Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Impossible Findings

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I got these stories from a book ( Seriously Weird True Stories.  by: Herbie Brennan) and are the exact wording from the book.

Impossible Findings

1.    in February, 1993, the Florida Sun reported that a Russian Air Force General claimed three Russian cosmonauts were sent to the moon on a secret mission to expose a cover-up by the American Space Administration NASA. They brought back evidence that members of the first Appollo mission had found the remains of a giant dinosaur half buried in the moon dust.

Very few people believe the story.

2.    Maximilien Melleville, Vice president of the Societe Academique of Laon, France, reported in The Geologist the discovery of a perfectly formed Early Eocene chalk ball. Both the ball and it's immediate surroundings showed signs of having been shaped from a larger block, then freed by a sharp blow - in other words, the ball seems to have beenmanufactured. Yet it's age must be between 45 and 55 million years, again well before the appearance of humanity on the planet.

3.    Coal mines have also produced a barrel - shaped block of silver, an iron pot, and a stone carved with several identical heads of an old man. All these finds are at least 260 million years old.

4.    A 1983 edition of the Moscow News reported a find in the Turkmen Republic of a fossil human footprint...next to the giant footprint of a three toed dinosaur. Both prints were found in Jurassic rock and seems to be about 150 million years old.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Magikman

• JesusFreakGS

• explorer

David,

Another good source for anomolies and strange phenomena are any books by noted author Frank Edwards "STRANGER THAN SCIENCE", "STRANGE WORLD", "STRANGEST OF ALL", etc. Most of them are now out of print, but they can still be found at the library or a used paperback book store.

For more recent stories, the FORTEAN TIMES and STRANGE MAGAZINE are excellent sources.

Magikman

Wow, that's very interesting stuff! Aren't those kinds of things called OOPAs? (Out Of Place Artifacts) Since there are no logical reasons for why those things would be found where they were, they certainly suggest alien activity in this area of the universe.

I've heard about "Out Of Place Artifacts" in the past, and it is a very interesting subject. If even one human footprint or manufactured hi-tech item was conclusively dated to pre-human times, it would be conclusive evidence of either extra-terrestrial visition of human time travel. A human foot print next to a dinosaur track may be evidence of time travel, and I've heard of some strange metallic objects which were allegedly dated to hundreds of thousands of years ago. I'm not sure if that was ever conclusively proved, but it would certainly be worth examining further.

Guest Guest

SaRuMaN,

With that metallic object that you mentioned, it is in the book as well. here is the story in exact wording...you won't believe the age of this!!!

Something that looks exactly like a cricket ball has been found in a mine in the Western Tranvall, South Africa. It is one of several hundred metal balls discovered in this mine.

the balls are of two types - one solid bule metal, the other with a white spongy centre. they all look man - made, but are in fact at least 2,800,000,000 years old!!!!!!

:o

These objects and findings completely predate any humans on the planet by a huge amount - meaning that they must be Extra Terrestrial.

It is strange that such findings have not been officially announced and accepted by scientific communities. Many findings of ancient human footprints and man-made objects have been conclusively dated to times long before humans evolved on earth, but nobody seems to want to have anything to do with them.

This is probably because these findings are so incredible that they are considered totally impossible - bringing us back to the title of this thread - "Impossible Findings"

No matter how hard science tries to ignore these findings, they will never go away, and have to be taken into consideration if we are to ever fully understand the complete history of our own planet.

Gentlemen,

Here is a link to a website that I think you will find very informative. I haven't had a chance to fully explore it, but the link page includes a picture of the chalk ball mentioned by David and a brief story of its discovery about half-way down the page.

http://www.bluemoonnews.net/images2.htm

The website is devoted to all sorts of OOPArt (out of place artifacts), with lots of photographs. Fascinating to be sure.

Magikman

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of Out Of Place artifacts, such as little statues and coins, may be evidence that we have signifcantly miscalculated the history of our own past - modern humans have been around for a lot longer than was previously thought. The only other possible explanations are time travel, or a lot of careless carbondating.

• 1 month later...

As far as Out Of Place Artifacts goes. The only three possibilities I can think of would be E.T's, time travel, or humans were in existence long before we thought. Or any multiple combination of these.

And if humans were naturally around hundreds of thousands or even millions of years ago, then why arent there any records; unless they were all destroyed in some catastophic way. For example, what if humans were around with the dinosaurs, then almost completely wiped out by the same means the dinosaurs were, taking any form of record keeping we had at the time with them. The surviving human population would have to start over again in what we call the ice age.

sounds crazy, but any explanation of Out Of Place Artifacts sounds crazy to me. It should be investigated further in any case. At the very least it's a good dicussion.

• 4 weeks later...

Scuse my ignorance, but with the exception of the the footprints wouldn't the manufactured objects (ie. the chalk ball) reflect the date of it's formation as a natural substance? I don't see how carving it or whatever would change the carbon date of it's original formation. Can someone inlighten me on this subject?

