nation's security, this will not happen on my watch,''

Again.

Bottom line- if this is really one of Bush's best speeches, then I would hate to see what passes for a BAD Bush speech. Think about how much of his stuff was contradictory, and how much of it sounded like he was saying that he wants to pick a fight with the middle east, and I would say that it's about time he fires his speech writer.

Wow two very different opinions. One for Two your opinion was a little more justified with quotes and what not. I personally dont like bush and think he's kind of an idiot. I think who ever is writing his speechs is getting a HUGE kick outta seeing the worlds most powerful man look like a stutterin bafoon.

I found it was one of the best speechs that man has ever given to the American people. thumbsup.gif

704435[/snapback]

Didnt see the speech kratos,any chance of a link thumbsup.gif

Wow two very different opinions. One for Two your opinion was a little more justified with quotes and what not. I personally dont like bush and think he's kind of an idiot. I think who ever is writing his speechs is getting a HUGE kick outta seeing the worlds most powerful man look like a stutterin bafoon.

704851[/snapback]

Yeah, but JINX- The Daily Show owes me a soda! They said a lot of the same things I did on the parts they quoted during today's show after I finished that post. But it's nice to see that, between them and at least one person agreeing me on this forum, I'm not the only person who thinks Bush should fire his speech writer. Maybe the rest of his spin doctors too, since his spin doctor's obviously a chimp for not catching all of this.

I hate Bush, too- seriously, don't get me started on him. But even I feel some pity that his own people aren't showing enough respect for him to do better than making him look like he does. These people are supposed to be the people he trusts with his life, and they're doing this...

Didn't watch it and don't really give a damn.

Bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush (Sick to deah of his name)!!! .. are there any people out there that are planning to assassinate him? There hasto be some..

Bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush (Sick to deah of his name)!!!  .. are there any people out there that are planning to assassinate him? There hasto be some..

705203[/snapback]

Are you paying?

there was part of it on our news for some reason and at one point he said 'were there to get rid of all the terrorists' or something like that, anyways to do that u might as well kill off the entire middle east =/ cuz im pretty sure the way america is treating them all right now is just angering them to the bone tongue.gif

704851[/snapback]

Yeah, but JINX- The Daily Show owes me a soda! They said a lot of the same things I did on the parts they quoted during today's show after I finished that post. But it's nice to see that, between them and at least one person agreeing me on this forum, I'm not the only person who thinks Bush should fire his speech writer. Maybe the rest of his spin doctors too, since his spin doctor's obviously a chimp for not catching all of this.

I hate Bush, too- seriously, don't get me started on him. But even I feel some pity that his own people aren't showing enough respect for him to do better than making him look like he does. These people are supposed to be the people he trusts with his life, and they're doing this...

704922[/snapback]

Does Bush even deserve respect? The guy is a horrible president. He sure does have a lot of people in the USA fooled though.

smokescreen

doubletalk

lipservice

approval rating

rhetoric

psychobabble

b******s

spam

lies

704851[/snapback]

704922[/snapback]

Does Bush even deserve respect? The guy is a horrible president. He sure does have a lot of people in the USA fooled though.

705244[/snapback]

Not really- Areas that are largely pro-bush are, as a whole, communities where they still live in the "good ol, days"- aka, the rich are exploiting the poor, a bigger gun makes you a better man, and the country fell apart when segregation was deemed immoral and illegal. Bush's destructively racist and elitist rhetoric has been their creed for years- it's hardly a good reflection on our country, and it's definitely not saying much about Bush.

Makes me sick, really- not to mention that at least some of the crap I've been through personally courtesy of Bush and his "good ol' boy" supporters makes me not very happy with this country right now.

Bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush (Sick to deah of his name)!!!  .. are there any people out there that are planning to assassinate him? There hasto be some..

705203[/snapback]

Are you paying?

705211[/snapback]

GOOD GOD man.. watch what you say! I know we have free speech here, and though you are not alone in hating him, there are so many eyes and ears out there looking for those exact words!! Just don't wanna see you thrown in jail or worse!

ph34r.gif

705203[/snapback]

Are you paying?

705211[/snapback]

GOOD GOD man.. watch what you say! I know we have free speech here, and though you are not alone in hating him, there are so many eyes and ears out there looking for those exact words!! Just don't wanna see you thrown in jail or worse!

ph34r.gif

705984[/snapback]

yah, u gotta watch ur words disgust.gif

So what was the point of his message exactly??? That we are in Iraq to stay!! Without any time table to pull out the troops we might as well make it the 51st state. If the insurgent attacks continue to happen for dozens of years does that mean we will occupy the country that entire time? The longer we stay the more the Iraq people will feel we are conquering their country instead of just helping them out. Once more and more get that in their head the attacks will just keep increasing and getting worse and worse. He just doesnt want to get out becuase he doesnt want to admit he was wrong for going in there in the first place. We laughed at the Iraq General who kept telling his troops they were winning when Cheney is is doing the same thing. He says its all going great and the resistance is dying down yet the US General in Iraq claimed the exact opposite. Our currevt govt is a joke and its a shame we are letting them ruin our country

For those of us that missed the wonderest speechclick here.

Sometimes I think Bush is working to topple the US government. Where is all that money being spent to improve roads, schools and health care in Iraq coming from. Not from Bush's rich buddies that he gave all those tax cut too. Think about that next time you hit a pot hole, see your kid's school cut out band or when you can't pay for that prescription you need, because you the company you work for can't afford health insurance any more.

Bush uses fear of terrorism to keep us under his thumb. I think FDR was right "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." I am not as worried about terrorism as much as I am worried about what Bush is doing to this country. angry.gif

We need to get out of Iraq. That invasion is like invading Canada just because they sell cheaper prescription medicine. Get a life, Mr. Bush and bring our troops home NOW! No WMD at all, and our children are being killed and you have NO compassion for that fact. A war of a personal agenda is all this is.