Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

yea very helpful

kill_them_all533

BFG waht do you mean when you say someone needs to be judged on there actions????  I am curiuos.

719329[/snapback]

I didn't mean anything by it. I was only trying to point out the stupidity of sterotyping and generalising anyone based on one facet of their lives. I mean, if I started a post which spoke of an atheist who had no respect for anything except himself, who bashes up those who disagree with him, who binges, does drugs, is abusive, rude, arrogant...... then make the statement "THIS IS WHY I THINK ATHEISM IS BAD!", as if all Atheists are like this, then I'd be flamed, labeled as judgmental, right?

So why is it perceived as ok for a non-believer to do exactly the same thing on Christianity? Just a thought.

Edited by BFG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kill_them_all533

• Jodie.Lynne

• LordBailey

• bacca

Top Posters In This Topic

As for you Kill if you have this dislike why post here? what are looking for? do you want someone to defend you are to tell you that your wrong? or perhaps looking for someplace to vent? I don't know but I think the point here is to be able to do that.....I do it all the time and frustrate poor 101 and Sheri because I just can't seem to grasp things...sorry  ......anyway that's my opinion I could be wrong

more or less you got it. i try to look past my anger and see what other people who really have not been in the situation at hand say because it helps me gain perspective on the situation. and helps me figure out what to do next without causing more damage than is already done or to prevent it.

Well bacca, the reason I wrote "call the authorities" is because, it is an obvious thing to do, which he didn't indicate. If I recall, his words were something to the effect of: "She's not going back as long as I'm around". He also made a statement to the effect that "everyone" knows he is a dangerous individual.

And, given his screen name, and how he sought revenge on those that wronged him, it seemed the wise and prudent thing to say. Wouldn't you agree?

i actually would not call the law unless i really had to. i dont like having the law involved because ive had many a time where things that dident have to be so complicated ended up to be. along with more problems created than solved.

As for you Kill if you have this dislike why post here? what are looking for? do you want someone to defend you are to tell you that your wrong? or perhaps looking for someplace to vent? I don't know but I think the point here is to be able to do that.....I do it all the time and frustrate poor 101 and Sheri because I just can't seem to grasp things...sorry  ......anyway that's my opinion I could be wrong

more or less you got it. i try to look past my anger and see what other people who really have not been in the situation at hand say because it helps me gain perspective on the situation. and helps me figure out what to do next without causing more damage than is already done or to prevent it.

Well bacca, the reason I wrote "call the authorities" is because, it is an obvious thing to do, which he didn't indicate. If I recall, his words were something to the effect of: "She's not going back as long as I'm around". He also made a statement to the effect that "everyone" knows he is a dangerous individual.

And, given his screen name, and how he sought revenge on those that wronged him, it seemed the wise and prudent thing to say. Wouldn't you agree?

i actually would not call the law unless i really had to. i dont like having the law involved because ive had many a time where things that dident have to be so complicated ended up to be. along with more problems created than solved.

720963[/snapback]

if you refuse to contact the law then you have no defence if they eventually prosecute and send you to gaol (for anything you do that breaks the law regarding this case (obviously in reason).).

infact i bet the first question of the prosecution will be "why did you not call the authorities"

The law does not accept (generally) emotional knee jerk reactions to situations, and you are expected to act with due dilligance and sense in all your actions especially for something over a long period of time.

you are not " the minister of justice" and have no right to take matters in your own hands regarding what laws are or are not applicable.

play it by the book and you will be untouchable. make your own judgements and you may end up in gaol (justifiably too)

now if only i thought like you people. but unfortunatly i do not and now there will be a custody case for my friend between her uncle and parents. they actually did not press charges and i dont think they have the time to do so at this point.

I can understand your worries kill...But they are right to an extent..If you do not trust the police is there someone else that you do trust? Or are you here because there is no one?

Aside from that fact that we can not do anything but suggest that you find some outside help.....But as for your posting here, what are you looking for? do you want justification for not believing in god? do you just need someone to understand you? no one here can know what you are wanting unless you tell us