Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Puzzle Murder

greattenchim

One day an old lady, a neighbor of ours was home alone as a parcel was left at the door she opened it and there was a box. Inside there were puzzle pieces. She didn't think much of it and left it at that.

Later that night when she was in bed and heard noises outside her window. Scared, she decided to solve that strange puzzle to keep her mind off of the spooky noises. As she was putting it together she realized that the puzzle was of a bedroom that seemed very much like her own, needless to say it scared her and yet curious she continued to solve the puzzle.

Until she noticed that she was in the puzzle solving a puzzle and that there was a tall dark man outside her window holding a knife! Totally dazed she looked slowly up at the window and there he was the man from the puzzle looking at her! Screaming as loud as she could and ran into the lounge and tried to call the police. The phone went dead. Horrified she ran outside only to feel a sharp pain right in her back.

The police never found her body to this day but, they did find something strange. A puzzle on the kitchen table with an old lady doing a puzzle and a man with a knife at the window.

You would not believe how many times I've heard this one! The Puzzle Murder is a very common Urban Legend.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moose-Of-Armageddon

• justcallmefox

• greattenchim

• piercing_maniac

Hm i never heard that one before. Was the puzzle a map of her room ? Im confused. Anyway good story happy.gif

Very interesting story but I just don't believe it ever happened. I mean, how could there be a picture of her solving a puzzle on the puzzle?

yah I believe I've heard that before, pretty weird...

One day an old lady, a neighbor of ours was home alone as a parcel was left at the door she opened it and there was a box. Inside there were puzzle pieces. She didn't think much of it and left it at that.

Later that night when she was in bed and heard noises outside her window. Scared, she decided to solve that strange puzzle to keep her mind off of the spooky noises. As she was putting it together she realized that the puzzle was of a bedroom that seemed very much like her own, needless to say it scared her and yet curious she continued to solve the puzzle.

Until she noticed that she was in the puzzle solving a puzzle and that there was a tall dark man outside her window holding a knife! Totally dazed she looked slowly up at the window and there he was the man from the puzzle looking at her! Screaming as loud as she could and ran into the lounge and tried to call the police. The phone went dead. Horrified she ran outside only to feel a sharp pain right in her back.

The police never found her body to this day but, they did find something strange. A puzzle on the kitchen table with an old lady doing a puzzle and a man with a knife at the window.

You would not believe how many times I've heard this one! The Puzzle Murder is a very common Urban Legend.

732641[/snapback]

Another campfire ghost story with no basis in reality, or logic.

If no body was found, how do we know she was stabbed in the back?

How do we know she "was totally dazed..."

Great for summer camp though.

I've read this.It scared the crap out of me the first time I read it though.

lol whatever actually I haven't done many jiggy's in my life...

*Goes to the puzzle cupboard to retrace lost jiggy time.He puts together a jigsaw, but it turns out to be a pic of Moose-of-Armageddon doing the jigsaw and Nick Fury is behind the window!ARRRGH!!!!!Run out of house STAB STAB*

Heard it before, at camp one summer i think, but it's one of the best in the category Horror/urban legends.

thanks for sharing

Never heard of it interesting though.

aww poor old lady sad.gif nice story though original.gif

I heard this maybe once before.

Seems highly unlikely. Why would anyone want to kill an old lady in the first place?

Maybe old lady stole his potatoes......or perhaps his cheese....

seems like an awful lot of trouble just to kill an old lady, dontcha think?

hmm.gif Edited by justcallmefox

• 2 weeks later...

yes....a myth. i mean, its not like i spent weeks studying her and her room, made the puzzle then stabbed her! heh heh...I DIDNT! devil.gif

How did we get this story in the first place? Did the old lady tell someone after she died? hmm.gif

Fake. No logic. But cool. cool.gif

732641[/snapback]

then how would we know she felt a pain in her back? or that she screamed? or that she tried to call the police

very poorly constructed urban legend

Very interesting story but I just don't believe it ever happened. I mean, how could there be a picture of her solving a puzzle on the puzzle?

733061[/snapback]

Haha, how can there be ghosts and all sorts of UNEXPLAINED mysteries?

LOL

But frankly: there's a very nice short film, it's called Jigsaw, check some inf here > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432909/

I've seen that short when I didn'd know about the legend yet, and it TOTALLY FASCINATED me. This is what intrigues me an incredible lot. But there was this little change in the plot, making it a little more plausible. Still, it was goosebumping stuff!!!

There's a movie here, and since there's no dialogue, it's international, you should click the moving reel accompanied text http://www.cinema.nl/cinema/movies/index.j...movies=17935437