Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

fresh blood for the team

pozexis

greetings and salutations,

i have been reading this forum for like a week now, and for me its the ultimate source for uneplained mysteries, it really helped me learn new stuff, and even improve myself. the thing is, i always believed in ghosts, my granmother and her grandmother had this ability of seeing ghosts and spirits, and a part of that vision power is inside me, i didnt see a ghost in my life, but i hear voices all the time, i had sp, i saw a cloud of ectoplasm (i guess) when i was a kid. well since the day i started reading this forum, i have this incredible fear in me, i mean without a reason i am afraid of something and i dont know what it is, this keeps me from sleeping, its been almost like a week and slept only for like 8 hours, if you have any suggestions that would be great

thanks, its good to join you guys

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pozexis

• NME_locus

• Nadia B.

• isis-999

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, maybe you have just scared yourself from all the story's you have read here, your mind may just be playing tricks on you,since you have been reading this for a week; and the less you sleep the more mind games you will play with yourself; when i first started reading the post i would hear things at night but it was just in my mind; it no longer upsets me,because i know its just stores, grin2.gif

Welcome to the best forum on the net! I'm sure you will make may friends here! Happy posting. original.gif

thank you ladies, you know isis, i hope youre right, even though i believe in them , i dont actually want to meet with them, they scares the hell outta me, i read about the people going haunted places for hunting, i guess i would loose my mind there, i have clostrophobia (i bet i spelled that wrong) and im afraid of dark, im sleeping with my light on since i was a baby, i know that my mind is playing tricks on my most of the time, but o well, they do exist or not, dudes, just dont come to my place to meet me no.gif

Welcome..You know; hearing voices is never a healthy thing. Usually it's a definite sign of mental illness..Add that to your increasing feelings of fear for no ggod reason, and I think a trip to the doctor may be in order before anything else..

i hear you falco dontgetit.gif maybe thats the right thing to do, i mean ok i believe in them but this sudden explosion of feelings cant be health anyway, but the thing is my mom!s a psycheatrist (wrong spelling again i bet) and i cant talk to her about this kinda stuff, i tried once and she treated me like im loosing it ( hmm angry.gif )

and if i go see another doc about this, she sure will know about it cause cyprus is a very very small and she knows and in touch with all docs, but if this keeps banging me, i will have no choice but to go sad.gif , thanks for the concern dude thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the forum pozexis,im fairly new myself as well..good to have someone from Cyprous man! original.gif To ur story now,i agree totally with Isis as i've experienced this too.U have to get more sleep cause absence of sleep affects our thoughts,our mind,our reality sometimes..if u slept only for 8 hours through a whole week that sure is a very little sleep time to get! I guess u have some fear of the dark as well,since u sleep with lights on everytime..for now just try relaxing n clear ur mind from bad thoughts,i dont think ur going crazy or anything but take it easy on things.. wink2.gif

I guess u have some fear of the dark as well,since u sleep with lights on everytime..

718716[/snapback]

imaginary thanks for your cancern (am i spelling this wrong?) but im not a little afraid of dark, dude im completely afraid of it, i cant go to dark places, i cry if im alone in the dark, and if power goes off, i cant sleep if my light is not on, yes im 22 years old and im scared the hell outta dark like a kid, i dunno why but i feel im lost, in danger in darkness, this may sound like a joke to you guys but i avoid walking in shadows as much as i can during daylight, damn i hate this

N where does ur fear of the dark comes from?? Have u had some bad experience related with darkness? Or just the usual common fear of the dark..btw,same age original.gif

N where does ur fear of the dark comes from?? Have u had some bad experience related with darkness? Or just the usual common fear of the dark..btw,same age original.gif

718997[/snapback]

i have no idea man, i wish i could figure that out cause it realy bothers me, i dont know what you mean by common fear of the dark (iron maiden rocks!!!) but it really really scares me, i mean its like nothing else, im 22, i cry if im alone in the dark, i cant be in the dark places, not even shadows during daylight(they dont scare me, i just dont feel comfortable) this is very sick dude...

