Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian ambassador fights 'Fox factor'

Thanato

Canadian ambassador fights 'Fox factor'

Frank McKenna, Canada's ambassador to the United States, wants Canadians who live south of the border to help him counter the negative image of their country, perpetuated by the Fox News Channel.

Referring to the popular network's criticisms of Canadian policies, McKenna told the Toronto Star he wants expatriates and visitors to the U.S. to fight what he calls the "Fox Factor."

Frank McKenna, Canada's ambassador to the United States.

More than a million Canadians live in the U.S., or visit for extended periods.

McKenna is distributing 100,000 letters to some of them to help in the lobby effort, the Star reports.

The missives aim to quash rumours circulating immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks that some of the hijackers who crashed four planes were believed to have entered the U.S. from Canada.

The letters also remind Americans that Canada has committed $300 million to rebuilding Iraq.

McKenna is enlisting the help of Florida snowbirds, northern exiles in Arizona, Hollywood comedians and actors, investment bankers in New York and professors and students at universities across the United States, the newspaper says.

Source

~Thanato

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Thanato

• kikuchiyo

• Stixxman

So because they give lots of money, they want ideas and facts to be covered up? Is that what I am hearing?

What cover up? The training taliban got from the americans? The pointless war in irak also knowed as the Nam' of the 21st century? The fact that troops moral is an all time low?

What canada did was to give shelter to people. If americans can't even be sure of the intensions of it's own people (nation wide milicias, terrorism within it self and so on) how can they be sure of every one elses. For all we know they could of walk through the front door because they weren't a threat before 2001.

^ laugh.gif funny to blame the US goverment for checking up all possible leads to protect American citizens. Sure, we have made some mistakes but it gives Canada no excuse to say "Stop looking for terrorists"!

funny to blame the US goverment for checking up all possible leads

I'm saying they didn't and now they are looking for ways to point the finger at some one else then there own airport security or secret sevices. They pointed at the mexican border and said they come from there, then from the north they are coming from the north, it's never "we fell asleep on the job and messed up".

it gives Canada no excuse to say "Stop looking for terrorists"!

True but "stop looking" is not what canada is saying, it's saying what people all over the states are saying: "Start finding them already!".

Come on a guy in a cave, how hard is that? wacko.gif

I'm saying they didn't and now they are looking for ways to point the finger at some one else then there own airport security or secret sevices. They pointed at the mexican border and said they come from there, then from the north they are coming from the north, it's never "we fell asleep on the job and messed up".

We have blamed our checkpoints already, and we have tried and have to improved them. Sure, you could blame the Mexican border but we have to look North also... can't claim blackjack without looking at the ace under the jack.

True but "stop looking" is not what canada is saying, it's saying what people all over the states are saying: "Start finding them already!".

Come on a guy in a cave, how hard is that?  wacko.gif

Our troops are finding them... just not the LEADER. That is a common believe among a lot of people. Operation Dagger last week killed 172 terrorists, while capturing 56. Did you hear about that? What about the American air strike on a terrorist base yesterday?

Edited by __Kratos__

The Canadian government has found terrorists, hell Canada knows all about Terrorism.

The thing is Canada is not America, we have diffrent values then the United States. We have laxer boared security because we want people to come to this country to live out a better life. And besides Canada didnt let these people into your country, YOU DID!

Anyway Fox has been giving Canada a bad name for years they say we dont even deserve to be on the same bloody continant as you guys witch is a bunch of bull.

I still cant belive that Americans can watch Fox's made up news.

~Thanato

The Canadian government has found terrorists, hell Canada knows all about Terrorism.

The thing is Canada is not America, we have diffrent values then the United States. We have laxer boared security because we want people to come to this country to live out a better life. And besides Canada didnt let these people into your country, YOU DID!

Anyway Fox has been giving Canada a bad name for years they say we dont even deserve to be on the same bloody continant as you guys witch is a bunch of bull.

I still cant belive that Americans can watch Fox's made up news.

~Thanato

711828[/snapback]

America is NOT Canada, so stop trying to mess with our T.V. Granted I don't like or watch FOX but what right does Canada really have to come in and say stop poking at us?

What about Canada slamming America? Should America get up and start throwing a tissy fit if Canada insults us?

Well you see there is a difference in what canada consider comedy and what america considers the news.

It's fox the information/news aorta to millions of americans, they consider that as news even if fox is one of the worst information centers of the states. The don't even double check for them it's pure gold.

I HATE fox news.

Their all a bunch of Conservatives who think that becuase canada has a smaller army by comparisson they can push us around.

I'd like to show them just how much of a tough country we are. Kicking some conservative ass.

