Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bride and Seek

Blackleaf

Bride and Seek

During the wedding reception of a young couple, the guests decided to play a drunken game of hide and seek. It was decided that the groom was "it" and he eventually found everyone except his new bride.

The longer he searched the more frusturated he became and he was soon furious thinking she had left. He decided the game wasn't funny anymore and went home without his bride. As weeks went by, he accepted that she'd had second thoughts and went on with her life so he did the same.

A few years later a cleaning lady dusted off an old trunk in the attic of the building where the reception had taken place, out of curiosity she opened it.

Inside the trunk was the rotted body of the missing bride who'd apparently became locked in the trunk she'd chosen to hide in. Whether she'd suffocated or starved was unknown, but her face was frozen in a scream.

• Like 1

it's 'of indiscriminate origins' i.e no ones been able to track down where it came from, so i would assume, like the majority of urban legends its totally made up

I've heard that one a TON of times. It's one of the only urban legends I've seen without varying much. There's something about rings too, like the husband doesn't find the body until years later and he knows it's her by her wedding ring.

iv heard that one! its in a ghost story book i have! w00t.gif

alien original.gif

but her face was frozen in a scream.

725662[/snapback]

Poetic description - usually the sign of an elaborate story.

Oh, and check out these links too.

Urban legends on-line

Falling skies

Horror-web.com

Google is your friend yes.gif There were more, but I thought this would do for now.

All the best,

• 1 month later...

i nevr heard of this one so i really dont know if its true or not. but yea thanks for the story..

it's 'of indiscriminate origins' i.e no ones been able to track down where it came from, so i would assume, like the majority of urban legends its totally made up

725800[/snapback]

sad story if it's true but most likely its untrue.

That's sad. I guess she saw a ghost. And what a stupid place to hide in lol. Of course he wouldn't find her there.

*Scrathces off hide and seek game from "to do" list for the wedding*

No husband would ever give up that easily if he couldn't find his wife....

*Scrathces off hide and seek game from "to do" list for the wedding*

No husband would ever give up that easily if he couldn't find his wife....

814756[/snapback]

Agreed..

if that was my wife I'd not give up looking for her until she was found.

but he was totally p**sed with booze

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bride and Seek

During the wedding reception of a young couple, the guests decided to play a drunken game of hide and seek. It was decided that the groom was "it" and he eventually found everyone except his new bride.

The longer he searched the more frusturated he became and he was soon furious thinking she had left. He decided the game wasn't funny anymore and went home without his bride. As weeks went by, he accepted that she'd had second thoughts and went on with her life so he did the same.

A few years later a cleaning lady dusted off an old trunk in the attic of the building where the reception had taken place, out of curiosity she opened it.

Inside the trunk was the rotted body of the missing bride who'd apparently became locked in the trunk she'd chosen to hide in. Whether she'd suffocated or starved was unknown, but her face was frozen in a scream.

That story was in a book. I have read it before. Very good story though.

• 7 years later...

What a stupid-ass game to play at a wedding reception. Couldn't the original fabricator have come up with a better backstory? Like some chick in a big, expensive wedding dress is gonna squish herself into a trunk for funzies. As if..... :hmm:

Never heard this one before. If it was true, it's a wonder he didn't smell her while she was decomposing.

I've heard of it before. There is an old manor house in England that's haunted. Unfortunately I can't recall the name. I know it's not Moreton Corbett,which has a different ghost story to it. I think the name of this manor house starts with an "F" and has been mentioned in books. A young bride of one of the heirs to the manor during the wedding celebration with some other people went and played hide and seek.She climbed into a large chest and closed the lid. Unfortunately the tongue which fit over the loop to which you could attach a padlock of some sort,prevented her from opening the chest,in any case,for some reason she couldn't open it. They searched everywhere for her,but no one found her,till many years later. It's said she haunts the ruins of this manor house. You might want to Google the bride in the chest,and this manor house 's name may come up.This english manor house is a real place,so there maybe some truth to it.Some of these old stories like that of the ghost of Marion Le Bruyere at I think Rochester Castle invovle real people who actually lived.That's like lady Lily Lumley at Lumley Castle. She was a member of the Lollards,they were a group who were considered heretics by the Catholic Church,much as the Cathars were.Some monks from a nearby abbey or priory came one day when her husband Sir Ralph Lumley was away to see her.They tried to get her to convert back to the Catholic faith.When she refused, they murdered her.

When her husband returned and found out what happend, he had these monks killed. Both Lady Lumley and the monks haunt the castle. The Lollards were a real group,whether you could consider them an early form of protestant I'm not sure.The only medieval hersey that still exists today are the Waldesians,from their founder,Peter Waldo. You can find them on Google too.