Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London Under Attack

<bleeding_heart>

My feelings go out to everybody who was hurt yesterday. Luckily, the people I know and love in London are OK, but I know so many others aren’t.

Knowing terror from where I live, my heart goes out to all the injured, since I know they’re lives will never be the same.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• Talon

• girty1600

• SnakeProphet

Hi all

Just to let you know I am okay...I hope Galor and Tommy and anyone else living in london are okay as well.

Phone lines are down where I am, there has just been another bomb explosion just reported. So far three buses have exploded and several bombs have gone off around Kings Cross area, Aldgate and I can't think...

crying.gif  Sorry i am panicking. We have been told to stay at home and not go out.  People are trapped in the underground where bombs went off, its all too much, I am scared. Need a cup of tea. Still trying to get in contact with friends in the area...be back soon . Love you all x

718638[/snapback]

Lottie...I am so glad you are ok sweetie...I was in bed most of the day yesterday with a migraine and did not realise any of this was happening until later in the evening.

My thoughts go out to the families of the dead...and those still in hospital.

i'm glad your child is okay too friend.do you live in london?how close to the bomb sites were you?

720902[/snapback]

I live North of London mate but was called down there just after the 2nd explosion and then went back down again later in the afternoon, thanks for your concern.

Glad to hear you're okay, ACG yes.gif

Im ok hun...I don't live too close to London...thanks though wub.gif

I am so glad that people from UM are safe and well...my heart still goes out to those caught in the middle of it all. wub.gif

For all the people of London, and the British citizens in general - my heart is with you during such a dreadful and shameful attack on your way of life. sad.gif.

I heard about it while I was at my base yesterday, but I could contact any of u for obvious reasons.

Lottie, I was glad to read everything was alright with u original.gif.

Anyone knows what's up with Blood Angel? he's a Londoner as well... dontgetit.gif

These b******* who attacked you are the same b******* who kidnapped and tourchered Russian kids in Beslan, who crashed airplanes into civilian targest in the US, who bombed train stations in Spain, who massacred hundreds in Bali, who explode in the cities of Israel, Lebanon and Iraq.

Those are all the same people in the sense that similar ideology leads them - that of death and destruction.

It is not dispare that leads them - but pure hatred, fueled by ill-minded masterminds who are too cowered to carry on the attacks themselves.

Them cowards better be bricking it, looks like the S.A.S are on the job and MI5, MI6, FBI.

Then, Snake, you shouldn't have said anything at all if it wasn't appropriate...

It seems everything I say always upsets someone.Maybe I should stop trying to pretend that I'm actually a nice person,as that obviously isn't working.

Specter is right,it doesn't belong in here.

720362[/snapback]

Snake, perhaps you just come across that way. Perception is truth or so I'm told.

Anyone knows what's up with Blood Angel? he's a Londoner as well...

He's ok, it was actually him who first alerted me to the attacks yesterday morning.

Well, that is very good news. yes.gif

Them cowards better be bricking it,

721089[/snapback]

Those that aren't aready writhing in h*ll, knowing not only were they lied to about going to heaven, but they've totally and utterly failed in their attempts to cause panic, disruption or demoralise the British people.

It's all back to normal today. Hitler bombed is for weeks on end. The IRA tried for years. But we're made of tougher stuff original.gif

That actually suprised me when i saw on the news today. Transport is still going on, traffic is in gridlock once again. Thats how a terrorist attack should be handled - nothing has changed so that means the terrorists lost. Not the American way, with these alert status levels everyday and military-like police with M-16 patrolling the streets. That just creates fear and that's what the terrorists wants

Everyone deals with this sort of threat differently hun...I don't think America's way is the wrong way to deal with it...thats just the best way for them.

I think everyone who has made it to work today and lives in London and are carrying on as normal are fantastic...I don't know if I could. thumbsup.gif

Edited by AliceCoopersGirl

Everyone deals with this sort of threat differently hun...I don't think America's way is the wrong way to deal with it...thats just the best way for them.