The Bush administration is playing a dirty game in Canada...alot of money is being put into the propaganda campaign against our peaceful neighbor...it would be ashame if Canada were to give in and let a bunch of right wing kooks and fascists turn world opinion against her. Your typical street urchin loves FOX and thinks it is patriotic then waddles off to the bar and starts spewing trash against everything the tv tells him to...the more he drinks the louder he gets...that is your typical US yahoo nutter.

There is only one war in the world ...it is for the common man to stand up and be counted against the evils of industrialist despots.

Edited by dmgspycat

Looks like Canada better start poking at the UK news also then...

Canada under fire as haven for terrorists

Why would Canada care after 9/11 if they didn't have the terrorists?

Canada's Actions Against Terrorism Since September 11th

Canada-U.S. cross border crime and security cooperation

To me it looks like the Canadian goverment is accepting a little blame in those reports. So if FOX wants to blow up a little blame to a lot then that is their choice to do.

Also people dont know, well Canadians should, that we had our own terrorists, the FLQ accualy a funny story, Martial Law was declared in some parts of Quebec.

Anyway it was later lifted, but Canadians know all about terrorism.

~Thanato

Once again we see Americans shift the blame, you see the trouble with finding terrorists is that they don't have addresses, they don't advertised their existence, its almost like they are trying to hide out until they strike....weird. If you know the rules and have not committed a crime, then in our society in Canada the police can't do anything. It may be different in your country where your cops can just arrest anyone for looking suspiciuos or having a funny sounding name they can't pronounce but not here. And terrorists don't cooperate a whole lot either, they stay home don't break laws and work hard at menial inder the radar type jobs. Then out of nowhere they go and get pilot training in the states. No one is to blame here they knew the system and beat no.gif it thats all, people are only human after all.

Also people dont know, well Canadians should, that we had our own terrorists, the FLQ accualy a funny story, Martial Law was declared in some parts of Quebec.

~Thanato

713472[/snapback]

Good for Canada? blink.gif

Once again we see Americans shift the blame, you see the trouble with finding terrorists is that they don't have addresses, they don't advertised their existence, its almost like they are trying to hide out until they strike....weird.  If you know the rules and have not committed a crime, then in our society in Canada the police can't do anything.  It may be different in your country where your cops can just arrest anyone for looking suspiciuos or having a funny sounding name they can't pronounce but not here.  And terrorists don't cooperate a whole lot either, they stay home don't break laws and work hard at menial inder the radar type jobs.  Then out of nowhere they go and get pilot training in the states. No one is to blame here they knew the system and beat no.gif  it thats all, people are only human after all.

713972[/snapback]

That whole big paragraph said nothing at all. You stepped on your own feet...

In the all, Canada can have a bloody cake walk about America saying terrorists might have entered from Canada but we will still say it and will still look into it. America doesn't take orders from Canada.

~Thanato

713472[/snapback]

Once again we see Americans shift the blame, you see the trouble with finding terrorists is that they don't have addresses, they don't advertised their existence, its almost like they are trying to hide out until they strike....weird.  If you know the rules and have not committed a crime, then in our society in Canada the police can't do anything.  It may be different in your country where your cops can just arrest anyone for looking suspiciuos or having a funny sounding name they can't pronounce but not here.  And terrorists don't cooperate a whole lot either, they stay home don't break laws and work hard at menial inder the radar type jobs.  Then out of nowhere they go and get pilot training in the states. No one is to blame here they knew the system and beat no.gif  it thats all, people are only human after all.

713972[/snapback]

In the all, Canada can have a bloody cake walk about America saying terrorists might have entered from Canada but we will still say it and will still look into it. America doesn't take orders from Canada.

714601[/snapback]

Are you sure MY paragraph didn't make sense?

sounded good to me, maybe it was the content you didn't like. Tell me where I stepped on my own feet. Oh and by the way Canada doesn't take orders from the US either, we try to work in partnership with. You can look into that all you want, you have my permission. thumbsup.gif

~Thanato

713472[/snapback]

713972[/snapback]

714601[/snapback]

Are you sure MY paragraph didn't make sense?

sounded good to me, maybe it was the content you didn't like. Tell me where I stepped on my own feet. Oh and by the way Canada doesn't take orders from the US either, we try to work in partnership with. You can look into that all you want, you have my permission. thumbsup.gif

715044[/snapback]

Did you miss the bolded areas or something? Yeah, they can beat the system sure. Thats a given. Nothing is 100%. Some people are only saying terrorists came from Canada borders. Not really a big deal, unless you have something to hide. ph34r.gif

Edited by __Kratos__

I said there was a shift of blame by Americans, then said there was no one to blame here. See its simple if you understand the english language, when both parties are at fault then no one party is responsible both are. And if anybody has something to hide its on the other side of the border, who flew out every member of Osama's family the same day all air traffic was grounded in the states? Who trained Osama and provided him with weapons back in the day? Right now your government is doing something you think only other governments do. Your top guy is a money monger with the morals of Stalin, and the brains of a four year old.