Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada

JuneyGirl

Okay, that was a little harsh, and some may have been offended by it,

No offense taken.

but i get deeply offended by people calling something as beautiful as one persons love for another to be unnatural and wrong, so there it is

It is wrong to insult something as beautiful as one persons love for another. But there are different kinds of love. For example, I love all my male friends. But that doesn't mean I want to get married(frankly there is nothing farther from my mind.) But I love and care about them. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna marry them and sleep with them.

See, that's the thing. All the terrible things people associate with               are results OF BIGOTRY AGAINST GAYS. It's not the gays that are the problem, it's the people who think that they ARE the problem.

I have four gay friends, and I do not hate them in the least. Occasionally we talk about their beliefs, but not often. Usually we just like to hang out, like normal friends.

I do not hate gays. I am only concerned that it goes against my religious belief(and in two cases, theirs).

Also if everyone was gay it would be a complete breakdown of society.

Edited by eveningsky339

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuneyGirl

• Amalgamut

• BurnSide

• Sherapy

No, actually. It would just lead to an all-female society due to cloning.

Also, why'd you cut out the word "homosexual" in your quote of my post?

Huh blink.gif

You know I've heard the arguments and all that. I think it's all a load. A big one. But I'm going through a really bad broken heart and anything I say can and will be held against me.

Some think it's wrong, some don't it really doesn't matter. The whole argument just ticks me off. Part of the attitudes is because of religion. We all know it. Religion is the great divider of all humans.

Okay, that was a little harsh, and some may have been offended by it,

No offense taken.

but i get deeply offended by people calling something as beautiful as one persons love for another to be unnatural and wrong, so there it is

It is wrong to insult something as beautiful as one persons love for another. But there are different kinds of love. For example, I love all my male friends. But that doesn't mean I want to get married(frankly there is nothing farther from my mind.) But I love and care about them. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna marry them and sleep with them.

See, that's the thing. All the terrible things people associate with               are results OF BIGOTRY AGAINST GAYS. It's not the gays that are the problem, it's the people who think that they ARE the problem.

I have four gay friends, and I do not hate them in the least. Occasionally we talk about their beliefs, but not often. Usually we just like to hang out, like normal friends.

I do not hate gays. I am only concerned that it goes against my religious belief(and in two cases, theirs).

706423[/snapback]

There you have it you are deciding for yourself what being gay means to you , clearly you have no problem, you are friends and beliefs have not been a problem, the only problem I see is an alliance to a belief system that says gay is wrong, maybe the system is wrong, it takes very little courage to think for yourself because in being friends with your Gay friends you are doing that, I'm glad to hear you don't hate gays, Have you personally found any kinds of breakdowns in your world because your friends are gay. Religion doesn't teach how to think it teaches what you should think, try thinking for yourself more

Some think it's wrong, some don't it really doesn't matter.  The whole argument just ticks me off.  Part of the attitudes is because of religion.  We all know it.  Religion is the great divider of all humans.

706432[/snapback]

You can't blame this on religion.

Sorry JuneyGirl but you are just way too deep into religion IMO. I don't think God would spare some and send others to hell because they were BORN with something diffrent. I don't think God would force us humans to obey such strict rules in any given situations.

Your only arguments are: it's against God, it's not natural and worst of all, they can't reproduce. So what? God Himself told you that it was against him? Oh what, the Bible? Sorry but this book is man-made so unless you proove me that God himself approves it all, I won't take it in consideration. Didn't you think that maby the Bible was altered by some influent people over the years so they could take better advantage of it? Think about it... it's been over 2000 years...

Who cares if they can't reproduce? It's not as if we were in danger of extinction and it's not as if there are 50% gay people on earth. Clones? Haha, I think you are getting paranoid a bit there... there are not more and more gays on earth, only more gays that go out of the closet. Finally people start to be tolerant...

I have no religion. My philosophy? Here it goes: Listen to yorself. Do what YOU like in life. Don't force yourself to go against your feelings just to obey some rules or to please others. The only real rule there is is to respect others and to let them be as is, whatever they do or whoever/whatever they are. If you do this, you'll be happy and others will ba happy around you. If you keep telling poeple what's wrong and what's good by following some man-made books or such, chances are you won't be fully happy and some people might find this frustrating.

Simple eh? I'm happy with that and yet have no real ennemy.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but I hate it when people think they have the ultimate anwser... there are none, do what YOU like, RESPECT others and you'll be happy. No need to follow the Bible or such. I beleive in God but IMO he just want us to be happy and to respect eachother. That's all. I don't think he minds if you sleep with many girls/boys just for fun (or else he wouldn't have made us that way) or anything like that. As long as you respect others and are happy it's ok. Dosen't it make sense?