oh and funi, it was in my grandmas house, it was winter and raining outside, so we were sitting there with my grandma, she said she were going to take a shower, i was sitting in the living room alone, and i assure you, you dont want to, cause my grandma have a very strong 6th sense and damn she hears and sees ghosts all the time, anyway, i was alone watching this movie, and suddenly i saw this big, almost liquidly solid cloud just past by me swirling like hell to out of window, i was just paralyzed, i thought it was a ghost back then but the fact that it was almost like liquid just gave me the idea that it could be ectoplasm, as i sad im not an expert and i dunno for sure, im just guessing...

thank you ladies, you know isis, i hope youre right, even though i believe in them , i dont actually want to meet with them, they scares the hell outta me, i read about the people going haunted places for hunting, i guess i would loose my mind there, i have clostrophobia (i bet i spelled that wrong) and im afraid of dark, im sleeping with my light on since i was a baby, i know that my mind is playing tricks on my most of the time, but o well, they do exist or not, dudes,  just dont come to my place to meet me  no.gif

718581[/snapback]

Hey look my son has always hated sleeping with the light off;he is 15,even as a baby he would cry if i turned his light off,he has a very high IQ,point i am making,sometime people are just different,if you are not using drugs(voice's)should be looked into,Falco is correct hearing things that are not there could be the first sign of mental illness, if your mother is a doctor, she should know this and want to help you, the real question here is- did all the noise and fear start before you came to the form or after? before you may need help, after you have just allowed yourself to be spooked, but if it helps at all you are not the only adult who fears the dark!! alot of people post here that darkness scares them, so try to figure out why you are afraid, and work on that,

Here is a foot note, some say if a baby is afraid of the dark he is remembering his reincarnation into this world; i have to wonder since a child lives 9 months in darkness, why would they fear it after they are born, but i know it is true because of my own son! and it is hard to explain a child with a iq of 140 when they were only 13, he must be remembering something, yes.gifwink2.gif

I can totally relate to fear of the dark. Paralyzing fear. Anyway, checking out the boards does kind of increase the "looking over your shoulder" phenomena. tongue.gif Maybe you'll get used to it. And really, get some sleep. That thinky thinky round and round at bedtime isn't conducive to a good night's rest. Believe me, I know. Try to relax in the bed and clear your mind. Don't pay attention to all the creaks and cracks you tend to hear. And welcome. Oh, and sorry I snip-snapped at you this morning. thumbsup.gif

thank you ladies, you know isis, i hope youre right, even though i believe in them , i dont actually want to meet with them, they scares the hell outta me, i read about the people going haunted places for hunting, i guess i would loose my mind there, i have clostrophobia (i bet i spelled that wrong) and im afraid of dark, im sleeping with my light on since i was a baby, i know that my mind is playing tricks on my most of the time, but o well, they do exist or not, dudes,  just dont come to my place to meet me  no.gif

718581[/snapback]

Hey look my son has always hated sleeping with the light off;he is 15,even as a baby he would cry if i turned his light off,he has a very high IQ,point i am making,sometime people are just different,if you are not using drugs(voice's)should be looked into,Falco is correct hearing things that are not there could be the first sign of mental illness, if your mother is a doctor, she should know this and want to help you, the real question here is- did all the noise and fear start before you came to the form or after? before you may need help, after you have just allowed yourself to be spooked, but if it helps at all you are not the only adult who fears the dark!! alot of people post here that darkness scares them, so try to figure out why you are afraid, and work on that,

719097[/snapback]

The problem with the mother being a doc, is that she's too close to the situation. I do know what it's like to live in a small town. Privacy laws don't really phase people sometimes. Sorry, dude. And isis, I completely agree with you.