Dalia

Dalia,

Carbon dating(or more specifically radio active carbon dating) can only be used to determine the age of any carbon based(living) organism. Even then, the carbon dating method is only accurate up to approx. 60,000 years which is about the measurable limit of the carbon isotope. Rock formations or structures can only be dated from any fossils that may be trapped inside. Therefore, inorganic materials like chalk balls or any metal substances cannot be carbon dated. Here's a link to a more detailed explanation as to how carbon dating works;

http://www.c14dating.com/k12.html

MAGIKMAN

• 6 years later...

I find this subject very fascinating. I myself believe that humans where much more advance in our ancient past then we are now currently.

There and only 3 option. Aliens, Time Travel and ancient Advanced humans.

I find this subject very fascinating. I myself believe that humans where much more advance in our ancient past then we are now currently.

Right. Why has a 6 year old thread been reserected for this? There are countless threads that cover those topics, all of which have varying amounts of truth and nonsense therein. This one was rubbish from the beginning and doesn't need bringing back.

You missed option 4, that it's all a hoax.

These objects and findings completely predate any humans on the planet by a huge amount - meaning that they must be Extra Terrestrial.

It is strange that such findings have not been officially announced and accepted by scientific communities. Many findings of ancient human footprints and man-made objects have been conclusively dated to times long before humans evolved on earth, but nobody seems to want to have anything to do with them.

This is probably because these findings are so incredible that they are considered totally impossible - bringing us back to the title of this thread - "Impossible Findings"

No matter how hard science tries to ignore these findings, they will never go away, and have to be taken into consideration if we are to ever fully understand the complete history of our own planet.

Exectly. Because we tend to find things on purpose or by accident.

These are very interesting events. I wonder if these events would have anything to do with the Philadelphia Project? With science today and science that can evolve from science of today, just about anything is possible.

I agree with Emma -- there are /many/ of these in the Alternate History pages; unless someone has a theory of why these things exist and are deliberately covered up (or why they are hoaxed) it might be more a propos there.

--Jaylemurph

I've read about a chain found imbedded in coal in a book published by TIME magazine. There were a couple other things like that too. Great topic!

If even one human footprint or manufactured hi-tech item was conclusively dated to pre-human times, it would be conclusive evidence of either extra-terrestrial visition of human time travel.

Wouldn't it make more sense that there was advanced human civilizations on earth that were wiped out by a ELE?

And I suppose their bones would have just magically disappeared.

Impossible Findings

1. in February, 1993, the Florida Sun reported that a Russian Air Force General claimed three Russian cosmonauts were sent to the moon on a secret mission to expose a cover-up by the American Space Administration NASA. They brought back evidence that members of the first Appollo mission had found the remains of a giant dinosaur half buried in the moon dust.

Very few people believe the story.

I doubt this ever happened.

2. Maximilien Melleville, Vice president of the Societe Academique of Laon, France, reported in The Geologist the discovery of a perfectly formed Early Eocene chalk ball. Both the ball and it's immediate surroundings showed signs of having been shaped from a larger block, then freed by a sharp blow - in other words, the ball seems to have beenmanufactured. Yet it's age must be between 45 and 55 million years, again well before the appearance of humanity on the planet.
And how would they have dated it?

3. Coal mines have also produced a barrel - shaped block of silver, an iron pot, and a stone carved with several identical heads of an old man. All these finds are at least 260 million years old.
Same as the last one.

4. A 1983 edition of the Moscow News reported a find in the Turkmen Republic of a fossil human footprint...next to the giant footprint of a three toed dinosaur. Both prints were found in Jurassic rock and seems to be about 150 million years old.
If I'm thinking of the right one this was proven to be a hoax. Edited by Ashigaru

I've heard about "Out Of Place Artifacts" in the past, and it is a very interesting subject. If even one human footprint or manufactured hi-tech item was conclusively dated to pre-human times, it would be conclusive evidence of either extra-terrestrial visition of human time travel. A human foot print next to a dinosaur track may be evidence of time travel, and I've heard of some strange metallic objects which were allegedly dated to hundreds of thousands of years ago. I'm not sure if that was ever conclusively proved, but it would certainly be worth examining further.

The problem with the time traveller is that the time traveller would have had shoes or boots of some sort not bare feet.

The problem with the time traveller is that the time traveller would have had shoes or boots of some sort not bare feet.

Thats so simple but brillant. good thought.

Agreed very well said. Its like they want us to believe something that is not true and they are saying "Don't look at that! Look at me, listen to what I am saying" Kind of reminds me of religion....

Unless they time traveled naked, like Terminator, to avoid the possibility of arriving with their clothing/boots wearing their body!

I'd be more inclined to believe any of these stories if they were published in the scientific literature instead of the mass media or the internet. If no scientists were involved, how do they know the dates. If scientists were involved, why no publication?