I thought only quebec had gay people?

Hahaha. Very funny... damn americans... Québec rocks... more than the USA at least... you haven't seen our woman haven't you? Nah you didn't *drools*.

I don't blame it all on religion, but it is a part of it. You can't deny that. Until people learn that what others do really isn't their business then the problem will always be there.

Why don't humans go OVER religion a bit?

I won't force myself to follow any religion if it goes against my feelings.

Basicly any religion will for myself at some point. Even the catholic religion is a little exagerated IMO. There is some good but come on, who can respect every rules it points out and be prefectly happy inside of him? Not many...

I don't blame it all on religion, but it is a part of it.  You can't deny that.  Until people learn that what others do really isn't their business then the problem will always be there.

706440[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but I don't think the original argument was about gaydom being wrong.

I think the original argument was about gays getting married under a union of god and then having children.

I don't think religion is the main deciding factor in this. Whether or not it talks about homosexuality in the bible or not, wouldn't sway many peoples opinions. People would still feel the same way. There would just be less talk about it fitting into religion.

I for one don't really care if you or bobby joe is gay or not. Then only thing I dislike is how two members of the same sex can mock god by getting married under his name, and then having children. Of course I just talked about religion not being a factor, but I will not list my other opinions on this matter. Bottom line, if you are gay, then thats super. But if you are going to get married by a preist then make sure he is acting the part about joining two people under god. Otherwise, by all means have at it.

I can be so bold as to hold religion 100% accountable for the discrimination of gays

thats the only group of people opposed to fair treatment of all, others look at it in terms of what is good for one is good for us all, How can it be good to discriminate and hate how will that make us better as a society??? It won't we have proof everywhere, I hold religion responsible for the majority of the problems The bible is the biggest advocate for hate and violence ever written.

I think if two people want to get married and they love each other then it's not an abomination to God. Lots of heteros get married without love, I don't hear anyone calling that an abomination.

Also, if a gay couple decides to adopt, then what's the problem? There are so many kids without someone to love them I don't think they should be denied that just because they might end up with two fathers, or two mothers.

the law does not force any religious practitioner to go against their religious practices (protection of freedom of religion). it does however do exactly what your attitude implies, Amal; it means that any two concenting adults can be "married" which grants a long denied equality to homosexual couples.

I can be so bold as to hold religion 100% accountable for the discrimination of gays

706457[/snapback]

Well, then I can be so bold as to tell you that you're 100% wrong.

How can it be good to discriminate and hate how will that make us better as a society???

706457[/snapback]

The same mentality can be applied to a child molester.

It won't we have proof everywhere, I hold religion responsible for the  majority of the problems The bible is the biggest advocate for hate and violence ever written.

706457[/snapback]

Bible or not, people would feel the same way. Look at all the blacks that got discriminated. Does it say anywhere in the bible to do such things? No. Man will do what he feels.

The same mentality can be applied to a child molester

Why oh why is that always what comes up? I'm not a child molester, and I don't like being put in the same camp.

Bible or not, people would feel the same way. Look at all the blacks that got discriminated. Does it say anywhere in the bible to do such things? No. Man will do what he feels.

Yes but they used to be enslaved, and?what does the Bible say about slaves.

I for one don't really care if you or bobby joe is gay or not. Then only thing I dislike is how two members of the same sex can mock god by getting married under his name, and then having children. Of course I just talked about religion not being a factor, but I will not list my other opinions on this matter. Bottom line, if you are gay, then thats super. But if you are going to get married by a preist then make sure he is acting the part about joining two people under god. Otherwise, by all means have at it.

706455[/snapback]

Oh I get it. It's just a religious thing. But did it crossed your mind that prehaps some gays are religious or catholic? I don't think they get married to offend God or such.

Why would God hate gays? Because they can't reproduce? Hell, I didn't know we were in a crisis and absolutely needed to reproduce... and beside, how could God not like people he created? Gays are BORN like this so nobody chose this. Gays exist since the beginning of mankind so we didn't invent it like some dieseases.

The Bible isn't the only anwser I'm telling you... if following it makes you happy at every level, fine for you.

So unless God appears to me and tell me it's really his will, I'll keep listening to my heart and respect others. That's all I need. And I do beleive in God mind you...

Why oh why is that always what comes up?  I'm not a child molester, and I don't like being put in the same camp.

