Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do ghosts scare you?

AlienSama

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghostboo

• Starlyte

• Althalus

• Sageghost

It's hard to be scared of something if you haven't seen one before

I thought that I saw one once ... and it really freaked me out ... ph34r.gif

and now I think there is one in my room ... he he ... laugh.gif

but it does not scare me ... because I am not sure if it was a ghost ... it in in a clock that I have ... when my grandfather died he had a clock that he used to put beside his bed ... and I took that clock and keept it in my room ... I had it for 6 years and I works perfectly ... but these days it starts to make sounds on its own with out me clicking on any buttons ... it is a talking clock ... even sometimes when I inter my room ... it starts telling the time ... but I did not even come near it ... I try to stop it but no use ... he he ... I have to leave it till it stops on its own ... I really don't know if there is a living ghost in it ... but still it does not scare me at all ... original.gif

i'm afraid of some... like, really creepy ones covered in blood or missing a limb... but not shadow people, they're just wierd...

Would I be scared, probably not. Would I freak a little, maybe at first. I think it would be more adrenaline and excitement than actual fright. I saw the Shadow People about 6 years ago, but have never consciously seen anything else. I want to though.

I have had several reported sightings. But then again I have an overactive imagination so I guess it is hard to tell whether it was real or just my mind manipulating things to make it seem as if a foreign presence was there.

My first sighting was when I was 8 years old. We lived in a 3 bedroom house in a small town and whenever we would go to leave the house if lights were left on, we would go to turn them off and they would turn off by themselves. The really eerie part was that the switches would be changed from up to down. Then at night several times my room would get really cold and I would see a man sitting in the closet with a gun pointed at me, so for the longest time I slept with the closet door closed. I still am not sure if it was just tiredness or what, but I did find out that a suicide happened in the house involving a guy and a gun. Who knows, maybe he was trying to help us save on electricity.

My second encounter was in New Orleans at Destrahan Manor when I was 11. My mom and I were doing the tour through the old antebellum home and were left behind on the tour looking at a young child's bedroom. It was very humid and all the windows were sealed tight yet we noticed a slight breeze, however there was no fan or air conditioner reported to be on. Then all of a sudden the rocking chair in the corner began rocking back and forth. Well we figured it could just be the movement of the floor that caused the horse to rock, but then all of a sudden we looked at the bed, there was nothing there just a flat old bed spread and then as we were watching it we saw a butt imprint emerge on the mattress. A little weirded out we inquired about the happening and they replied that a little girl haunted the rooms and they had several sightings of her and even photos.

My 3rd encounter was in an old dilapidated cemetary. As a teenager, my friend and I would always traipse out in the woods. There was a cemetary there that had only 3 graves that could be seen the rest had been covered over with underbrush, weeds, and dirt. We used to always go out there to walk, smoke, make out whatever it was we were into at the time. The cemetary is on a base reservation so alot of the time we would have to dodge the Mp's in the woods. One day we heard a strange noise like an old wagon train, I guess, so we darted in the woods thinking it was the Mp's but when we came out we never saw a car or truck yet there were clear markings of where old wheels had driven through, but not normal car wheels like that of wagon wheels. A little weirded out we left.

I found out several years later that the cemetary belonged to a huge plantation in the 1800's and that the former owners were robbed and murdered. Supposedly their stash of money was hidden in the barn and when grave robbers came searching for it after finding none in the grave they went into the barn, but they never came out, the barn burned down that night and their skeletons were found a week later. Weird huh. So I am not sure if it was a trick of the eye or the real deal.

I would probably be scared at first, but then you would get used to them.

But as has been said, it is hard to be scared of something that you have never seen. That said I do not get scared at horror films, yes they make you jump, but so does Jurassic Park, when the Raptors jump through the window.

Other than that I may have seen a ghost cat once, there was this cat lying on the ground but it did not have a head, the one moment it was lying there and the next it was walking around, but it stopped and looked at me. That was weird.

To a degree I am scared - probably more of the unknown factor than being worried about being hurt. I hope that I could overcome this if I ever had a close encounter with a ghost.

Whenever I see a ghost, I get freaked out for a second, then I return to normal. Sometimes try to communicate with it. It has only worked once, though. The only time I'm afraid of a ghost is if it takes a threatening form or something like that. Never have I seen a ghost like that, though.