isis im not trying to show off by teling you this but i have iq of 145, and if that thing you said is right its probably it, and this hearing stuff started the night i first visited the forum, ill take few days and if im still hearing/seeing things, ill talk to my mom, by the way, im not sure if thats the reason but if it is the cause of my fear about the darkness thank you sooooooooooooo much, cause ive been looking for a logical answer for whole my life, now i got one thanks to you thumbsup.gif and dunno if my fear will ever go away but the things i read here gives me the idea that this fear may be a good use to me, staying me out of dark thus from them dontgetit.gif thanks again isis original.gif

I can totally relate to fear of the dark.  Paralyzing fear.  Anyway, checking out the boards does kind of increase the "looking over your shoulder" phenomena.  tongue.gif Maybe you'll get used to it.  And really, get some sleep.  That thinky thinky round and round at bedtime isn't conducive to a good night's rest.  Believe me, I know.  Try to relax in the bed and clear your mind.  Don't pay attention to all the creaks and cracks you tend to hear.  And welcome.  Oh, and sorry I snip-snapped at you this morning.  thumbsup.gif

719100[/snapback]

its nothing wannabe =) you know what they say (here comes the bad spelling) best relationships always start with an argument (tadaaaaaa) thumbsup.gif

Welcome, maybe you have just scared yourself from all the story's you have read here, your mind may just be playing tricks on you,since you have been reading this for a week; and the less you sleep the more mind games you will play with yourself; when i first started reading the post i would hear things at night but it was just in my mind; it no longer upsets me,because i know its just stores, grin2.gif

718563[/snapback]

POZEXIS - welcome to UM. Remember that these are just stories and any of them can have easily be made up. Don't let anyone's perspective or ideas influence you to believe anything. They might make it seem the there way is the correct way. You chose yourself. If any of you disagree with what I'm saying....than this would look exactly what you are doing. We can only express our oponions..though you chose what's right. Many heads are better than one unless your influenced. Most importantly...have fun.

ISIS ....that was well put friend, that is probably more accurate then any other explaination. That also brings up a good point. You guys must remember that reading stuff like this makes your brain work, thinking deeper, and effects reality caused by the mind. When I first read through this forum, I was the alsways hearing Sh**..now it's gone away. No more seeing stuff out of the corner of my eye, or shadow people..though they do exist. Going to the cemeteries at night in the woods isn't so bad anymore. I'm able to concentrate better during hunts, keeping my mind more clear, at peace, yet open.

Edited by NME_locus

thanks NME , its good to be around, and once again it feels awesome being in contact with smart people, i missed that =), and you know NME it did make me think deeper and harder about phenomena, my first day here at UM forum was like a rushed explosion of data to my brain, thats most probably causing my brain creating halucinations for me (thanks brain), but on the other hand, as i said my familly members (elder ones) have this 6th sense, and if i also have this sense, im gonna go nuts soon, and one more general question by the way,does talking about them attracts them? if yes lie me about that unsure.gif

thanks NME , its good to be around, and once again it feels awesome being in contact with smart people, i missed that =), and you know NME it did make me think deeper and harder about phenomena, my first day here at UM forum was like a rushed explosion of data to my brain, thats most probably causing my brain creating halucinations for me (thanks brain), but on the other hand, as i said my familly members (elder ones) have this 6th sense, and if i also have this sense, im gonna go nuts soon, and one more general question by the way,does talking about them attracts them? if yes lie me about that  unsure.gif

719153[/snapback]

I don't think talking really matters, if they can feel you out anyways. That's why you should not just jump into something to look for ghost, but walk around so they can feel you out and see if you are a threat to them, your secrets...etc..It is a gift and previlege to have a 6th sense. It makes you sensitive so, if you believe you have it, then tune it, and it will help you, or else you won't know the difference between your 6th sense or you mind playing tricks on you. I was able to go and investigate a cemetery on my own..which is not good advice. I had to prepare because the thought of knowing that I was investigating a graveyard deep in the forest of Brazos Valley way down unpaved paths in a car and 48 miles from the next living person in the area. Cell phone reception is gone due to the valleys and terrain...and trust...doing this after midnite id the worst part...but learning things in UM has helped me think differently.

