Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carmex

girty1600

Carmex. This product is so evil. It was actually designed to harm your lips by sucking all the moisture out so you have to keep reapplying it every half hour or so. This might not be a big deal to everyone but if you have sensitive skin then it's good to know.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• girty1600

• UnaFragger

• Saru

• justcallmefox

Moved this into a seperate topic of it's own

Carmex. This product is so evil. It was actually designed to harm your lips by sucking all the moisture out so you have to keep reapplying it every half hour or so. This might not be a big deal to everyone but if you have sensitive skin then it's good to know.

725355[/snapback]

?! I use that too. Show me!

Sounds like typical business ethics these days though. hehe.

725355[/snapback]

?! I use that too. Show me!

Sounds like typical business ethics these days though. hehe.

727173[/snapback]

You lips would be better off if you bought some of that really cheap stuff that's made mostly from wax.

Carmex=very bad, indeed.

but it makes sense, though. (in a twisted way) the company wants you to keep buying their product, so they make it so you will keep needing it.

Of course they do; many companies do that. The problem I have is how harmful the product actually is. yes.gif

Wow. Carmax is not my lip balm of choice, but I have used it in the past and didn't notice that effect. Is there documentation of this or is it just a tongue in cheek complaint?

Its the camphor that is bad for the lips; its the main active ingrediant in Caremx.

for anyone looking for a really good lip moisturizer.... pay attention:

1. go buy a $10 tub of Aquaphore made by Eucerine.

2. buy a $0.99 empty plastic jar aboaut the size of a carmex container.

3. buy a deeply tinted lipgloss in your favorite color (or you can mix colors if you already have some, or jsut leave them out all together, aquaphore is amazing)

4. to every carmex size container you fill with Aquaphore, add about a couple of swipes of your favorite color and mix them together.

Voila! instant lip relief. This stuff is the best... it really is. I went on a skin medication a while back that completely dried out every mucus membrane, and my doctor recommended Aquaphore. It has no taste, no smell, and no nasty side effects. Plus, it WORKS. you'll never have lip problems again and that large tub will last you for a year. Have fun:)

for anyone looking for a really good lip moisturizer....  pay attention:

1.  go buy a $10 tub of Aquaphore made by Eucerine.

2.  buy a $0.99 empty plastic jar aboaut the size of a carmex container.

3.  buy a deeply tinted lipgloss in your favorite color (or you can mix colors if you already have some, or jsut leave them out all together, aquaphore is amazing)

4.  to every carmex size container you fill with Aquaphore, add about a couple of swipes of your favorite color and mix them together.

Voila!  instant lip relief.  This stuff is the best... it really is.  I went on a skin medication a while back that completely dried out every mucus membrane, and my doctor recommended Aquaphore.  It has no taste, no smell, and no nasty side effects.  Plus, it WORKS.  you'll never have lip problems again and that large tub will last you for a year.  Have fun:)

727428[/snapback]

Neat idea! I agree, the aquphor is a very good product, it's basically vaseline on speed. I'd never thought about putting flavors / colors in it though. Neat. original.gif

Carmex . . bad for your lips? I never heard that before! I've used Carmex in the past and I never experienced any side effects or otherwise from the product.

dontgetit.gif

Carmex . . bad for your lips?  I never heard that before!  I've used Carmex in the past and I never experienced any side effects or otherwise from the product.

dontgetit.gif

731897[/snapback]

me neither. I always thought positive of this product. It never dried out my lips, it actually restored them to their natural state once. And if it was harmful, why does the government allow the selling of this? ph34r.gif

Hmm... maybe that explains why I use it all the time casue it's right by my computer desk, and when I left the house for 2 days my lips kept chapping, and medicated lip balm thingies wouldnt't work. Joy. my lips are in withdrawl.

This makes me glad I don't use that stuff, I just let my lips be and tough it out.

This makes me glad I don't use that stuff, I just let my lips be and tough it out.

747502[/snapback]

I've never used anything on my lips.... I don't understand why people use this stuff all the time.....

• 3 weeks later...