Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Big Enchilada'

Nxt2Hvn

Mom Has Big Baby No. 3, 'Big Enchilada'

By JOHN HARTZELL

Associated Press Writer

MILWAUKEE — Weighing in at 13 pounds, 12 ounces, Delaney Jessica Buzzell isn't your average newborn. Her parents have even dubbed her the "Big Enchilada." The baby headed home Tuesday after being delivered by Caesarean section on June 23 — a surprising three weeks early.

Her family isn't quite sure what to make of her weight. The father is 6-foot-2 and the mother is 5-foot-7, and nurse Judy Nadolski described them as "regular-sized."

"We're pretty normal," 34-year-old Paul Buzzell said.

Nadolski said carrying the baby in her arms was like holding a 4- or 5-month-old infant. The diapers and baby T-shirts also were a little on the snug side.

"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said. "It had quite an appetite."

This isn't the first supersized baby for Paul and Robin Buzzell, from suburban Mequon.

Their now-4-year-old daughter, Cameron, was born weighing 11 pounds, 8 ounces, and their second child, Alexis, now 2, weighed in at 10 pounds, 8 ounces when she was born.

When Cameron was born, Paul Buzzell said he posted a sign on the door that said "Home of the Whopper." When their second child was born, Buzzell put up a sign describing her as "Whopper Jr."

With the birth of the "Big Enchilada," the Buzzells say their family is now complete.

"This will be the last one," Paul Buzzell said.

The child weighs near double the average newborn. And according to the National Center for Health Statistics, less than 1 percent of babies weigh more than 11 pounds at birth.

___

Associated Press writer Ryan Nakashima in Milwaukee also contributed to this report.

SOURCE/LINK

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• Commander CMG

• twpdyp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe if they cut back on their obvious obsession with fast food the babies wouldn't be so huge.

I'm just sayin'...

Maybe if they cut back on their obvious obsession with fast food the babies wouldn't be so huge. 

I'm just sayin'...

705879[/snapback]

lmao... thats exactly what I was thinking!! Damn soy burgers at fast food joints!!

I know a guy that was over 11 pounds when he was born and he blamed that on his mother never really bonding with him.

That lady and her family where on the local news a couple days ago... that is just one huge kid! It isn't even the state record though...

I think the World record was over 22 pounds... Ooooch

Is there a reason why there are so many fastfood references in that?

"Supersize"

"Whopper"

"Whopper Jr"

and "Big Enchilada" has GOT to be a sandwich or something SOMEWHERE...

..Are they like.. trying to advertising the eating of newborns or something??? w00t.gif

Edited by Maekrix

Ok all I have to say is "OMG.......GET IT OOOOOOOUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ok all I have to say is "OMG.......GET IT OOOOOOOUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

laugh.gif

That is huge. Mine was only 5 lbs 13 ounces. I couldn't imagine a baby 3 weeks early that big. My girl was 4 weeks early.

My son was born on May 24th 2004 he weighed 12lbs 13ozs, 2 weeks early. He was delivered vaginally. In the attached picture he was 4 days old. !3lbs 12ozs is huge but it was a c-section right. What is the record for a vaginally delivered baby? By the way I weighed 11lbs 3 ozs at birth, and my 2 sisters and my brother all weighed in at more than 10lbs each.

post-9785-1120583022_thumb.jpg

Edited by twpdyp

OMG I know they did an episiotomy on your wife. That is a big baby.

This is a topic that reminds me how lucky I am to be a male and how easy we have it!

Indeed, that was a very big baby. My best gal pal just had a baby and he weighed 9 pounds. He was huge!

I'm just sayin'...

actually, that has little to do with it. blame genetics. disgust.gif if the parents are big or big-boned, the baby will be too.

"It was ready for a steak," the nurse said. "It had quite an appetite."

WTF is wrong with that nurse? you refer to a baby as an it when you don't know the gender, not after they're born. mad.gif