Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marilyn Manson... Satanic?

Uteromind

I don't mind Marilyn Manson's music (it's actually pretty good), but I've read that he is a member of the Church of Satan, and some people refer to him as 'Reverend Manson'. I don't believe this. Manson said in 'Bowling For Columbine' that he is only trying to speak his mind (or something like that) In my opinion, Manson has good music and he's trying to propel his popularity with controversy (like Eminem did, but in a different way) and shock value (via his fearful image).

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Yelekiah

• Lady Valkyrie

• Mr Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He doesn;t worship satan.

But he likes the ideals of the church of satan becuase it's the exact opposite to christianity which he hates.

I don't mind Marilyn Manson's music (it's actually pretty good), but I've read that he is a member of the Church of Satan, and some people refer to him as 'Reverend Manson'. I don't believe this. Manson said in 'Bowling For Columbine' that he is only trying to speak his mind (or something like that) In my opinion, Manson has good music and he's trying to propel his popularity with controversy (like Eminem did, but in a different way) and shock value (via his fearful image).

716098[/snapback]

Honorable Rev. Manson!

It was given to him by Anton LaVey the founder of the Church of Satan. COS is misunderstood any ways. It isn't about satan. devil.gif

Satanism = adversity!

Read more about it before you start to judge!

716098[/snapback]

Honorable Rev. Manson!

It was given to him by Anton LaVey the founder of the Church of Satan. COS is misunderstood any ways. It isn't about satan. devil.gif

Satanism = adversity!

716117[/snapback]

I'm not trying to judge!

716117[/snapback]

716098[/snapback]

Honorable Rev. Manson!

Satanism = adversity!

716117[/snapback]

its very split up , some are Athiests, others actual Satanists.

you Satanist?

People sure like to judge a lot (not saying that anyone here did, just the people who thinks he's Satanic). No, he's not Satanic, and neither is The Price of Darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne.

Not really, but I do like some of their ideas. I really really really really love their first sin though! It is a sin to be stupid!

its very split up , some are Athiests, others actual Satanists.

you Satanist?

716283[/snapback]

I'm not satanist. I'm Roman Catholic but I'm questioning my faith and feel that I'm becoming an atheist... Why do you want to know?

sorry, I was asking Kratos

sorry, I was asking Kratos

716328[/snapback]

Did I sound mean? Sorry... wasn't intended. The big, bold, red letters where to get your attention. To many people judge what they don't understand. I have done it in the past, not that I'm proud of it either. I'd rather have you understand then fear...

"As far as modern music I'm all for bands doing things for the cause of Satanism: Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, the Reverend Horton Heat. I'm as supportive as I can get with these people."

- Anton LaVey

Anton LaVey writes, “There are sound and logical reasons why the Satanists could not perform such sacrifices. Man, the animal, is the godhead to the Satanist. The purest form of carnal existence reposes in the bodies of animals and human children who have not grown old enough to deny themselves their natural desires. They can perceive things that the average adult human can never hope to. Therefore, the Satanist holds these beings in a sacred regard, knowing he can learn much from these natural magicians of the world.” LaVey, The Satanic Bible, 89. Similarly, Church of Satan Reverend Marilyn Manson writes that what nearly everyone in his life “had misunderstood about Satanism was that it is not about ritual sacrifices, digging up graves and worshipping the devil. The devil doesn’t exist. Satanism is about worshipping yourself, because you are responsible for your own good and evil.” Marilyn Manson and Neil Strauss, The Long Hard Road Out of Hell (New York: NY: HarperPerennial, 1998), 164.

Edited by __Kratos__

That is so true! The devil does not exist! It's really annoying me off when ignorant religious fanatics at school call the music I listen to (rock, alternative, metal) 'Devil Music'. Some idiots even think I'm a goth (lol... i'm not)

That is so true! The devil does not exist! It's really annoying me off when ignorant religious fanatics at school call the music I listen to (rock, alternative, metal) 'Devil Music'. Some idiots even think I'm a goth (lol... i'm not)

716466[/snapback]

I can relate to that very well. I live and have grown up in a very christian community and I hear it so very * much. I love to see the faces of uppity snobs when I walk down the street with my earphones spewing out "Devil Music"! rofl.gif It is better to be yourself then to wear a mask of someone that you are not. thumbsup.gif

"Find out what's really out there. I never said to be like me, I say be like you and make a difference."

- Marilyn Manson

Some sites I found on the Church Of Satan:

The Nine Satanic Sins

Satanism 101

About the Church Of Satan

Satanic doctrine: Ethics, Sins, Rules

Church of Satan Homepage

Edited by __Kratos__

Yeah, I agree that he is not a "devil-worshipper" or anything like that. One of the best ways to gain notoriety is by being controversial. If you have Baptists boycotting you, that's more PR hype than you could dish up on your own!

There is nothing Marilyn Manson has done that was'nt already covered by people such as Alice Cooper. I personally can't wait for the day he gives up making music, I can't stand him. I saw him live twice, and spent most of the time at the bar...

satanist? whatever... rolleyes.gif

Yes... My friends sister was watching the video "Personal Jesus with us and she wet herself!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL he may be satanic i dunno... probably not...

i am sick and tired of Marilyn Manson is this and that but to be honest with u i think he rocks i love his music i mean i get sterotyped a lot people everywhere calling me a goth and it can get annoying at first but now i am like ya wotever i dont give a toss wot u think.

He aint a devil worshiper its an act like Mocosi in big brother saying shes pergant it aint true its 100% fake but i love him for his music i got a poster of him in mybedroom wall to prove that sorry if i sound like i n00b for liking him but its my taste in music lol

Oh i didnt say i didnt like him, i think he is great!!!!! You see, my favorite color is black, and i wear a ton of black clothes and those stupid pople call me a goth, and because i love Evanescense

isint he a preast in the church of satan?

717030[/snapback]

Apparently....

well, at least it makes him feel special... laugh.gif

Oh i didnt say i didnt like him, i think he is great!!!!! You see, my favorite color is black, and i wear a ton of black clothes and those stupid pople call me a goth, and because i love Evanescense

717432[/snapback]

i like dem too

Anyone who calls themselves a satanist needs counselling.

You can cover it by saying it is realism, but the name is satan. This means you are talking in the context of the opposite of a blissful afterlife where you are at peace.

Idiots.

isint he a preast in the church of satan?

717030[/snapback]

Yeah, i though he was the reverend marilyn manson, ordaned by the church of Satan

at least according to the 'rock-a-pedia' right mr ed?

Edited by nick_fury

Yeah, i though he was the reverend marilyn manson, ordaned by the church of Satan

Ah, that book brings us hours of excitement! It is pretty old, I don't know if it is in there!.

I think he was ordained. In my darker days I read his biography. Argh.

Ah, that book brings us hours of excitement! It is pretty old, I don't know if it is in there!.

I think he was ordained. In my darker days I read his biography. Argh.

717489[/snapback]

ah yes...

but for a really good read, try 'Lords of Chaos', or 'Lucifer Rising'... devil.gif

Did everybody just ignore my posts on the first page explaining satanism and how MM isn't a satanist? no.gif