Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Really Disturbing Image

mishalee

I stumbled across a painting called 'Hands Resist Under Him' that was posted on the site. The caption said something about people will faint, die, or feel ill just by looking at the pic that was painted in 1970. Here's the link to the pic (be warned):

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/galle...pn&cat=0&pos=63

When I first saw the pic I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. I, indeed, thought it was a really creative painting until I read the caption, and then I felt sick. This lead me into thinking that this was the power of suggestion at work, and the only reason why I felt ill was because I believed what the caption says. After getting my mind off the photo I felt better for the rest of the day. However, when I showed my cousin the picture(minus the caption) and asked her how she felt, she replied, "I don't feel good", and immediately ran outside and threw up (not sure if this was a coincedence though). hmm.gif Can anyone please explain this? Input would GREATLY be appreciated.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ausaria

• babayagafamiliar

• mishalee

• about

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know but when I look at it it makes me feel funky!! A little dizzy and angry. Very spooky painting sad.gif

didnt do anything to me. cept wonder if that boy had an extremely large head and if that girl was supposed to be a doll. freaky eh.

it's creepy....I'd like to know what the guy who painted that was smoking, I sure wouldn't want that thing in my house no.gif

I have seen that picture before on other websites it is a very scary picture it makes me feel cold. original.gif

It just gives me a headache.

It just gives me a headache.

707402[/snapback]

They should have put up a link that showed you a litre of vodka,that gives me a headache

Well that's not a question of curse or haunting, it's a question of suggestion. If we come up with a story or a premise of something "freaky and/or Unusual" the mind will work out was to make it freaky and/or unusual. It's the same time of freakyness that is used in ghostly camp stories and late night horror movies. Nothing is scary or truly odd untill some one comes up with something to make it scary or odd.

Of course the painting has an "aura" of the bizzare but most symbolic paintings are.

stonehamstudios.com/haunted.shtml

The artist describes the painting here.

Yeah it is really creepy. I can't believe someone would actually buy that painting. Its really,er, creative, but I couldn't find myself wanting to see it everday. It makes me nauseous. bleh wacko.gif

I honestly feel sick. I dont know why but I dont feel like Im going to throw up. But I feel really really bad.

I feel fine. thats a fugly painting. blink.gif

That's so unfair tongue.gif I made a thread on this ages a go and someone *cough* magikman *cough* closed it because he thought I was just being silly. But now that he's gone, we can freely reopen teh subject w00t.gif

Ok, I admit I was being a bit silly, but hey cool.gif

Edit; removed link. We don't need to be reminded about how infantile you behaved when you first registered Galor. Oh look...................I'm back. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Magikman

The original EBAY text

WHEN WE RECEIVED THIS PAINTING, WE THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY GOOD ART. A " PICKER " HAD FOUND IT ABANDONED BEHIND AN OLD BREWERY. AT THE TIME WE WONDERED A LITTLE WHY A SEEMINGLY PERFECTLY FINE PAINTING WOULD BE DISCARDED LIKE THAT. ( TODAY WE DON'T !!! ) ONE MORNING OUR 4 AND 1/2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER CLAIMED, THAT THE CHILDREN IN THE PICTURE WERE FIGHTING, AND COMING INTO THE ROOM DURING THE NIGHT. NOW, I DON'T BELIEVE IN UFOS OR ELVIS BEING ALIVE, BUT MY HUSBAND WAS ALARMED. TO MY AMUSEMENT HE SET UP A MOTION TRIGGERED CAMERA FOR THE NIGHTS. AFTER THREE NIGHTS THERE WERE PICTURES.THE LAST TWO PICTURES SHOWN ARE FROM THAT 'STAKEOUT'. AFTER SEEING THE BOY SEEMINGLY EXITING THE PAINTING UNDER THREAT, WE DECIDED, THE PAINTING HAS TO GO.PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELF. --- BEFORE YOU DO, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING WARNING AND DISCLAIMER. ----WARNING: DO NOT BID ON THIS PAINTING IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO STRESS RELATED DISEASE, FAINT OF HEART OR ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH SUPERNATURAL EVENTS. BY BIDDING ON THIS PAINTING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE THE OWNERS OF ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE SALE OR ANY EVENTS HAPPENING AFTER THE SALE, THAT MIGHT BE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS PAINTING. THIS PAINTING MAY OR MAY NOT POSESS SUPERNATURAL POWERS, THAT COULD IMPACT OR CHANGE YOUR LIFE. HOWEVER, BY BIDDING YOU AGREE TO EXCLUSIVELY BID ON THE VALUE OF THE ARTWORK, WITH DISREGARD TO THE LAST TWO PHOTOS FEATURED IN THIS AUCTION, AND HOLD THE OWNERS HARMLESS IN REGARD TO THEM AND THEIR IMPACT, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.------------ NOW THAT WE GOT THIS OUT OF THE WAY, ONE QUESTION TO YOU EBAYERS. WE WANT OUR HOUSE TO BE BLESSED AFTER THE PAINTING IS GONE, DOES ANYBODY KNOW, WHO IS QUALIFIED TO DO THAT? THE SIZE OF THE PAINTING IS 24 BY 36 INCHES, SO IT IS RATHER LARGE. AS I HAVE HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS, HERE THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS. THERE WAS NO ODOR LEFT BEHIND IN THE ROOM. THERE WERE NO VOICES, OR THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER, NO FOODPRINTS OR STRANGE FLUIDS ON THE WALL. TO DETER QUESTIONS IN THIS DIRECTION, THERE ARE NO GHOSTS IN THIS WORLD , NO SUPERNATURAL POWERS, THIS IS JUST A PAINTING, AND MOST THESE THINGS HAVE AN EXPLANATION, IN THIS CASE PROBABLY A FLUKE LIGHT EFFECT. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO BID ON THE ARTWORK, AND CONSIDER THE LAST TWO PHOTOGRAPHS AS PURE ENTERTAINMENT, AND PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION, WHEN BIDDING. AS WE THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO BLESS ANY HOUSE, WE STILL WELCOME INPUT INTO THAT PROCEDURE.

This auction is nearing the end. I want to thank the more than 13000 people that took the time to look at this image on Ebay. I appreciate the more than 30 suggestions, that I received regarding blessing the house, exorcising and cleansing. 7 e-mails reported strange or irregular events taking place, when viewing this image. And I will relay two suggestions made by the senders. First not to use this image as the background on the screen, and second not to display this image around juveniles or children. Last not least, thanks for appreciating the art as well.

That's one of the most evil paintings I've seen- and I have lithographs by Bosch, Gotti, Barlowe, Giger, and Dore. Spooky as hell, the symbolism is also very macabre. You'd have to be a complete NUT to place that in your house.

I have a friend that has "the garden of Earthly Delights" in their living room. It creeps me out every time I go there. *shudders* this painting is worse, and definatly should be hung somewhere BACKWARDS.

I have a friend that has "the garden of Earthly Delights" in their living room.  It creeps me out every time I go there.  *shudders*  this painting is worse, and definatly should be hung somewhere BACKWARDS.

707827[/snapback]

I *LOVE* that painting (I have books and books on Bosch). He's not really scary though, just really weird. There is one painting by Bosch which crosses from weird to frightening though, it's called "the tunnel" or something like that and it's based on a near death experience a friend of his had.

I didn't get sick looking at the picture, but I did after reading all of the posts...