I think everyone who has made it to work today and lives in London and are carrying on as normal are fantastic...I don't know if I could. thumbsup.gif

721148[/snapback]

Due to lots of people being given the day off the traffic in london if anything is running easier than before.

But then it did under Hitler

and the I.R.A.

thumbsup.gif

a few bombs aren't gonna bother us the luftwaffe tried it the ira tried it so a few bombs mean nothing

It is sad when anybody dies, whether from a terrorist attack or a heart attack.

This attack as well as all of the other numerous attacks that have taken place since the war on terror should be a lesson to all of us. The war on terror is having a negative effect. Government cannot protect any of us from attacks. In fact, it has done the exact opposite and made all of us more prone to terrorist attacks.

This would be a great time to change foreign policy because it is certainly not working. It will only make everyone safer.

Thats a very good point but I am sure they will just say that becuase of this attack they need to increase the efforts on the war on terror. I agree with you that the governments cannot protect us from these sort of attacks. it's impossible to monitor terrorist activity all over the world. They may be able to secure a few countries but at what cost? Only the total control of society would ensure protection. Would you be willing to give up so many rights to feel secure?

Thats a very good point but I am sure they will just say that becuase of this attack they need to increase the efforts on the war on terror.  I agree with you that the governments cannot protect us from these sort of attacks.  it's impossible to monitor terrorist activity all over the world.  They may be able to secure a few countries but at what cost? Only the total control of society would ensure protection. Would you be willing to give up so many rights to feel secure?

721399[/snapback]

Yes, they will increase their efforts only to increase the amount of terrorist attacks. Good intentions (depending on how you look at it) don't always equal good actions.

We will give up our rights little by little until the government has ultimate control over the people. Then it will eventually collapse upon itself just like all of the great empires of the past.

This attack as well as all of the other numerous attacks that have taken place since the war on terror should be a lesson to all of us.

This would be a great time to change foreign policy because it is certainly not working.  It will only make everyone safer.

721377[/snapback]

Agreed, we need to get to the root cause of terrorism rather than the endless cycle of bombing and invading any country we decide is the nominated scapegoat this time, but how do we do that without doing exactly what the terrorists want? The reaction is instinctively not to give in one inch to these vermin. It may not be the best response, but it's a natural human reaction.

I hold the Daily Star with contempt, but today they got their headline right.

'b*******'

(Maybe not the most productive thing to say, but it was on my mind).

There are only 2 ways to prevent terrorists attacks like this:

1) The entire world converts to the extreme, perverted, evil version of Islam followed by the terrorists.

2) The entire world goes back 10,000 years in time and forthwith no-one leaves their country or has any form of contact with any other country.

Alternatively, we accept them as a bl**dy nuisance, swat them like the gnats they are when we can (and maybe develop better ways of swatting them), but otherwise carry on our normal, law abiding lives showing due consideration to all peoples of all faiths and ethnicity (something these terrorists particularly abhore is tolerance, forgiveness and respect)

The fact is that whatever happened in the past and whatever happens in the future, people like this will always exist. It's a sad fact of human nature. But we won't let the b*ggers get us down!

I dont think Islam wants to convert the entire world. it seems to me they just dont want other countries telling them what they can and cant do.

But you are right human nature is for us to be violent for whatever reason. i dont think humanity has evolved enough for us to be peaceful. The world is still full of fear and hate which makes it impossible for us to live in a peaceful society.

I dont think Islam wants to convert the entire world. 

721577[/snapback]

They interpret the Qu'ran as saying that it is their duty to convert or destroy all non-believers.

The fact they believe in the same god as the Jews and Christians is, of course, conveniently ignored.

Of course, it's worth bearing in mind the the Catholic Church once had exactly the same aims and destroyed many cultures including the Aztecs and Incas as a result.