Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London Under Attack

<bleeding_heart>

"How many of London's commuters use the Underground, buses and other public transportation? Like, what percentage?"

3 million a day but I think thats for the whole of Greater London.

Theres still a rescue going on for a trapped train.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• Talon

• girty1600

• SnakeProphet

Charles Clarke (Home Secretary)

- Not in a position to give full details

- 4 confirmed explosions

- Don't know who is responsible

- Underground will remain closed for some time

- Airports are operating normally

- People urged to avoid London

David Davis (Shadow Home Secretary)

- Thanked emergency services for heroism

- Not just an attack on London is an attack on whole country

Now I back America's policy on terrorism, lets hope the free people of this world can come together and stop dastardly terrorism!

718749[/snapback]

Hurts when it hits home, doesn't it? crying.gif Sh*tty ass hell! These flippin criminals need to be rooted out by whatever means! These people have the same mental state as a couple of guys that decided to hijack some planes in 2001. angry.gif

Hurts when it hits home, doesn't it? Sh*tty ass hell! These flippin criminals need to be rooted out by whatever means! These people have the same mental state as a couple of guys that decided to hijack some planes in 2001.

But how are you going to do that?Al quaeda is everywhere.An invasion army is useless.High-tech is useless.If they don't want to be seen,they won't be seen.

The only way to deal with them would involve A LOT of changes in your own country(America or Britain for that matter),and you propably wouldn't like those changes.

Now I back America's policy on terrorism, lets hope the free people of this world can come together and stop dastardly terrorism!

718749[/snapback]

Hurts when it hits home, doesn't it? crying.gif Sh*tty ass hell! These flippin criminals need to be rooted out by whatever means! These people have the same mental state as a couple of guys that decided to hijack some planes in 2001. angry.gif

718772[/snapback]

Not only does it hurt, I feel angered to what those scum have done to MY people. I hope we get these cowards and torture them!!!

Don'y forget, London has been hit many times before. It's nothing new for us.

As for immigrants: I bet those responsible were here perfectly legally.

And remember (if it was Islamic extremists responsible) Muslims as a whole are no more responsible than Christians as a whole were responsible for previous City of Lonodn bombings.

We're British, not Xenophobes original.gif

Don'y forget, London has been hit many times before.  It's nothing new for us.

And remember (if it was Islamic extremists responsible) Muslims as a whole are no more responsible than Christians as a whole were responsible for previous City of Lonodn bombings. 

We're British, not Xenophobes original.gif

718786[/snapback]

Well said thumbsup.gif

Terrible thing, just terrible. My friend is going to london he was Called in, hes a Police OFficer there.

Its reasonable to be mad but dont let it change you, dont point blindly into a group of people, your better then that. Go for the Juggular not the foot.

~Thanato

2 confirmed is not that many.......I wonder if it's more of a political statement rather than an attempt to actually hurt people huh.gif

They were able to kill a lot more people,I'm sure of it.....somethings not right there.

Hurts when it hits home, doesn't it?  Sh*tty ass hell! These flippin criminals need to be rooted out by whatever means! These people have the same mental state as a couple of guys that decided to hijack some planes in 2001.

But how are you going to do that?Al quaeda is everywhere.An invasion army is useless.High-tech is useless.If they don't want to be seen,they won't be seen.

The only way to deal with them would involve  A LOT of changes in your own country(America or Britain for that matter),and you propably wouldn't like those changes.

718783[/snapback]

What can/should be done? nothing? Just let it go and hope it goes away?

I don't think turing a blind eye is a good strategy.

This is a pest that won't go away by ignoring it.

At least 10 killed at King's Cross, London - CNN

Source

LONDON (Reuters) - CNN television said at least 10 people had been confirmed killed in an explosion at London's King's Cross station on Thursday.

It said one of its producers at the scene had been told of "double-digit fatalities." Official statements have so far reported at least two dead and 185 injured in a wave of apparently coordinated bomb attacks across the British capital.

2 confirmed is not that many.......I wonder if it's more of a political statement rather than an attempt to actually hurt people  huh.gif 

They were able to kill a lot more people,I'm sure of it.....somethings not right there.

718794[/snapback]

4 confirmed 4 ......and two more suspected; that's plenty in a major city considering their targets.

Hi everyone, just an update from here. I’m fine but my little sister had a close escape. She’s doing work experience in the city this week, and when her train was cancelled from Finsbury park she took the tube into Kings Cross. This must have been just before the bomb. They tried to get to Euston but they were told by police that the station was closed, so walked into the city. She was about a few hundred yards away from the bus that exploded, and said there was flying concrete everywhere.

She’s made it to my dad’s office, but I wish they would find a way home already. My dad’s office said that no-one should leave the building until it’s deemed safe enough to do so. All the mobile networks are out too, the landlines are still working though. The news says unconfirmed reports of 20 fatalities? I’m going to try and find out more, but please everyone around London stay safe. sad.gif

Tommy

2 confirmed is not that many.......I wonder if it's more of a political statement rather than an attempt to actually hurt people  huh.gif

718794[/snapback]

Ah, do i see a conspiracy theory beginning to brew...?

Nice to hear your okay Tommy

2 confirmed is not that many.......I wonder if it's more of a political statement rather than an attempt to actually hurt people 

Thats nothing unusual, the IRA used the threat of fear and plenty of smaller attacks to cause distruption and try to get there message accross.

She was about a few hundred yards away from the bus that exploded, and said there was flying concrete everywhere.

Wow, close call. Good thing your sister is okay.

And I'm really, really not in the mood to hear the ravings of conspiracy nutters right now.

718786[/snapback]

Well the Muslim community leaders sure seem to turn a blind eye towards anti-western behavior. Many Islamic leaders openly call for these attacks. If they don't openly calling for them they sure seem to subvertly condone them.

blink.gif

Blair Video

What can/should be done? nothing? Just let it go and hope it goes away?

I don't think turing a blind eye is a good strategy.

This is a pest that won't go away by ignoring it.

Like I said: A lot of changes.

America has done the first step with the patriot act.You'll have to move further in that direction,if you want the ones being made responsible for it to be punished.

There is 1 more option though.

4 confirmed 4 ......and two more suspected; that's plenty in a major city considering their targets.

Considering their targets?They have blown up 4 busses....and only 4 dead?

Ah, do i see a conspiracy theory beginning to brew...?

I tend to stay away from conspiracies but even I can see,that there is something strange with that incident.

Thats nothing unusual, the IRA used the threat of fear and plenty of smaller attacks to cause distruption and try to get there message accross.

That's what I mean.It's not Al-quaedas handwriting.

Edited by Snake_6024

Just heard there was at least 150 dead but only 2 confirmed right now... I'm watching it online. hmm.gif

Just to let you know I am okay...I hope Galor and Tommy and anyone else living in london are okay as well.

Phone lines are down where I am, there has just been another bomb explosion just reported. So far three buses have exploded and several bombs have gone off around Kings Cross area, Aldgate and I can't think...

Sorry i am panicking. We have been told to stay at home and not go out. People are trapped in the underground where bombs went off, its all too much, I am scared. Need a cup of tea. Still trying to get in contact with friends in the area...be back soon . Love you all x

Hi everyone, just an update from here. I’m fine but my little sister had a close escape.

My thoughts are with you Lottie & Tommy, I hope everyone you know is okay also, keep safe