706472[/snapback]

Then I ask you the same question "how can homosexuality be good for society?" And I never said that you were a child molester.

Yes but they used to be enslaved, and?what does the Bible say about slaves.

706472[/snapback]

Not sure what this has to do with what we are talking about.

Then I ask you the same question "how can homosexuality be good for society?" And I never said that you were a child molester.

How can it hurt it? Society is all about differences. If you don't learn to accept people for who they are, we'll continue to have all the violence, the hate crimes, wars, etc.

Not sure what this has to do with what we are talking about.

You brought up the discrimination against blacks, I was just making a comment. Doesn't really matter anyway. You feel the way you feel and you won't change that until you want to.

Equality is a big one. What's so bad about equality now?

Then I ask you the same question "how can homosexuality be good for society?"

So anything that isn't necessarly good for society should be condemned?

Homos aren't good for society but they neither are bad. People like you take it bad and only see negative things out of this. If everyone respected them and just didn't care, it wouldn't cause any harm to the society...

Religions have done much more harm to the society than homosexuality dude... and still does. Think about it.

Oh I get it. It's just a religious thing. But did it crossed your mind that prehaps some gays are religious or catholic?

706476[/snapback]

No way. A Catholic priest molesting boys?

I don't think they get married to offend God or such.

706476[/snapback]

Yes, and neither do I mean to offend God when I have pre-marital sex. But, it is a sin nonetheless. I just don't see why a union is necessary here.

Why would God hate gays? Because they can't reproduce? Hell, I didn't know we were in a crisis and absolutely needed to reproduce... and beside, how could God not like people he created? Gays are BORN like this so nobody chose this. Gays exist since the beginning of mankind so we didn't invent it like some dieseases.

706476[/snapback]

Do you really want to talk about God and gays? All this will lead to is a flame war, and eventually I will be left alone trying to prove how God exists and then the thread will probably be closed.

The Bible isn't the only anwser I'm telling you... if following it makes you happy at every level, fine for you.

706476[/snapback]

So now we are going to talk about the bible? Please! God no!!

So unless God appears to me and tell me it's really his will, I'll keep listening to my heart and respect others. That's all I need. And I do beleive in God mind you...

706476[/snapback]

Well, thats fantastic. But which God do you believe in?

How can it hurt it? Society is all about differences. If you don't learn to accept people for who they are, we'll continue to have all the violence, the hate crimes, wars, etc.

706482[/snapback]

Well, then my comment remains. Lets just let all the people do what they want and molest who they want. Why discriminate?

Gays are BORN like this so nobody chose this.

So is being gay some kind of birth defect now?

Also, why'd you cut out the word "          " in your quote of my post?

My computer has a kind of filter that cuts out "inappropriate" words. The word being referred to is probably not in the quote above because of the filter. I find nothing wrong with the use of that certain word.

You obviously don't believe in the God of the Bible.

Why would God hate gays?

He doesn't. In God's eyes all sin is exactly the same. It's just sin. And it all is forgivable through Jesus.

I agree.

By the way Hyperactive I look your new avatar. thumbsup.gif

Well, then my comment remains. Lets just let all the people do what they want and molest who they want. Why discriminate?

All right, you're the one that brought that in. Why? I'm not talking about molestation. I do want to know why, when the homosexual topic comes up, either bestiality or child molesters come up. It's like the safety argument for all those opposed. You don't like homosexual marriage, then fine. But the constant arguments that it's wrong and unnatural just don't make sense anymore.

I was born the way I was. I don't think it's wrong and never will. So like I said, I can't change your mind one way or the other.

And the world keeps turning.......

706482[/snapback]

706494[/snapback]

tsk tsk amal! why do the "anti-gay" veiws always come down to comparing homosexuality to molestors, beastiality, etc? the BIG DIFFERENCE between a homosexual couple and all the other derogitory comparisons you lay down is that a couple consists of 2 CONCENTING adults. Lets stick to comparing "apples to apples" here.

So anything that isn't necessarly good for society should be condemned?

706490[/snapback]

Comdemned? Depends.... Glorified? Condemn the glorification.

Homos aren't good for society but they neither are bad. People like you take it bad and only see negative things out of this.

706490[/snapback]

Ok, well can you tell me a positive thing?

If everyone respected them and just didn't care, it wouldn't cause any harm to the society...

706490[/snapback]

Only time will tell here. Maybe in 50 years we will see what the numbers have to say.

Religions have done much more harm to the society than homosexuality dude... and still does. Think about it.

706490[/snapback]

"Dude"?

Wait...you just told me you believed in God. So therefore you follow a form of religion.