Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Live Chat Participation Record Broken

Saru

Yesterday's live chat ( 10th feb ) saw a considerably bigger turnout than last weeks, with 15 people in the room at one point. Members joining in this week included Magikman, Tommy, Nora, Dalia, Mentalcase, Devils Advocate, Loonboy, Sheff_Pud, Daz and myself, as well as a few others from other rooms who wandered in. ( Please tell me if I've missed any members out from that list. )

Hopefully all went well after Daz and I left last night - I will post next week's chat's date and time in just a few moments.

Tommy and Magikman - let me know if you have any queries about the operator commands and such, and thanks for taking over after we'd left yesterday. With any luck everyone behaved themselves for you.  ;D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Magikman

• odinsupreme

• Tommy

Gareth,

Sadly, things did not go well at all upon your departure from the chat room.  Loath as I am to be the bearer of bad news, I find I must relate the following sequence of events that transpired during your absence. Times listed are relative to your departure and approximated for clarity;

+2½ minutes  Tommy suddenly and inexplicably loses his composure, demanding that the chat room participants begin addressing him as “Your Royal Highness” & “Prince Thomas – Heir to the Paranormal Throne”. In order to maintain control and prevent further agitation, I had to boot Tommy from the room.

+4 minutes   Dalia comments that she wished Lori would have made an appearance during the chat session, looking for someone to support her premise that doubters of the paranormal are delusional. It was my opinion that such an egregious comment was detrimental to the smooth operation of the chat room, and had no other choice but to immediately ban her.

+6 minutes  Dalia attempts to gain moderator control by overpowering my mind with her psychic powers, but is successfully repulsed by the disturbing images she encounters while rummaging around my brain. :P

+10 minutes   Loonboy begins an argument supporting the credibility and viability of claims made by Graham Hancock, denouncing and denigrating anyone (okay, just me)  who attempted to dispute him. Emboldened by copious amounts of various, spirited beverages, LB’s increasingly disruptive behavior was deemed anti-social, and he was cast out to everyone’s (okay, my) relief.

+12 minutes  Nora becomes upset about a conversation I was having with MC that detailed my success at deer hunting in Wisconsin’s beautiful North Woods, prompting her to label me a ‘Bambi’ killer and a psychotic murderer of innocent, furry animals. She began to threaten to send her biker and sailor friends after me to teach me a lesson, so she was booted in the interest of self-preservation.

+15 minutes  I quickly ban 3 other new participants after they respond incorrectly to the “so, are you a government agent?” question.

+17 minutes  I finally lose my patience with Rog3D and Sheff_Pud, who ignore my pleas to stop flirting with Crow, who I saw first, anyway. >:( It’s my understanding that a moderator’s requests always be followed, right? I believe their insubordination was dealt with swiftly and justifiably, don’t you?

+17¼ minutes  Crow leaves the chat room unexpectedly, coincidentally right after my innocent query to her “So, what’s your sign, good looking?” Despair begins to set in.

+20 minutes   MC departs the chat room with SuperGothicVampireChick. :o I suddenly find myself alone.

+22 to +27 minutes  Browse through various other chat rooms, looking for anyone interested in discussing Einsteins theory of relativity. Encounter mostly children who speak in incomplete sentences and/or cant spel verrry wel. I find myself thinking constantly about death and aquire an un-natural fondness for the color black.

+1hour30 minutes   I finally quit the room, having given up hope that Crow would return, thinking that she might have been unwittingly disconnected from her server. She didn’t even say goodbye or anything. :'(

I must say that even though I was flattered that you entrusted me with such an important position, being a moderator is not all that it’s cracked up to be. There’s way too much stress involved, although I’d like to think I handled things calmly and judiciously. I wanted to set the record straight with you, just in case you were to hear false and/or slanderous accusations from anyone else regarding occurrences in the chat room.

Your faithful and trusted servant,

MAGIKMAN :D  

Oh my god!! Magik, I just read your post.;D ;D

LoL (we were supposed to keep that little incident hush-hush) :-[ ;)

Tommy   :D  

Wish i had made it now LOL

MM,  that was priceless  :D

Saruman,  I'm afraid we were close to starting a mutiny when you left THEM in charge! But control was maintained,  and we all went home and slept it off.  So..are we still invited back next week?  ;D

NORA(KC)

Well, Odin isn't there and what are they all doing? Huh! Yes, right, HAVING FUN!!!  ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

I know what you mean Odin. They are having fun without us >:(   The first Sunday someone forced me to watch the Super Bowl, and last Sunday I was forced to attend some neighbors birthday party. Hopefully I can be there for the next festivities :D

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Gareth,

Don’t listen to Magik! ;D    We continued to have a great time after you guys left.  Rog and Crow also joined us later on. :)

LoL Odin, how was your carnival? That’ll teach you to sort your priorities out! And you Homer. ;D

Gareth, out of interest, how many can we fit into the chat room?

And watch out the rest of you…I’ve made a comprehensive list of acronyms to throw at you next time we meet!  TTFN :D

Tommy  – heir to the paranormal throne.

8)

Tommy,

Carnaval is GREAT! It isn't only one evening, but it is for 5 days, from Saturday until wednesday (wednesday is sort of end where you can go "bite "haring" " (Haring is fish)). And then there are also a lot of ather things before Carnaval. It is really great.

Odin Supreme 8)

PS,

I am thinking about going today again.. hmmm, should I go?

Tommy,

Glad to hear things went smoothly.  :)

I don't think there is any limit to the number of people that can be in the room at the same time. I don't think we will have too many problems trying to beat the current record of 15 next week.

Place your bets now everyone.

;D

Magikman,

Your post is priceless! And what a memory you have (or did you print out the entire text of the chat?)

My spy cam, oops, I mean my psychic abilities were working great 'till it focused on Magik's mustache.

Ah well, Homer, Otis and all the others who didn't make it Sunday...we missed you...really we did.

Guys, I really enjoyed the chat and look forward to next week's party.

Dalia

"+2½ minutes  Tommy suddenly and inexplicably loses his composure, demanding that the chat room participants begin addressing him as “Your Royal Highness” & “Prince Thomas – Heir to the Paranormal Throne”."

:D ROFLMAO  ;D ;D ;D

-Daz-

Dalia,

I’m not exactly sure who Otis is, perhaps an old boyfriend of yours? :o

Homer & Otis, sounds like characters in an old Hee Haw sketch;

Homer – “Otis, what you be a doing out in the middle of that there corn field?”

Otis – “I’m trying to make one o’ them ‘crop circles’, but the gosh durn string dun busted, dang blast it.”

Magikman :D

FLIRTING!?

Of course I was flirting-Spring, when a (young)mans fancy turns to thoughts of -etc. etc.

Had good night though, although I wish I'd been drinking what MagikMan was. Maybe we would both have the same concept of what happened.  ;D

By the way Odin I really miss fresh herring and Carnaval. How about an invite next year ?? We could go ghost hunting as well. ALAAF.

NessyK,

From the German/Dutch intercultural translation dictionary for obscure definitions;

ALAAF: Carnival greeting in the Kölsch dialect of Cologne.

Magikman :D

:o *lol* oh my ......well, i'm looking forward to seeing you all again in the next chat, so count me in ...... but I feel a warning is in need ......thanks to Magikman's apparent alter ego as a Not So Secret Agent ......

"Everything you say will be taken down and can and will be used against you in a court of law" or should that read the Forum?? *lol*

;)