Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Huntsville Alabama

ghostwatcher

darktrol1346 wrote:

i live in the cedar point area, but I'm more interested in the story about juniper hill. I want to know if anybody knows what the deal with that place is. Is it haunted?
I don't know, Darktrol. Have you heard of a investingation on it & have you heard some history on it?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doggirl3

• ghostwatcher

• hunter of oddities

• Kileaiya

darktrol1346 wrote: I don't know, Darktrol. Have you heard of a investingation on it & have you heard some history on it?

I heard somebody investigated the place and took pictures, I did a search on Google and found nothing. I was wondering if anybody knew any more about it or has more details.

• 7 months later...

Hey.....I really need directions to Crybaby Hollow...You know, the one in Huntsville (Alabama)? The search is driving me CRAZY!!! :blink:

I can't give you directions there unfortunately, but can say that it seems as if there is a crybaby hollow in every town. I don't know what you'd find at the one here if anything. If you haven't hunted here before though, please make sure to stay away from Sally Carter's mansion. It's now in the middle of a gated community and IF you made it past the guard at the shack, it would be a quick trip to jail for you. Also, DCP wouldn't be a good place to get caught either.

Many ideas here;

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/totalgeeks....bamaghosts.html

CRY BABY HOLLOW

I think that there is one of these in every town, but I can assure you this is close to the creepiest one I have ever been to. The story is that a lady wrecked her car of the bridge, but never found her baby after the accident. Late at night you can hear the baby cry. I’m not sure about the crying business but if you leave a Baby Ruth candy bar on the bridge it will disappear. Some people like to sit on the bridge in there car and wait for the babay to come get the candy bar, we normall drive to the end of the road, turn around, then come back. I would say that this has worked 50% of the times that we have done it. Oh yeah. The real bridge can’t be seen from the road. The one you can drive across is where people usually try this, but if you stop just before the bridge you can see an old trail that leads to the crappy old bridge. Be careful it’s rickety.

DIRECTIONS

Take Memorial Parkway (Huntsville AL) south until you get to highway 36 (about ten miles south of the TN river bridge) take a right on 36 and follow that untill Cotaco Florette RD, where you will go left. CF RD is at a little intersection right by Cotaco middle school and some gas stations. Follow C.F. road until you come to AL-67. Take a left. Drive a couple of miles then slow down and look for ENTREKIN RD. It will be on your left. Turn left and follow it to the stop sign where the gravel/dirt road begins. Then take a left. This will be the road that the bridge is on. You’ll cross a newer bridge with concrete guardrails then the cry baby bridge shortly after. If you stop between the two you can find the trail to the real bridge. It will be on the right.

The chance of getting busted here by the cops is very low. There are no cops in this county. The chance of bumping into crazy rednecks is a slight possibilty, but unlikely.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Finally someone who could give me a straight answer! I'll be going there soon, so any experiences I have, I'll post. :D

Many ideas here;

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/totalgeeks....bamaghosts.html

CRY BABY HOLLOW

I think that there is one of these in every town, but I can assure you this is close to the creepiest one I have ever been to. The story is that a lady wrecked her car of the bridge, but never found her baby after the accident. Late at night you can hear the baby cry. I’m not sure about the crying business but if you leave a Baby Ruth candy bar on the bridge it will disappear. Some people like to sit on the bridge in there car and wait for the babay to come get the candy bar, we normall drive to the end of the road, turn around, then come back. I would say that this has worked 50% of the times that we have done it. Oh yeah. The real bridge can’t be seen from the road. The one you can drive across is where people usually try this, but if you stop just before the bridge you can see an old trail that leads to the crappy old bridge. Be careful it’s rickety.

DIRECTIONS

Take Memorial Parkway (Huntsville AL) south until you get to highway 36 (about ten miles south of the TN river bridge) take a right on 36 and follow that untill Cotaco Florette RD, where you will go left. CF RD is at a little intersection right by Cotaco middle school and some gas stations. Follow C.F. road until you come to AL-67. Take a left. Drive a couple of miles then slow down and look for ENTREKIN RD. It will be on your left. Turn left and follow it to the stop sign where the gravel/dirt road begins. Then take a left. This will be the road that the bridge is on. You’ll cross a newer bridge with concrete guardrails then the cry baby bridge shortly after. If you stop between the two you can find the trail to the real bridge. It will be on the right.

The chance of getting busted here by the cops is very low. There are no cops in this county. The chance of bumping into crazy rednecks is a slight possibilty, but unlikely.

• 6 months later...

