Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP

Shiggity Shiggity Shwa

is EVP real? i dont know what it stands for but its when you have a TV and your trying to contact the dead. does anybody have any thoughts?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• Mr Ed

• Shiggity Shiggity Shwa

• earthchick

What your describing is 'Instrumental Transcommunication' (ITC).

EVP is Electronic Voice Phenomena, the recording of paranormal voices.

mellow.gif that answers one question but do you know if its real???

I don't know if it's real, but a lot of people believe that it is.

There is a lot of evidence to support it.

i saw that movie like 3 weeks ago and it said on the back of the DVD box something about EVP

so i was just wondering if EVP was real

You have to really work to get a decent EVP, and even then I really don't put any trust into it.

You have to really work to get a decent EVP, and even then I really don't put any trust into it.

I have tried it about 10 times, and the only time there was an inconclusive result was the first time. It was very odd indeed.

How did you do it? i want to know how

I left the recorder on my phone going for 10 minutes in my room. Then I put it on my computer and put the volume on full.

Any recordable device should work.

thats cool

people say that when you use EVP a lot of people are messing with the dead not contacting them

And what sounds did you get, Mr. Ed? I've done this with friends before, mostly what you get is white noise and the sound of the tape machine guts. A couple of my friends said they heard a ghostly burp, but I didn't think there was anything paranormal about any of it.

so alls you guys did was left a tape recorder on for like 20 min and see if there is any noises?

Hey Snuffy. It was pretty odd, I would upload it, but the file is 10 minutes long, I don't have the software to cut the file type it is, down and I don't know how. I hoping that my slightly skeptical repuation will allow you to believe me.

Just before 1 minute, there was a husky noise, then 1 second after a word like 'boy' was said. So it lasted 2-3 seconds. The weird thing I that I was in my room at the time, with the recorder and did not hear that sound. I cannot tell if it is a voice, just that it is freaky.

I can only send it through msn and it only seems to play in quicktime.

Edited by Mr Ed

Weird. Do it again, and this time leave the room while the recorder is on. Then see if you get anything.

Are you absolutely sure that these are voices?

Nope, that is the problem. I am absolutely sure it is something weird and unexplicable to me though. I have listened to it many a time and I am struggling to come up with a viable explanation.

I think you should experiment some with it. Try and get a microphone, to set away from the recorder. Then see if you get the same type of sounds. This way you can rule out noises coming from the recorder itself. Then take recordings with you in and out of the room while the recorder is on, and see what you get with that. Then, after you're finished experimenting and have analyzed your results, get back to me.

The other times I have attempted to get an EVP result, I did that, ish.

I left the room and then every recording I have made, I have listened to and cut out the intereference. So all that I hear is either nothing, or a clear and distinguished sound. I don't think I will try it again, I have now heard too many bad things about it, it is 22:46 and the noise I got was creepy already, it didn't sound very positive.

I am reasonably happy with the one I have, to know that there is probably something weird going on.

Edited by Mr Ed

Hey ED,SNUFFY, look i wanted to ask you, about the EVP, i thought you had to be in a place that had ghost? is this not true can you get reading or voices any where and if so how do you know it is a spirit, i mean why would there be evp, if there are no ghost in the place you are recording? thanks ISIS

Not trying to be funny, i just want to understand how that works grin2.gif

I did it in my room. I don't think you have to be anywhere haunted, but maybe that increased your chances of getting any kind of result.

However, before I moved into my house it did used to be haunted. The girl who lived here first told me her mum get an exorcist/ghost guy round to get rid of it. I don't know if I believe that, but there you go.

I've heard a lot of EVP recordings. Some of the voices were garbled, while others were crystal clear. Voices have been picked up even in places with no history of hauntings. One thing I have noticed about the vast majority of EVP recordings I've heard is that the voices don't really say anything out of the ordinary. In fact most phrases are just very mundane, everyday phrases. Case in point.....EVP recordings were done in a 250 year old building in the town nearest me. This building did have a reputation as being haunted. Quite a few voices were heard on the recording that resulted, but everything that was said was something that could be heard in an ordinary day in any family home. Some of the phrases were of a different time period though. One voice, for instance, was a woman saying, "Here John, let me help you with your collar. This doesn't sound like something a ghost/spirit would say, but it does sound like something a wife might say to her husband when they were getting ready to go out. Other phrases from that same house concerned a boy telling someone his friends were going to meet him down the street.

My personal conclusion/opinion is that EVPs for the most part are snippets of stray sound waves that get picked up. Some of those snippets of sound could be very old, perhaps even lingering within the walls of old buildings for many years. I don't entirely rule out the possibility that spirits could jump on EVP recordings as a chance to communicate.....probably they do at times. But for the most part the voices are nothing paranormal. Just my own opinion of course.

I believe their real from experience, I was once recording a random insert at my friends house and you could hear voices screaming on the tape...

You have to really work to get a decent EVP

Not really. Put tape recorder on "record", leave the place, come back when you want and listen. Not really hard. Just leave the tape while you go do your stuff this way it won't be time consuming nor hard work. It may just take a lot of tries to maby get something.

I don't have the software to cut the file type it is, down and I don't know how

If you have nero software (nero 6 ultra edition), you have nero wave editor just like me. If you have this it takes roughly a minute to cut it like you want. If you don't have it, you can find it on a good P2P like bear share. It could work with adobe premiere as well but I doubt you have it...

Hey ED,SNUFFY, look i wanted to ask you, about the EVP, i thought you had to be in a place that had ghost? is this not true can you get reading or voices any where and if so how do you know it is a spirit, i mean why would there be evp, if there are no ghost in the place you are recording? thanks ISIS

No need to be a haunted place. Sometimes, it may only be residual energy (kinda like residual hauntings). A bit like ectoplasmic residutes (they don't necessarly mean there's a ghost) and places that have a general atmosphere to them (leftover energy).

I may be wrong but that's how I perceive it.

What I meant is you have to filter like crazy to actually get something. There's always traffic noise, static, stuff like that to sift through, depending on where you took the recording and who was in the room with you.