Whenever I see a ghost, I get freaked out for a second, then I return to normal.

How often do you see apparitions, Ghostboo? Can you tell us about any of your experiences? original.gif

The only experience I ever had that was ghostlike was when I was going down a hallway at night (no lights on in the house but moonlight through the windows and I could see my way adequately). All I saw was something that looked like thin mist or smoke swirl across my path from right to left on the landing ahead of me. There were no windows open and if mist or smoke there was no obvious source (and the hallway was not along an outer wall).

However, even at the time, although it did cross my mind, 'ghost' seemed an un-necessarily extreme explanation. I never mentioned it to anyone else in the house, partly because what I saw was so etherial and ill-defined anyway, and because I was never sure just WHAT I had seen anyway. I kind of leaned towards it being a trick of the moonlight, but then light has to reflect OFF something, and that 'something' seemed to be floating across an empty landing.

If I was confronted by a ghost in human-like form, fear would probably not be an issue. I would be more likely to find myself torn between a natural presumption 'it' was only there because it needed my urgent help (and I would want to help if I could) and my desire to 'pump' it for interesting information about itself.

Well, I've seen a ghost and I can honestly say that all noble intentions about communicating, helping and maybe even learning went straight out of the window as I tried to run in four directions at once and then HAD KITTENS

I think If I came face to face with a ghost, I'd probably pull a "shaggy" (scooby doo) and try to run away but not move because my legs would just be frantically spinning in circles.

In my only supposed ghost related event (it may have been a dream, but it feels so real) I woke up to find an entirely black figure with shining white smiling teeth hunched over and staring in my face. Upon seeing this, every ounce of Oxygen immediately exited my lungs in one gigantic GASP!

I'd dismiss this as a dream, but after telling my mom I thought I saw a ghost..she said "was it black with big white teeth?" Apparently her and her sibling used to see this thing when they were younger. They called him "the cowboy" because he looked like he wears a cowboy hat. My little sister also has seen "the cowboy" in her room.

Thinking about all that is scary enough now.

Would I be scared of a ghost? No way. I have been around them ever since I can remember. If I did not see them, then I saw their effects. Example, things getting knocked off, or floating in front of me, footsteps in the middle of hte night, etc..... I have seen them too. When I was growing up, I would think when I went to sleep, or when we left for an extended amount of time that no one would dare to break in! I mean seeing things float in front of you would scare off the burglars better than a watchdog, lol! laugh.gif

Seriously tho, ghost do not scare me at all.

I think society conditions us to be scared of them! Look at the movies! Furthermore who isn't scared of the unknown?! I don't know what the spirits intentions are towards me. I think I would be very scared- it would be one heck of an adrenaline rush!

Well, Starlyte...None of my experiences are too interesting. Heck, most of 'em aren't even confirmed. But, the most common ones would be little patches of mist in the air where it shouldn't be (my room for example). I sometimes hear voices at night (no, not in my head wink.gif )that don't remind me of anyone I know. I once lived in the town called Belleville, it was the house I had lived in longest. I recall sitting in my bed, looking into the kitchen and looking out the window. Suddenly, I see four lights rush across the window outside. One big and red, the others smaller and blue. Also, (sorry if I'm rambling) I had this dream. (I know, dreams usually don't mean anything. Even if 'ya dream 'em twice, which I did) I was in some kind of what looked like a bar, very ig with little lighting and a big fountain. I remember then going up stairs. Stairs that look like they belonged in someone's house, as they were carpeted. When I reach the middle of the stairway, there's this hole in the wall (perfect square to be more exact) and in it is...some kind of void of gray smoke. Then, this gray ghost in a robe appears in it. Its face resembles that of a classic gray alien. That's basically it. It may SEEM like a dream, but after I dreamt it again, I freaked out a bit and then relaxed. When I was looking at Artbell.com (Now called something else, I dunno), I see something that looks almost EXACTLY like it! I'm thinkin', "Oh my God.." Anyway...Aside from that, I once woke up choking...And, if you look at the older posts, look for a topic entitled "Ghost speaking to me" and find out more since I can't really remember the details. I'm not sure if it's under ghosts, hauntings, and the paranormal or Sightings Reports and Experiences. Well, that about covers it. Hope I've provided something interesting.