Edited by NME_locus

thanks NME , its good to be around, and once again it feels awesome being in contact with smart people, i missed that =), and you know NME it did make me think deeper and harder about phenomena, my first day here at UM forum was like a rushed explosion of data to my brain, thats most probably causing my brain creating halucinations for me (thanks brain), but on the other hand, as i said my familly members (elder ones) have this 6th sense, and if i also have this sense, im gonna go nuts soon, and one more general question by the way,does talking about them attracts them? if yes lie me about that  unsure.gif

719153[/snapback]

Hah! Yeah, lies are good sometimes. As for talking about "them", here's the thing: Anytime you acknowledge or talk about something (whatever it is), it will seem like it occurs more often. Does that make sense? Like reading these boards. Anyone with an imagination will tell you (if they're honest) that when they first came and read these stories and saw some of these pictures, they thought they started "hearing noises" or "felt a presence". For the most part, it's paranoia. And most of us realize that. And don't get me started on the brain. Suffice it to say that it can be terribly wicked at times. devil.gif

Welcome..You know; hearing voices is never a healthy thing. Usually it's a definite sign of mental illness..Add that to your increasing feelings of fear for no ggod reason, and I think a trip to the doctor may be in order before anything else..

718677[/snapback]

Excuse Falco if he's being mean. He always has good stuff and logical reasons though. I think the power of the mind influences you to hear things, so no reason for a trip to the doctors. Everyone does something weird.

718677[/snapback]

Excuse Falco if he's being mean. He always has good stuff and logical reasons though. I think the power of the mind influences you to hear things, so no reason for a trip to the doctors. Everyone does something weird.

719183[/snapback]

Actually, I think I've gotten meaner statements from Falco than this. blush.gif There's really not a delicate way to bring mental illness into a conversation. But it's still something that definately needs to be considered. thumbsup.gif

719183[/snapback]

I don't feel Falco was being mean. I totally agree that hearing voices is a sign of mental illness and I also think you should probably take a trip to the doctor... yes.gif

719183[/snapback]

I don't feel Falco was being mean. I totally agree that hearing voices is a sign of mental illness and I also think you should probably take a trip to the doctor... yes.gif

719195[/snapback]

dang people..LOL...I understand if you hear voices all the time then yeah, but what if someone never hears voices on a regular basis and hears it. Then they are sharing it with us for advice..who are we to be experts on directing people to go see a doctor. It's an equivelant to just bluntly saying your crazy. So why is it crazy...I guess everyone in this dang forum needs to go to the doctor for help then huh.

He did mention that he hasn't slept good, and sleep deprevation can contribute. Doesn't mean he's crazy.....

I am planning on running another experiment involving sleep deprevation again. My first attempt, I stayed awake for 7.5 days with no food and little water. My second attempt was 9 days no sleep. It's so hard to drive after no sleep for that long. i continued my daily routines but subtracted the sleep. Trust me...I saw things that were so real.. like the crowd of people I nearly hit that was not really there. By the 4th day each attempt...I start seeing what I call "the rain" or the fog...looks like a heavy dosage of chlorine in your eyes.

My next attempt is 14 days. i will post when I plan to attempt this.

You can call me crazy for attempting this again, but you really can't call me crazy if I have that much self discipline to keep myself awake. It takes total control though my body tried to shut down. Nope, not to much time on my hands, I did this while and presently the facilities coordinator for a software firm dealing with for oil, gas and energy. And I handle seccurity regarding Sobaines Oxley policies due to the Enron scandel. It was hard to keep this experimant from my manager and not let my frustration out...as i felt so aggravated...but maintained.

Edited by NME_locus