Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Politician calls constituents "Idiots"

Melladior

Politician Tells Voters They're Idiots

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York state lawmaker says he's embarrassed after he mistakenly sent out an e-mail message that referred to his constituents as "idiots."

Assemblyman Willis Stephens says he thought he was sending the e-mail to an aide. Instead, he sent the note to nearly 300 people on an online discussion group that focuses on the community of Brewster.

The message included the comment that he was — quote — "Just watching the idiots pontificate."

Within an hour of sending the message Monday morning, Stephens sent another e-mail apologizing for the slip-up.

I wonder if "the idiots" will reelect him for another term. It makes one wonder who's stupider; the people who elected a man who thinks they're idiots or the man who can't figure out how to properly address an email?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Melladior

• Link of Hyrule

• __Kratos__

• _Nyx_

Ha... ironic callin his people idiots when he can't even work email properly! ha, that IDIOT! rofl.gif

Within an hour of sending the message Monday morning, Stephens sent another e-mail apologizing for the slip-up.

709162[/snapback]

Well there goes his political career w00t.gif

Yep, the real funny thing is, there are a hundred more politicians (at least) that feel the same way as he does (probably).

btw, Melladior - is there a source for this information?

Well, let's just wait until the next elections come up there, and see if he's still in office...if he is, we'll see him proven right grin2.gif

devil.gif Was that a slam at our President, Commander and Chief, Leader of the FREE WORLD!

Very good Sepaphina! thumbsup.gif

Nice, real flippin nice. disgust.gif We pay his salary folks!

Politician Tells Voters They're Idiots

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York state lawmaker says he's embarrassed after he mistakenly sent out an e-mail message that referred to his constituents as "idiots."

Assemblyman Willis Stephens says he thought he was sending the e-mail to an aide. Instead, he sent the note to nearly 300 people on an online discussion group that focuses on the community of Brewster.

The message included the comment that he was — quote — "Just watching the idiots pontificate."

I wonder if "the idiots" will reelect him for another term. It makes one wonder who's stupider; the people who elected a man who thinks they're idiots or the man who can't figure out how to properly address an email?

709162[/snapback]

LOL-how funny! grin2.gif I would bet the farm that "the idiots" send this guy packing from Albany. angry.gif I think deep-down ,most politicians wish their "idiots" were more understanding of complex issues and wouldn't roast them over something that perhaps the average guy on the street only understands in a superficial way. I'm sure most of them feel like this guy deep-down, but this guy's inner-"Id" got the best of him. laugh.gif