Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

York Hospital, Australia

Tia

These are just a few paragraphs from the story, it's quiet long and includes 3 adults versions of what happened.

Link... http://www.castleofspirits.com/yorkhospital.html

All seemed fairly quiet when Maureen cried out that there was a thing near the door, no-one else saw anything but Maureen took another of the strange turns. It was really something quite terrible to see, this complete change from an attractive, happy well-known friend into an unrecognizable, almost grotesque creature.

Even as they watched, Vinny started screaming and appeared to be fighting with herself. Suddenly she was shouting to them. "Why didn't you help me?" They looked at her in astonishment. "Well, you must have heard me - I was screaming." She held her throat. "Didn't you see her? She had me by the throat. She tried to kill me."

Joan said it must have been a nightmare. Vinny hotly denied this. How could it be when she was wide awake. And she proved it too by repeating everything the others had said. And when they looked at her throat they saw a bruise where Vinny said she felt something ripping her.

After Maureen arrived back from the pool, another of the girls went to her. The girl was very distressed and said there was blood under the stairway. There was too. Several watched this totally unexplained phenomenon. The blood appeared to ooze through the surface of the underneath section of the stairway. It was not daubed or smeared on. There was no visible sign of any human action involved.

user posted image

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carrie Anne

• Tia

• EDW74

• isis-999

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's an eerie looking old building, but without any evidence, who can affirm or deny the testimonials?

It would be interesting to know if any studies were ever undertaken there.

The only info I could find was that it was sold to a private concern in 1998 and is not open to the public. hmm.gif

this is one of those storys you can never really tell about i would like to know if anyone has done any research, i wonder why someone would buy it and just let it sit there hmm.gif

Probably heritage listed.

The fact that there was so many witnesses and it wasn't used to make money leads me to believe that there may be something to this story.

:: Old York Hospital ::

[attachmentid=16081]

This haunted location was built in 1894-95 to accommodate the ever growing number of sick prospectors from the Goldfields. It ceased to operate as a hospital in 1963. It is now for sale. Approx $500,000 AU.

This was all I could find....

Old York Hospital

post-16841-1120094571_thumb.jpg

It looks beautiful mellow.gif

Awesome story thumbsup.gif

• 6 months later...

These are just a few paragraphs from the story, it's quiet long and includes 3 adults versions of what happened.

All seemed fairly quiet when Maureen cried out that there was a thing near the door, no-one else saw anything but Maureen took another of the strange turns. It was really something quite terrible to see, this complete change from an attractive, happy well-known friend into an unrecognizable, almost grotesque creature.

Even as they watched, Vinny started screaming and appeared to be fighting with herself. Suddenly she was shouting to them. "Why didn't you help me?" They looked at her in astonishment. "Well, you must have heard me - I was screaming." She held her throat. "Didn't you see her? She had me by the throat. She tried to kill me."

Joan said it must have been a nightmare. Vinny hotly denied this. How could it be when she was wide awake. And she proved it too by repeating everything the others had said. And when they looked at her throat they saw a bruise where Vinny said she felt something ripping her.

After Maureen arrived back from the pool, another of the girls went to her. The girl was very distressed and said there was blood under the stairway. There was too. Several watched this totally unexplained phenomenon. The blood appeared to ooze through the surface of the underneath section of the stairway. It was not daubed or smeared on. There was no visible sign of any human action involved.

user posted image

user posted image

Oh good lord! That must have been horrific for her! I cannot even imagine going through such a horrible experience :(

user posted image

I read the whole thing, and I am freaking out, seriously. That is some scary sh**. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I would have stayed any longer after finding the blood. Sorry, NO WAY!!!! OMG!!!!

Probably heritage listed.

The fact that there was so many witnesses and it wasn't used to make money leads me to believe that there may be something to this story.

You know the difference between a good girl and a nice girl?

A god girl goes home and goes to bed, a nice girl goes to bed, then goes home!

Sorry to have gotten off topic, but I couldn't resist.

You know the difference between a good girl and a nice girl?

A god girl goes home and goes to bed, a nice girl goes to bed, then goes home!

Sorry to have gotten off topic, but I couldn't resist.

oh Ed, Ed, Ed.... :no: What in the world does this have to do with the price of eggs in China? Seems I am not the ONLY fruitcake around ;)

oh Ed, Ed, Ed.... :no: What in the world does this have to do with the price of eggs in China? Seems I am not the ONLY fruitcake around ;)

I'm not a fruitcake! I'm a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!

and it has to do with her sig.

Edited by EDW74

I'm not a fruitcake! I'm a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!

and it has to do with her sig.

:wacko: You never know....you sure hit the nail on the head with that one :P:innocent::whistle:

And surely by now you know how closely I pay attention to signatures......hehehe :rofl::D:lol:

:wacko: You never know....you sure hit the nail on the head with that one :P:innocent::whistle:

And surely by now you know how closely I pay attention to signatures......hehehe :rofl::D:lol:

Ido, I do...... :yes:

• 5 weeks later...

user posted image

oi oi oi! i live in perth near york in australia. i've stayed there once when in primary school. i never felt anything paranormal but have heard many stories. i spoke to a lady down there who knows the new owners. they been there 3 yrs, were sceptical but too much wierd sh** has happened; partitioning falling over and such. i've also heard of dripping sounds near the stairs where they found an old lady hangin'. i was there recently and took many photos. the last one i took (just after my camera cut out, mind you) was of my girlfriend and i. upon examination with my computer we believe we may have caught something wierd in one of the windows! an old man pointing out toward us maybe! if ya want the pic i can send it to ya.

• 8 years later...

I worked on this place in early 2013 re doing the shingle roof.. its privately owned now for a few years and they do live in the building.. They did invite us in to look around but seeing as that its their home i wont go to much detail about the interior.. but its pretty spooky.. cold drafts and cats going apeshit, fuzzy feelings and just a sense of something else.. the couple that live there dont seem to be bothered by the stories or they just seem not to care but we tried not to ask them t many questions as they are elderly.. but while working on the exterior you notice that the birds tend to avoid the roof, maybe because we were up there but even in the mornings before anyone was up there they wouldnt be anywhere near it but on the other houses.. when working on a side on my own or on the balconies i was always a bit weirded out by thinking i was being watched from the windows but i never saw or heard anything strange.. i dint even know it was supposedly haunted untill we there for over a week.. i do have photos from inside the hospital wards, surgey, "the dying room" as its called, the office, kitchen and mortuary outside, and all photos have a wird double exposure kind of like an overlap of the same photo,, like when you cross your eyes and you see doubl if you know what i mean...?

Well this turned into a train wreck.

I think she could have been just really scared and went into some sort of asthma attack or something like that, a fugue type of state and freaked everyone out.

Just goes to show that anything is possible and it doesn't necessary have a reasonable explaination. :yes: