Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The jigsaw mystery

Blackleaf

Jigsaw Mystery

There was an old lady who lived on her own in a very foggy part of Dartmoor, in the South West of England. She had lived alone for fifteen years, ever since her husband had died in a mysterious car accident. However, the car accidenet is not my present purpose on which to dwell. You see, this old lady had a passion for jigsaw puzzles, it probably came with the stigma of being alone for she had no family or friends and lived in a very secluded spot. Every night she would sit at her dining room table and work on her current jigsaw puzzle until it was finished, then she would start a new one.

However, there came a night, a rugged, windy, stormy winter night when she ran out of jigsaw puzzles. She was extremely upset as she had nothing else to do (this was in the days before TV and her radio had no signal in so removed a place). She was just thinking of going up to bed earlier than usual when she heard a thud, as if something had fallen onto the mat from the mail flap.

Intruiged, the old lady hobbled downstairs to find a rectangular parcel had been put through the door and now lay, invitingly, on the mat. She picked it up, carried it upstairs to her dining table and opened it to reveal a new jigsaw puzzle! It had no picture of what it made up on the front but the old lady didn't care. Neither did she care who had sent it, she was just so happy to have another puzzle to do.

It took her about an hour to complete it but as she began the get the entire picture her consternation grew for she saw that the picture being made up was that of the very room in which she now sat. Then, she gasped, for she realised that the woman sitting at the table in the picture with her back to the window was a picture of her!!! Her fingers tremeled as she placed the last four pieces of the puzzle to reveal a picture of a crazed madman at the window staring into the room, holding an axe!

The last thing that old lady ever heard was the sound of breaking glass...

-----------

This legend was told in the movie "Dead Poets Society"

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Latic

• FreyKade

• mako

• Blackleaf

hehe funny.... what a cool way to spook someone.

if i did that jigsaw, i wouldnt wait around to see who was sitting at the table in the room im in. i would make my way to the nearest weaopn and go hunting. tell you what, those extendable pipes for hoovers can pack a punch. i destroyed stuff with it without harming the pipe.

Cool, but my only question is - if she took the puzzle upstairs to work on it and the picture showed her sitting at the table and the lunatic standing outside the window, what was he standing on? mellow.gif

Cool, but my only question is - if she took the puzzle upstairs to work on it and the picture showed her sitting at the table and the lunatic standing outside the window, what was he standing on?  mellow.gif

726973[/snapback]

He was probably using telekinesis to hover outside the window. thumbsup.gif

Edited by UnaFragger

That was a sweet story.

This is a slightly different version i posted a few months back.

We had one from around these parts that goes as follows.

An old woman (normally my mates mates grandma, if you know wot i mean) who's husband has just died takes up the hobby of making jig saws. On clearing out the attick she finds a box addressed to her husband, on opening the package its a blank box with the word 'warning' on the front.

She opens the box and realises its a jig saw, nothing more is thought about it and she continues to clean out the attick. Later that day she had finished her last jig saw and proceeds to start on the one she just found. She sets up her table and sits back in her favourite arm chair.

Its a huge jig saw and it takes her a few days to even consturct the very outline of it. On the second day she notices something very strange about it, its starting to look exactly like her sitting room after a few more hours the jig saw is getting even more strange by the minute, it is now showing her sitting in her arm chair doing a jig saw!!!!!

She'd now used up completely all the pieces of the jig saw and all she was missing was the pieces that made up the window. She went back into the attick as she remembered there was another small box again wrapped and addressed to her husband. The box was upside down and as she unwrapped it the top fell to the floor along with all the pieces.

Collecting the pieces together she went back down stairs to complete the jigsaw. As the last few pieces were put into the puzzle a dark shadow was shown at the window.

The last thing she heard was the breaking of glass.

Okay.... blink.gif Never heard that one, pretty cool though.

• 3 weeks later...
what a story... original.gif

Wow that one was good. Actually got some butterflies in my stomach. Very nice

since no-one is responding to the other thread about this might aswell post it here:

A short about this legend has been made a few years ago. It's been slightly changed, but it's worth the effort

mms://streams.omroep.nl/nps/dekortefilm/jigsaw.wmv

I saw a similar story on TV, and it was not a documentary.

Edited by Alpha