Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter 6 Spoiler Discussion

BurnSide

I can't believe no ones started a topic about this yet. In only a few hours the latest installment in this incredible series is being released!! Who's getting it right away? Who's excited!? I'm so excited about it, i've recently read through all the books again just to prepare! laugh.gif

user posted image

This is a spoiler discussion. Read at your own risk.

Edited by BurnSide

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• ABOTU

• JennRose

• aquatus1

rarr I lost the reciept that I need to get the book! ahh!

You pre-ordered and lost your receipt!? hahah oh man that sucks!

that's my family for ya.... everytime we get something important we lose it... anybody fans of The Daily Show? I'm watching a rerun, with Rob Corddry. COULD IT HAPPEN HERE? ha ha

I posted a few articles on it in another thread. But you want them here as well then by all means

Fans await Harry Potter release

Harry Potter fans around the world are eagerly awaiting the release of the sixth book about the boy wizard.

Bookshops in 15 countries - including the UK, US, Brazil and the Philippines - will open at 0001 BST on Saturday.

Author JK Rowling is to read from the book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, at Edinburgh Castle at midnight, in front of 70 children.

All the children won competitions to report on the event on behalf of newspapers from across the globe.

The cub reporters will be collected from a reception at the City Chambers by 12 carriages drawn by black horses adorned with black ostrich plumes.

Fire-eaters and jugglers will line the Royal Mile as they proceed to the castle, whose Queen Anne building has been dressed to resemble the entrance hall of Harry's school Hogwarts.

Rowling will make her appearance from behind a secret panel to read from the first chapter of her book, a copy of which will be given to each child.

Live footage of the reading will be shown on a large screen on the esplanade outside for more than a thousand other youngsters.

The same footage will be broadcast live at Barnes and Noble bookshop in Manhattan, where actor Jim Dale - who reads the audio versions of Rowling's books in the US - will host a launch party.

It is one of more than 5,000 that will take place across the States.

The biggest will be held at Mount Prospect, Illinois, where more than 10,000 fans will participate in a range of Potter-related activities.

Book chain Waterstone's is expecting 300,000 people to queue at its UK stores to be among the first to buy the book.

Attractions include face-painting, magic shows and reduced Potter performances - condensing the first five volumes into five minutes.

In New York, the world's biggest toy shop - Toys R Us in Times Square - will be transformed into the Hogwarts Academy.

Other countries, including India, will also hold events to mark the occasion.

In Australia and New Zealand, the choreographed release will take place mid-morning local time.

Saturday is expected to become one the biggest book-buying days of the year, with 10 million copies set aside for the US market.

It is anticipated that more than two million copies will be sold in the UK alone.

The Royal Mail says it has been inundated with internet orders for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

'internet history'

More than 150 extra trucks will distribute copies from retailer warehouses to 1,400 delivery offices in order to ensure that customers are not disappointed in the morning.

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to make internet, as well as literary, history by becoming the biggest-selling single item ordered online for delivery on a single day," said a spokesman.

But the run-up to the book's release - the penultimate in the series - has not been problem-free.

One boy in the US, Sylum Mastropaolo, was sold a copy of the book by mistake on Monday, but he and his parents returned it to the shop.

A court order was issued in Canada banning the disclosure of the story's contents after a number of the books were sold by mistake.

And in the latest leak, a man who claims to have bought the book in a shop in Indianapolis has described the plot as "shocking".

Excitement mounting

Rumoured plot developments include the return of Moaning Myrtle the ghost, the reappearance of Lord Voldemort's assistant Wormtail and a romance for Harry.

There is also speculation that a recurring character will be killed off, with Hagrid, Professor Dumbledore and Harry's Uncle Vernon among those tipped for the chop.

With excitement mounting for the book's publication, Chancellor Gordon Brown has said he thinks Rowling has "done more for literacy around the world than any single human being".

Mr Brown and Works and Pensions Secretary David Blunkett have contributed to an ITV1 programme being broadcast on Friday evening to mark the publication of The Half-Blood Prince.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/ente...rts/4683503.stm

Well, I ordered it on Amazon, so shoudl get it in the next week or so. Can't wait! I'm going to have to make myself not read this tread and ruin the story!

It'll be in Asda just after midnight for £7. I'm not bothering pre-ordering it, last year we still had a million boxes in the back afternoon the next day.

I'll just pick it up whenever i drift past a bookshop and find myself with a spare couple of days. I don't see why people have this obsession of being the first to get a copy and then sittng there for 15 hours straight reading it. no.gif Dorks

I personal never finished the last one. Got to were Potter was thinking the world was against them and got bored.

I'll just pick it up whenever i drift past a bookshop and find myself with a spare couple of days. I don't see why people have this obsession of being the first to get a copy and then sittng there for 15 hours straight reading it. no.gif  Dorks

735324[/snapback]

you can't say people on this website are dorksjust for wanting to read it. It's a big thing! rarr

I have to say, i'll probably be one of those dorks that buy it, sit in the bookstore and just read it until i finish, unable to even put it down. laugh.gif

Guess what haha? I found the reciept! yes!! take that HP haters!

Nicely done. You'll be able to read it with the rest of us. original.gif

Buuu you lucky fellas, here the English version will cost around 50 bucks, and the Spanish version will come out by the end of the year crying.gif

It'll cost 40 bucks here. Well, for the hardback anyway.

we got the whole series for about $50 from an auction original.gif it's gonna rock! and free drinks from Borders thumbsup.gif ha ha

Really? Then that's not much of a difference here. Though I don't know, because there's a non-written law that says that for 1 buck, it's 1000 chilean Pesos (1.6 bucks) yes.gif

Anyone know how long this one is going to be?

laugh.gif I can just see this topic now when everyone gets the book.

"AY WHAT PAGE U ON?"

"28!"

"369!"

"792!"

"OMGS!"

I'm gonna see if I can get it at Meijer at midnight... for all you people outside of the midwest, meijer is like a really nice wallmart... and its 24 hours tongue.gif

YAY!! I have the entire WEEKEND to read it!! Go me... Go me.. *does a little dance* Go me... w00t.gif

I personal never finished the last one. Got to were Potter was thinking the world was against them and got bored.

735342[/snapback]

Yea..I didn't really enjoy Harry Potter in that book, I hated how gloomy he was. Also, it really wasn't as good as the others; but that is all behind me now!

I can not wait until tomorrow! grin2.gif

And that's just pre-orders.

I'm going to Wal*Mart at midnight tonight to get the book! I cant wait. I'm so excited. grin2.gif I love Wal*Mart...low prices and open 24 hours!

I've had it for awhile now as it is downloadable off Emule P2P program.

Tell me if this is how it starts and it is the correct version.

Harry and Dudley have to pea real bad and go into a funeral out of necessity but are stopped by the funeral director asking them if they are here for the funeral and they lie.

Afterwards Potter and Dudley find no one grieving and Harry leaves his name in the log book.

I'm thinking it is just and older copy of another book by her that was renamed the new one.

Let me know if it is the real deal.