Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London Under Attack

<bleeding_heart>

Emergency services have been called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion, British Transport Police said.

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We have just sent some resources out to the scene. We have sent a number of vehicles to Liverpool Street station."

A BTP spokesman said that emergency services were dealing with reports of an explosion at 8.49am on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate.

It is thought that the incident was caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable exploding.

British Transport Police confirmed that there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"There are walking wounded, but that is as much as we know at the moment," said the spokesman.

He confirmed that the incident took place on the Metropolitan Line between Aldgate and Liverpool Street and said the line has been evacuated.

King's Cross, Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations have also been cleared.

Source

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• Talon

• girty1600

• SnakeProphet

-Unconfirmed reports of a double decker bus being blown apart by a bomb.

-Union official says at least one explosive device was on the tube.

'Walking wounded' after blast on Underground

(Filed: 07/07/2005)

All underground services have been shut down after multiple blasts on the Metropolitan Line which have caused an unknown number of injuries.

Several underground stations have been closed after the blasts between Liverpool Street and Aldgate which happened during rush hour.

Explosions, have occurred at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square, British Transport Police said.

There are "walking wounded" and paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"There are walking wounded, but that is as much as we know at the moment," said a BTP spokesman.

One witness who was on a train at Aldgate told Sky News: "People were screaming, we could not get out.

"There was so much dust, people were choking. I thought I was going to die of dust inhalation.

"One woman told us to get down. We got out of one of the doors that had busted open. There were bodies and pieces of train everywhere.

"There was a huge hole on the side of the carriage."

A Sky producer, who was at Russell Square, said an explosion "definitely happened above ground".

He described the top of a bus being "completely destroyed".

"There must be some considerable injuries," he added.

BTP initially blamed power surges, but the National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, later said there had been no problems with its system this morning which could have contributed to the incidents.

A Metronet spokesman said: "It looks as if we have a major incident. The whole system is being shut down."

King's Cross, Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations have been cleared.

Mainline train company First Great Western said its services into London's Paddington station were terminating at Reading in Berkshire because of the Underground crisis.

More follows...

Edited by <bleeding_heart>

I was just about to make a thread about this... wow I wonder what the cause is... terrorism? Hopefully something more innocent though...

Hopefully its an accident and its confusion but it looks like its bombs.

Just heard on teh radio that its hitting more transport stations..... seems something big is going down in england ohmy.gif

Latest from BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...don/4659093.stm

There have been several explosions on the underground which are still - officially - being atrributed to a power surge. However at least one, possibly three, buses have also been hit.

This looks like being timed to coincide with G8

Definatley. The police have said there will be controlled explosions being carried out.

The BBC and Sky News sites are inundated with visitors and I haven't been able to access them - several co-ordinated explosions have occured in London both on buses and in the underground. This is almost certainly a terrorist attack which has been planned to coincide with the G8 summit.

Guest Lottie

Hi all

Just to let you know I am okay...I hope Galor and Tommy and anyone else living in london are okay as well.

Phone lines are down where I am, there has just been another bomb explosion just reported. So far three buses have exploded and several bombs have gone off around Kings Cross area, Aldgate and I can't think...

crying.gif Sorry i am panicking. We have been told to stay at home and not go out. People are trapped in the underground where bombs went off, its all too much, I am scared. Need a cup of tea. Still trying to get in contact with friends in the area...be back soon . Love you all x

Edited by Lottie

Its great to hearyour ok.

Good to know you are ok

Yesterday London was so excited that the Olympics were coming there. Today a completely different picture.

All I can say at this point is that all of my European friends are in my thoughts and prayers. crying.gif

My God, I just turned on the news! I hope I am seeing the worst of it.... crying.gif

Merged topics on the London explosions

Glad to hear your ok Lottie.

Apparently there have been 6 explosions. Yeh the Tube system is down. Many casualties but apparently no deaths as yet. ALL of the transport systems are suspended for the moment. Its chaos! A double decker bus had its top blown off. no.gif This is the perfect time for a terrorist attack with the G8 Summit and the London 2012 olympics being announced. Why is this world full of screwed up people!?

Apparently there have been 6 explosions. Yeh the Tube system is down. Many casualties but apparently no deaths as yet. ALL of the transport systems are suspended for the moment. Its chaos! A double decker bus had its top blown off.  no.gif  This is the perfect time for a terrorist attack with the G8 Summit and the London 2012 olympics being announced. Why is this world full of screwed up people!?

718648[/snapback]

I live just outside London I there are reports that bodies were on railway/undergrund lines how true i dont know

Oh my God.. I just saw pieces of a a person on the news........Oh this is just awful!

Oh no! sad.gif 80 casualties now apparently. Ive heard the reports about the bodies now, its terrible. no.gif I was planning to go to London today, im glad i didnt now!

The cnn affiliate I'm watching is showing bodies, lots of bodies. My God this is awful!

Edited by girty1600

Guest Lottie

Whereabouts are you Obi-Wan? We have been told to stay indoors now. Just heard from friends in East London and they are okay thank god!

People outside in the street are all distressed and panicky. The mood here is panick and sadness. crying.gif I have to go for a bit my connection is playing up, will try and get back soon.

Whereabouts are you Obi-Wan? We have been told to stay indoors now. Just heard from friends in East London and they are okay thank god!

People outside in the street are all distressed and panicky. The mood here is panick and sadness.  crying.gif  I have to go for a bit my connection is playing up, will try and get back soon.

718657[/snapback]

From south Bucks.. If this is delibrate this is terrible there are some sick people out there.. when you hear about explosions etc it doesnt have that affect on you until its right on your door step

They just said on BBC news that there have been talk Al-Qaida circles that something was to happen in London soon, I dearly hope that is not the case, but what else could it be with so many blasts going off at once.