Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion vs. God

sees in clouds

When Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well, she specifically asked him, how she was supposed to worship. He specifically told her to go to the Jews, as they had religion down pat. If she wanted to know about God though, she should come to him. Right there, he separates God and the church.

It is a normal thing, and has been since the dawn of time, for a person to want to belong to something. People NEED this. Church has always been the gathering place for people, fulfilling this need for some, and each denomination, or clubhouse, has it's own beliefs. Many tell you, that if you don't belong to their club, you are damned! Or say, Listen to me to be saved! Did you ever try to ask an official at a church about the matter of your soul? They can not tell you! Because the soul is of God. They spout different commandments, and right and wrong. Which isn't bad, as they tend to instill a sense of values in those who do not have them inately. But, they have intermingled this sense of right and wrong with God. Inadvertantly, they have run more people from God than anything!! People either believe greedily that Heaven will be paved in gold, and fearfully that if they sin, they will burn for eternity! Geesh! Scared me!

God is in you. He is in every single living thing. "I AM THAT I AM". When you say, I am lonely, I am anything...that I AM of what you speak, IS GOD! The church has you looking to the skies, and everywhere! when HE is in you! But, if you have a hammer in your pocket, and don't know about it, you will continue to use a rock. When people stop thinking of their bodies as "them", they will know God! When you realize that the body that you are in, is nothing more than the car or vehicle you are using during this particular chance to live, feel the ground, taste the water, enjoy, and learn. When you realize this, you can start then, to figure out what your soul's mission was in the beginning. When you know that God is in you, as the part that makes you tick without battery or electric, then you will have use of him as a tool in your life. Don't let sceptics and church elders let you get bogged down in sin. Did you know that the Mormons actually deem woman as unworthy? LOL What woman would actually be comforted by this kind of abuse? Not a church that I want to follow. Yes, as a follower of God, you will naturally love your neighbor, and while some of us always think of others first, there is a larger faction that doesn't. That is why there is religion. To try to tell you how to live in harmony with your brother. If you break a commandment, you have hurt someone. Jesus did not eradicate the commandments at the sermon on the mount, but boiled them down to "love your neighbor as yourself". If you do that, you will not steal from them, or hurt them in any way. But it has absolutely nothing to do with where your soul goes in the end, or make you burn in hell for an eternity, or make you live life to atone for past sins. And, Don't forget that the thing inside of every single living being, that thing that makes them tick, is another piece of God. When you are able to shed the traditions of your fathers and of the church traditions, that you were taught since birth, you will be able to find God. What do you think? Sees in Clouds.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sees in clouds

• Paranoid Android

• panther10758

Top Posters In This Topic

The Church is a building used to worship whatever or whoever its nothing more than just a building

Religon is not only a phliosiphy its a buiness that needs to make money to survive

Faith is your personal relatioship with "your" God and teh only true means to honestly worship.

God is what we (or anyone) call an Omnipotent being. God him/herself has no apparent name

The presideing are opinions and in no way reflect any religous training or background. this is what works for me though

The Church is a building used to worship whatever or whoever its nothing more than just a building

Religon is not only a phliosiphy its a buiness that needs to make money to survive

Faith is your personal relatioship with "your" God and teh only true means to honestly worship.

God is what we (or anyone) call an Omnipotent being. God him/herself has no apparent name

The presideing are opinions and in no way reflect any religous training or background. this is what works for me though

724587[/snapback]

The church is your clubhouse, to meet with others of like mind, for fellowship, and kinship alike. Religion is a billion dollar business that has nothing to do with God, no matter how many times they invoke HIS name. Jesus was killed for trying to tell the people all that was wrong with the church. For telling them that the church leaders were corrupt. For telling the truth.

Faith is the trust that you bestow 'in' something. To know that it will always be there when you need it, even though you can't see it. Your God is in you, whether you know it or not. If you do not know this, you cannot know God. Does it comfort you to think that God is so far away? When you know God, you will know. Then you cannot turn your back on it, or believe in any other way.

Apparently, God has been called by many names! Alpha and Omega, The first and last....The Lord God Almighty...There are a host of names given this 'entity'. I believe that the Bible has actually listed them! But I agree with you that God is an Omnipotent being. And you can have faith in this Omnipotence. What do you think?

Sees in Clouds

Jesus did not eradicate the commandments at the sermon on the mount, but boiled them down to "love your neighbor as yourself".

724441[/snapback]

You forgot the greatest commandment - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind. Loving your neighbour as important and integral as it is, is only the second greatest commandment.

All the best,

It is a normal thing, and has been since the dawn of time, for a person to want to belong to something.  People NEED this.  Church has always been the gathering place for people, fulfilling this need for some, and each denomination, or clubhouse, has it's own beliefs.  Many tell you, that if you don't belong to their club, you are damned!  Or say, Listen to me to be saved!

724441[/snapback]

The former Anglican archbishop of Sydney (I hear he's been supplanted recently) Peter Jensen caused a stir amongs (some) people within the upper eschelons of the Anglican church.

His vision for Sydney was to see 10% of the population in BIBLE BELIEVING churches in ten years (2013 based on the date of his election). He made some enemies with this statement because he did not say 10% of the population in ANGLICAN churches. As sad as it is, some cannot see the difference between belief in the God of the Bible and following a specific set of beliefs as defined by a specific organised religion......

All the best,

Jesus did not eradicate the commandments at the sermon on the mount, but boiled them down to "love your neighbor as yourself".

724441[/snapback]

You forgot the greatest commandment - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind. Loving your neighbour as important and integral as it is, is only the second greatest commandment.

All the best,

725106[/snapback]

Yes I did....