Ok so...I have been to DCP and had weird things happen like the swings moving and what not...I asked my grandmother the actual story and she told me that forever ago...literally...the children that haunt the site were in fact murdered and thrown into the trees there. apparently the guy that they arrested for the crimes said that he wanted to put them near the cemetary because its where they belonged....i know it sounds a little nuts but thats what i was always told...the possibility of spirits leaving the cemetary is a little off because from research i have done in the past once a spirit is in a location (such as a cemetary) it doesnt just wander around outside of its territory...so why would the kids buried in the cemetary haunt the playground?? when the haunting started the play ground wasnt even there. BUT first hand experience about the dale mansion er w/e its called in hazel green...i didnt even know the place had a name until recently. a few years ago my ex and i and some friends used to go back there and hang out and drink and smoke and do other stupid teenager things because its off the road and cops cant see your car back there....that place is by far the creepierst place i have ever been! there were a few times that we would be sitting on the back of the car and we would see and old black man walk around the tree-line and back towards the foundation of the house and he would always shake his head at us. another time something was thrown at my ex while we were back at the grave-site in the middle of the afternoon. it seriously came out of nowhere. ive had way too many experiences there to type and none of them good. if you want to go frollicking around in those woods be my guest just dont tear the place up. alot of people have been back there and messed up the gravesite and spray painted the trees and what-not...at least respect their resting place.

• 2 weeks later...

The Carter Mansion is in the middle of a gated community now with a guard on duty. If you go in it, you WILL go to jail. I'd leave that one alone. The same for Dallas Mills. The cops loiter around it. Most of the places listed around here are off limits without permission. Just throwing that warning out there.

The Carter Mansion is in the middle of a gated community now with a guard on duty. If you go in it, you WILL go to jail. I'd leave that one alone. The same for Dallas Mills. The cops loiter around it. Most of the places listed around here are off limits without permission. Just throwing that warning out there.

That is always one rule that everyone should know. If you don't follow that the owners might mistake you as a theif and shoot you on sight too. Always find out who the owners are and ask for a invite or permission to be on the property first before going to investingate.

• 4 months later...

I live in Huntsville on Monte Sano, kinda. Our land is actually by the Land Trust that's downhill of Bankhead Rd. I hike up there alot, and was wondering if anything "weird" has happened to anyone who's ever been up there. There's this really big logging trail right behind my backyard and a cute little waterfall and the drainage ditches and stuff, but it just feels really eerie whenever I'm up there. So yesterday, I heard this scream come from that woods. not an echo, but it sounded like in my backyard. So I got my machete( because I'm paranoid) and checked it out. I checked the woods, my backyard, and the old house foundation by my house, and found nothing. And most times my friends are at my house,they see figure walking on the boundaries between my land and the Land Trust. So I'm asking if anyone knows if anything paranormal has happened up there.My Dad checked out the woods when he got home,but found nothing like I did. And alot of times, it seems like people are knocking on our front door, which is suspended 30 feet in the air because we haven't built steps leading up to it yet. So creepy,yes, but I honestly have no idea what's going on here.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to DCP before during the day, and i did have a weird encounter. wasn't like most of what people have posted, but it was pretty odd. I went with a friend who was visiting to show her around and i thought it would be interesting since i had never been there before either.. it was about noonish, and i drove my car in to see what it was like. Totally odd, although it was bright you do get a weird feeling being there. we walked around for a second and thought we heard feet rustling around in the sand around the playground area. Totally felt like we needed to get outta there so we left pretty quickly.

• 2 months later...

Ill ask here too....

Has anyone heard of the "hunting lodge?" My friends dad mentioned a place by this name up on Keel mountain out by Gurley...said he got scared as **** out there back in the 70s.

Thanks for the help - it sounded CRAZY!

• 1 month later...

Ill ask here too....

Has anyone heard of the "hunting lodge?" My friends dad mentioned a place by this name up on Keel mountain out by Gurley...said he got scared as **** out there back in the 70s.

Thanks for the help - it sounded CRAZY!

I've lived out near Keel Mountain my entire life but have never heard of this. I do know that we have experienced some strange things up on that mountain though, especailly the back side near New Hope. Tell us the story!

I live in Huntsville on Monte Sano, kinda. Our land is actually by the Land Trust that's downhill of Bankhead Rd. I hike up there alot, and was wondering if anything "weird" has happened to anyone who's ever been up there. There's this really big logging trail right behind my backyard and a cute little waterfall and the drainage ditches and stuff, but it just feels really eerie whenever I'm up there. So yesterday, I heard this scream come from that woods. not an echo, but it sounded like in my backyard. So I got my machete( because I'm paranoid) and checked it out. I checked the woods, my backyard, and the old house foundation by my house, and found nothing. And most times my friends are at my house,they see figure walking on the boundaries between my land and the Land Trust. So I'm asking if anyone knows if anything paranormal has happened up there.My Dad checked out the woods when he got home,but found nothing like I did. And alot of times, it seems like people are knocking on our front door, which is suspended 30 feet in the air because we haven't built steps leading up to it yet. So creepy,yes, but I honestly have no idea what's going on here.

Have you heard anything else lately? I walk the trails at the Land Trust and the park almost weekly when weather permits and I get the strangest feelings sometimes. I think about your post often and wonder if anything new has happened.